Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Feb-March 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemammoth

Feb 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy,

The game against Romania last week where the player tackled your guy from behind and injured him...Seems he only received a 1 game suspension from the league. I didn't see the tackle and only read your description of it. Is this suspension enough?

stu

Feb 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well he was given a straight red, i would have thought that merited more than a single game suspension. but i don't know a whole lot about the vmsl disciplinary system.

he "apologized" via email, not to me, but to oggy... he wasn't man enough to apologize at the field, so i suppose a half-hearted email from a newly-made hotmail account is all i'm going to get.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-1 Richmond over Belmont ... Belmont playing with 10 men, without keeper, and a number of other regulars = recipe for disaster. 2-1 at half was respectable, but 2 quick (weird) goals in 2nd half sealed the deal. Richmond seem to have a mix of classy good players and a couple of guys you want to punch in the face... but I guess most teams have that mix.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bluemammoth said:
Oggy,

The game against Romania last week where the player tackled your guy from behind and injured him...Seems he only received a 1 game suspension from the league. I didn't see the tackle and only read your description of it. Is this suspension enough?
I'm pretty shocked by the 1-game suspension, especially since I received a straight red and two games last year for saying "what the hell?" Of course, it all depends on the referee report, which in my case was a complete fabrication.
I'd be happier if the guy had to sit out at least as long as it takes our player to be able to run again.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
I thought a straight red necessitates a 3-game minimum.
Generally, you get two games for any red card. The process seems fairly arbitrary, but violent fouls usually result in 3- or 4-game bans. I don't know who you have to blow to get away with one game for putting someone in hospital.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay said:
6-1 Richmond over Belmont ... Belmont playing with 10 men, without keeper, and a number of other regulars = recipe for disaster. 2-1 at half was respectable, but 2 quick (weird) goals in 2nd half sealed the deal. Richmond seem to have a mix of classy good players and a couple of guys you want to punch in the face... but I guess most teams have that mix.

Teelay pretty much summed it up (although the final was 7-1 I think). If Belmont had 11 guys things would have been much closer. They played hard in the first half and deserved to be in it at 2-1. We knew that a quick goal early in the second would open the floodgates, and it did. To their credit, Belmont kept playing hard and were unlucky not to score a couple. The Ref (the always entertaining Uncle John) called the game with about 15 to play, b/c he said that this is when players often get injured, when the score is so high. Teelay, did you guys ask the ref to call the game? I came off at around 4-1 so I didn't hear what was said. As for the mix of classy players and potential punch-out victims, I can see what you mean! We've been our own worst enemy for most of the season. But it's worked to some degree. Anyways, off to lowly B Utd. and hopefully a strong finish to the season.

TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas Park 14- B UTD 0

WHAT THE FCUK?! 2 converted touchdowns by Douglas Park AND a shutout. I knew you guys were a bunch of pricks, but I thought you had more class than that. Was 10 goals not enough, or did 12 or 13 not just not satisfy you guys, so you thought you'd pump in another?! Against a team like B utd, let's face it, a 2 or 3 goal lead is enough to guarantee victory, and even if you get 6-7, you need to draw the line somewhere. Most teams would push the ball around and play possession for as long as they could, but I guess you lot are different. Waiting for a response from the aptly named 'Redneck Ranger.'

TS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
Douglas Park 14- B UTD 0

WHAT THE FCUK?! 2 converted touchdowns by Douglas Park AND a shutout. I knew you guys were a bunch of pricks, but I thought you had more class than that. Was 10 goals not enough, or did 12 or 13 not just not satisfy you guys, so you thought you'd pump in another?! Against a team like B utd, let's face it, a 2 or 3 goal lead is enough to guarantee victory, and even if you get 6-7, you need to draw the line somewhere. Most teams would push the ball around and play possession for as long as they could, but I guess you lot are different. Waiting for a response from the aptly named 'Redneck Ranger.'

TS
Perhaps this belongs in another thread: http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/vmsl/12509-whats-record.html

:D

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
really, b united should be fined for losing by that many. lol

romania 1 - green devils 0

It was a nice day so I decided to catch this game since it was played close to home.

first twenty or so the two teams played fairly even with possession split down the middle. Romania play a decent build up game contrast to the counter attacking style of the Greenies. The Romanians gave the ball away too many times in midfield and were lucky not to be punished as the greenies looked dangerous on the counter. at around 30 minutes Romania make the break through as their number 8 skins two defenders on the right wing and shoots only for the ball to be deflected into the path of the other romanian forward for an 8 yarder into an open net.

second half saw the Romanians step it up and they should have scored at least two more but their big forward missed the net both times with only the keeper to beat. With fifteen to go, the romanian keeper makes a huge save off a corner! At this point the devils were applying some decent pressure, but also looked in danger of getting countered themselves.

the result was fair and the ref was excellent.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the Excellent Site (which reversed the score of our last match with the C-Men until we pointed it out):

C-Men 3-2 City FC

Assuming this is accurate, it's a good result for the C-Men, who have been pretty unlucky in the last couple of seasons. Any comments from 5th Back or a Ranger?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
Douglas Park 14- B UTD 0

TS

TS,

'B' United had 8 players for the entire game. The score was not indicative of the play. 'B' United had at least 15 chances and Douglas Park buried all 14 chances they had. I was reffing the game so I know this for sure............

