Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish 2-0 over UBC.

Nicely done, congrats. UBC looks like the team to beat in 2A so good on Squamish.

Royals had a tough physical outting at PCOV. Heard we played with them all game, with chances going both ways. PCOV put in a big strong striker, about 6'4" 220 lbs I hear, late who was able to convert a shot that deflected off our defender in the 80th or so minute.

Another away game next week....

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 HNK over Royals...apparently we're all swedish and no finnish....D is holding up but can't hit the onion bag with a couple breakaways and control of the game.

Perhaps better luck with the other Royals side this weekend at home! Here's hoping to get a couple GF under our belt....

Tapitin

Oct 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC Metro 4- Shaheen FC 2

A great game to watch. UBC looks amazing this year. Their No.7 (Thomas) was by far the most gifted player on the field. And, they have another very talented center-midfielder (kindda looks like a young Patrick Vierra) who made close to no mistakes at all...perfect passes everytime.
UBC opened the scoring early on due to a horrendous defensive slip-up by Shaheen's central defender and never looked back.
Shaheen FC managed to get back two goals and hit the crossbar twice but, honestly, they never had a chance. Their team's stacked with talented players in the middle, a very impressive goalie and a super speedy striker but for some reason the coach has decided to employ a 3-5-2 formation...(obsolete if you ask me) and that was clearly what spelled their demise on Saturday. It's really easy to score against their defense. The three central defenders never looked organized and were caught out of position all throughout the night.
Their Defensive Midfielder(Anchor) is, frankly, a non-factor- lacks both fitness and creativity and was way too slow to get back and help with D.
All and all, UBC looks to be the team to watch in this group with a solid D, creative midfield and skillful strikers.
And, as for Shaheen, well, if they can come up with another way of arranging their squad, they could be contending for the top spot along with Squamish and Meraloma.

Mainoffender

Sep 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 HNK over Royals...apparently we're all swedish and no finnish....D is holding up but can't hit the onion bag with a couple breakaways and control of the game.

Perhaps better luck with the other Royals side this weekend at home! Here's hoping to get a couple GF under our belt....

Luck!? soccer mom you guys just need to get better. HNK played down a man for over 60min and still dominated possesion and shots.
At the start of the 2nd HNK held poss. with a dominate defensive display, our midfield and forwards played with so much creativty, we were unlucky not get 2 or 3 goals inside the the 1st 10 min.
We were up 2-0 till late in the 2nd when the Royals got a goal on a diflection off a defender.
Are you the pineapple head on the sideline wearing a england jacket...nice hair bro.lol
Soccer mom give your head a shake!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luck!? soccer mom you guys just need to get better. HNK played down a man for over 60min and still dominated possesion and shots. ............

hahaha no that wasn't me...I wasn't even at the game, just going off what I heard....we could argue all day, at the end you guys didn't put as many as you should've away, and neither did we...

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In friendly play on wednesday ACBC's Cat team (Div 2 FVSL) took on UBC. The game ended 6-1 in favor of ACBC.
Looks like this year the top teams in the FVSL are out classing the top VMSL teams.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:
Desmesh vs Surrey 6:0
Point Grey Rangers vs Richmond Stars 2:4
North Shore Reds vs Sarajevo 0:3
Signmaster vs Douglas Park Rangers 1:4
Roos vs Lions C-men 3:1

milkboy

Jan 22, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
In friendly play on wednesday ACBC's Cat team (Div 2 FVSL) took on UBC. The game ended 6-1 in favor of ACBC.
Looks like this year the top teams in the FVSL are out classing the top VMSL teams.

The "CAT" team was, to say the least, well padded with ACBC's premier players including the top scorer in the FVSL. I don't really think the comparison has any legitimacy...

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "CAT" team was, to say the least, well padded with ACBC's premier players including the top scorer in the FVSL. I don't really think the comparison has any legitimacy...

Only one premier player played to get some fitness in. Admir. Other than that, those are all our Cat team players. Everyone believes the Cat team could be playing premier as well.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 4 West Van Royals 2

The game was dominated by TSA in every way. WV scored one lucky goal off a misplay by our keeper, and another on a great shot. I will admit the calls went our way a number of times, but them's the breaks - we've had plenty go against us throughout the season. That said, he was definitely one of the better refs we have had in terms of game management and actually keeping up with the play. A few tackles definitely warranted cards that were not given.

