Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2009/10

Keep up the good work flogging the dolphin at home on a saturday night you wanker - it suits you.

Royals at PCOV this weekend, should be a tough one on the grass. Royals 1 - PCOV 0

My Prediction:

Soccer mom is going to blow the entire Tsawassen Div II team after they play PCOV on the weekend....If they win, he'll even let the man of the match stick it in his ass!!!

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's classy. I guess this what you call 'banter'. I don't know maybe there is a line, maybe there isn't. But how about we raise the class level here? Or that to much to ask?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

looking forward to it as it is on the turf and not the shocking Jericho park. That place will be a 'leveller' in the winter that's for sure.

Other than the prickle bushes that makes the ball going out of bounds annoying, can you tell me what's wrong with the actual pitch? From my experience it's a good GRASS pitch and drains extremely well. So pls explain how it will be a "leveller" in the winter? Pls explain how soccer played on grass is inferior to turf...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jericho absolutely does not drain well. It turns into a bog in the rainy season.

Anyway, I guess PG Rangers must have won since bandcamp is posting, and we all know bandcamponlypostswhenhewins :wa:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jericho absolutely does not drain well. It turns into a bog in the rainy season.

Anyway, I guess PG Rangers must have won since bandcamp is posting, and we all know bandcamponlypostswhenhewins :wa:

Nice shot :) A tidy little 2-1 victory thanks.

As for Jericho...I know the rugby pitch beside us swamps in the southeast corner but the soccer pitch drains really well from my recollection. Since we are the first men's team (us and DPR) to ever play on this pitch this year (it has been a PG youth pitch) then do you have personal experience with it flooding? Serious question as that goes against what I understood.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

did u just piss on yourself? Lower east side? WTF?

East Richmond, not East Van. Big difference.....
More turbans, less mullets.......
More tractors, less Irocs.......
More berries, less cappuccinos........

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp,

Compared to our usual shared-home pitch, Trimble, I think Jericho will be better. The east side of the pitch is quite bumpy and bereft of a full head of hair, but what field in Div 2 is perfect? Hard to say how it will drain, but with the bog right next to it there is the potential to get muddy, but then again we have never played there before and will go with your experience and only start complaining if/when it does bog down...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well from my experience down there it drains extremely well...unless it has changed recently. Maybe Dezza has better info...

Regardless, this all started because someone called it a 'leveler' of a pitch and I find that comical. They actually preferred turf...so I'l take his comments with that in mind.

I can see taking turf over grass if the grass pitch is terrible, or even below average, but Jericho is a pretty good pitch. Considering only DPR and PGR play on it as the PG youth are all up at Warren at UBC now it won't see much wear.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair I haven't played there since youth either. I don't know if they added in some drainage since, but I do recall many sloppy games there over the years.

In general in Vancouver proper I do prefer turf to grass. The only good grass pitches left that I can think of are Hastings, Adanac, and Memorial. (and maybe Jericho if we are to believe bandy-camp)

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest Bandcamp, who wouldn't prefer turf over grass? Anyway, it's not comical, it was just an opinion that when the pitch is rubbish and the wind blowing, then it becomes a 'leveller'. I wouldn't get upset about calling it that. It is rare to find a decent pitch in Div 2 so we all get on with it and try to play well. then when we get to play on a nice turf field it feels good. No biggie.

But am I missing the point? Does it hold some good memories or something and you don't like anyone saying bad things about it?? If so I'm sorry for offending with my comical remark. Peace dude.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf over grass? That's blasphemy! Grass over turf any day of the week please! Albeit a shiite grass field like Kensington South may not be ideal, but I would rather play on grass any day of the week!

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest Bandcamp, who wouldn't prefer turf over grass? Anyway, it's not comical, it was just an opinion that when the pitch is rubbish and the wind blowing, then it becomes a 'leveller'. I wouldn't get upset about calling it that. It is rare to find a decent pitch in Div 2 so we all get on with it and try to play well. then when we get to play on a nice turf field it feels good. No biggie.

But am I missing the point? Does it hold some good memories or something and you don't like anyone saying bad things about it?? If so I'm sorry for offending with my comical remark. Peace dude.

You get what you pay for. Pay the extra buck get the Turf field. It's not a freaking lottery, regardless of which Div. you play in.
We are from east van playing in Point Grey drinking at the funking Cheshire blowing Cheese....hate Kerrisdale, love the Turf though.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest Bandcamp, who wouldn't prefer turf over grass? Anyway, it's not comical, it was just an opinion that when the pitch is rubbish and the wind blowing, then it becomes a 'leveller'.

No Villa, it is comical. Grass over turf all day long and the fact you think opposite tells me all I need to know. The leveler comment I would agree with if our pitch was poor - which it's not. It's actually a pretty good surface. And there's wind everywhere dude, not just at Jericho :)

Bandcamp posts win lose or draw...3-2 loss btw Dezza.

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe i just enjoy a slick passing game and this level, playing on turf encourages that. Dont get me wrong, i much prefer grass. Its natural and easier on the body. I just think the pitches here aren't of a great standard. But whatever, its the same for everyone so lets enjoy it. Again, im sorry for calling the pitch a bad name. Not sure what that tells you by calling it that. You go ahead and think about it though...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HNK Vatreni 3- GN-K 2
We go up 2-0 after about 20 mins. They have a couple good chances to get back into it, then we have some good chances to put it out of reach, but still 2-0 until the 45th minute. Our hot-head GK takes a useless and deliberate PK on a non-threatening ball and they score to make it 2-1 at the half. We make 3 questionable subs at the half, they pour on the pressure and score 2 more to win 3-2. The second time this year we've had a 2-1 lead and were tied/beat cuz of poor coaching decisions, I think.

Personally, I thought HNK would be much better. They have a couple skilled players and some decently-skilled grinders, but lacked team speed. I was expecting a much better side, maybe they were missing some key players? maybe they had an 'off day?' That being said, they took it to us and exposed our poor marking and came away with the win. I think we beat ourselves by giving away the PK and the momentum.

The ref was shite both ways. Our GK should've received his second yellow and another PK in the second half. Too much whining and bitching by both teams at the ref and to teammates. Disgraceful, to be honest. But the ref should have set the tone early and given out cards for dissent and directly swearing at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0