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
According to the Excellent Site (which reversed the score of our last match with the C-Men until we pointed it out):

C-Men 3-2 City FC

Assuming this is accurate, it's a good result for the C-Men, who have been pretty unlucky in the last couple of seasons. Any comments from 5th Back or a Ranger?

Oggy, They got it wrong. It was 3 - 1 for us..

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
C-Men 3-2 City FC

It's accurate (Davey BC you're full of it, nice goal though ( offside?). You can add to that at least 3 red cards for City FC (apparently they couldn't handle losing). If we get an F for team discipline (Bonefish) then these guys get an F-. Anyways, we were at the pub later and received two Shirley Temples courtesy of the Socceroos, who were celebrating their first win of the season. Nice touch, pr*cks.... Thanks for the 6 points as well. Yaletowners, it's up to you to get into the cup. Good luck!

5th back

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
It's accurate (Davey BC you're full of it, nice goal though ( offside?). You can add to that at least 3 red cards for City FC (apparently they couldn't handle losing). If we get an F for team discipline (Bonefish) then these guys get an F-. Anyways, we were at the pub later and received two Shirley Temples courtesy of the Socceroos, who were celebrating their first win of the season. Nice touch, pr*cks.... Thanks for the 6 points as well. Yaletowners, it's up to you to get into the cup. Good luck!

5th back
Wow. When we played City, they only had one complete jackass, and he got himself sent off after about ten minutes. The rest of the team seemed quite alright. I guess they weren't losing against us, though.:(

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Wow. When we played City, they only had one complete jackass, and he got himself sent off after about ten minutes. The rest of the team seemed quite alright. I guess they weren't losing against us, though.:(

Several jackasses this time around... At one point the ref said to one of them, "you want another card, don't worry I've got plenty of them". Kinda funny from our perspective, and makes the win a little bit sweeter;)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:

Yes Oggy, The lunatic was the second to score in that department. A C-Men player was the first one. I thought it was an even up call myself, however he had a couple untimley challenges earlier. I am guessing the other 2 city players thought it was time to get involved in some stupid play instead of trying to tie the game. :confused:

5th back. that was not offside. Don't try to take my 15 minutes of glory away. :mad: It doesn't come that often at 40. ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final was 3-2 for the C-men and they deserved the victory. they were able to hold their composure for the mosr part while we completely lost it. There were some bad tackles by both sides and cheap crap but to be fair to the C-men it was probably more of us doing that then them. 1-1 at half after 2 nice finishes, our guy slipped it by the onrushing keeper before he got clattered and their forward doing well to chip the ball over me from just inside the 18 as i was closing him down.

2nd half started and our lack of guys ( 11 basically, 2 showed up at halftime or during the second half.) and fitness of the guys who were started to show. (We were playing with our normal starting keeper at left mid, someone who has been out since October in his first extended game at centre D and some guys who don't normally play for the club team in starting spots as apparently oue guys don't like going to Vancouver to playa a game.:rolleyes: ) We went up 2-1 on a nicely worked free kick where Davey got sent through and made a nice finish to beat the keeper. C-men tied it up a few minutes later when on a free kick were 3 of our guys at the back post forgot to try and go to head the floated ball across the 18 and was finished far post.
In the end it was won on a stupid mistake by me as i came for a ball on the up bounce and mishandled ( actually almost missed) and was easily slotted away. their keeper made 2 nice saves to preserve the win, one off an excellent header that he got across to.

At this point things started to get silly. Both teams were guilty of talking to each other, the ref, people walking down the street, birds. It was stupid. So much whine from both teams my ears were hurting. Allthe reds were for second yellow cards. theirs being for talking to the ref. and our 3 for either the same or 8 minute late tackles. Hopefully this never happens again as it was embarassing to both teams and our clubs.

Hopefully JB's can do us afavor and beat yaletown tonight as we shat the bed yesterday and never really tried playing our game or soccer for that matter it seemed. hopefully we can get into the Cup and join our CAT team there and hope to noe be missing our guys through suspension when it starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0