TSA had chances aplenty, and finally managed to finish a few of them. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and we can continue to play to our capabilities.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, what is going on with IFC Zawisa and the North Shore Reds? I know moving up a division is difficult, and I didn't really rate them as good last season, but I didn't expect them to do as poorly as they are. Double digit losses sure must be embarrassing.

Towards the end of last season we pasted Zawisa 6 or 7 nil, and they were still fighting for promotion at the time as well, but still, are the two teams really that bad or just not getting players out?

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, what is going on with IFC Zawisa and the North Shore Reds? I know moving up a division is difficult, and I didn't really rate them as good last season, but I didn't expect them to do as poorly as they are. Double digit losses sure must be embarrassing.

Towards the end of last season we pasted Zawisa 6 or 7 nil, and they were still fighting for promotion at the time as well, but still, are the two teams really that bad or just not getting players out?

[FONT=&quot]In my opinion both of those teams (along with Surrey STU and Aryana) are already on their way down to 3rd division. North Shore today did not show that they belong in second division. By the end of the first half they were down 5:0. Sarajevo made some substitution in second half that gave North Shore some chance to compete. However, game ended 6:2. Before the game North Shore was trying to convince the ref. not to have the game on a perfect field[/FONT]

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all know Fraser Valley league is better than VMSL. In a short time it will be clear to rest of you. Just wate till BC Premier league starts. Clubs like Langley club like White Rock and Port Moody and Abbi will come through. Youth program is in place. All they have to do is form a U23 BC Premier league and we will have way better soccer to watch.
ACBC is a strong club with a fantastic leader. Club will do a fine job in PCSL league. All we need is few more USL clubs in Canada and MLS in Vancouver and youg men will have places to play in and make a coin localy.
I just wish Bobby would love Canadians more.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking from experience, at least Div. 1 and below are much better in the VMSL. The team we have this season would absolutely dominate Div. 2 in the FVSL and likely compete for promotion in Div. 1 there too. The quality of soccer is better in the VMSL, likely due to the major benefit of not having to travel out to Abbostford for their 9am kick-offs (who didn't love those?) and the like. I cannot speak to premiere, but I do believe the all-star game last season was a somewhat lopsided victory for the VMSL. In regards to the running of the league, I would have to say that the VMSL is a much more well run league.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The team we have this season would absolutely dominate Div. 2 in the FVSL and likely compete for promotion in Div. 1 there too.

Not a chance. You guys are bottom-half div 2 VMSL and would be bottom-5 FVSL Div1, maybe top-3 FVSL div2. I played FVSL div 1 for 2 years before this season in VMSL div 2. The main difference is the pace of the game. It's much faster in FVSL as half the teams are like u-23 sides that have come up through youth together and are young/quick. The other half are between 25-35 year olds with experience and a few young guys. You guys would get pumped in div 1, no doubt. VMSL div 2 is a slow-paced game, often played on shite grass fields, whereas FVSL div 1 is almost all on turf, which lends to a faster game every week.

Not trying to be mean here, just thought I'd set you straight....

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a chance. You guys are bottom-half div 2 VMSL and would be bottom-5 FVSL Div1, maybe top-3 FVSL div2. I played FVSL div 1 for 2 years before this season in VMSL div 2. The main difference is the pace of the game. It's much faster in FVSL as half the teams are like u-23 sides that have come up through youth together and are young/quick. The other half are between 25-35 year olds with experience and a few young guys. You guys would get pumped in div 1, no doubt. VMSL div 2 is a slow-paced game, often played on shite grass fields, whereas FVSL div 1 is almost all on turf, which lends to a faster game every week.

Not trying to be mean here, just thought I'd set you straight....

Our team played in Div. 1 FVSL two seasons ago, and finished mid-pack, then moved over to the VMSL. While you may think the FVSL is quicker, that may be due to a lot of the teams play kick-and-run, as is so common in youth teams. Granted, many of the players are fast, but that does not mean the league is more skilled.

As for our results so far this season, our team is stronger now that it was two seasons ago, and we are only now starting to get our sh*te together and start to play to our potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0