Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed, yomama, the first goal i take resposibility for, the other two were weak, we played well and i think we deserved to win, although I do give a lot of respect to the Nomads for not giving up, they gave us hard time and gave me a heart attack almost. I would have shot my self if we lost a game that we should have won 6:3. anyways next week we will be better and I think we will buckle up in the D.

I still say it with pride...... CHOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

oh and the Unicorns beat B united 5:2, how ever it should have been closer I hear, plus b united had only 9 or 10 guys i think.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Second half was sloppy and a comedy of errors on the part of NK as we scored an own goal (with no Nomads even near the net) and then late in the game a weak back pass to our keeper was easily grabbed by a Nomad forward who slotted the gift home.
Thanks for your second half freak show. My earlier scoreline prediction for your game was dead on!!! :p

Now let me get back to filling out the missing persons report for the JimBeam squad in our game yesterday..... :(

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kosovo 7-0 Real McDonald

A very sloppy Kosovo won but now the tough ones start coming along.

Anyway on to BFC at the beautiful David Lam if the weather is good

Good job NK who scored the own one?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 3 PCOV 1

Tough conditions today in the rain - we'll take the win and focus on next week.
I watched the first half of this one, and since it was 2-0 and pissing rain at half, I went somewhere warm. I'd have expected it to end closer to 4 or 5-0, considering the way things were going in the first half. I guess torrential rain is the great equalizer :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right there Oggy. I'll admit they were the better team in the first half but if you saw both their goals they came off bad and I mean bad clearances right to their players who were about 10 yards out both times. The main difference today was that any good scoring chance they got and they burried. We came out better in the second but the damage was done. Were you the guy that showed up to the game about 5 mins in with the orangy hair and asked me what the score was?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Were you the guy that showed up to the game about 5 mins in with the orangy hair and asked me what the score was?
Yep, that was me. I happened to have a bit of time to kill in that part of town, and wanted to see how Punjab would fare in the rough weather. They certainly weren't able to play their game as they would normally like, but it'll be a hell of a task for any team to take points off them, regardless of the conditions. Their gigantic sweeper is probably the best player that size I've seen. Usually people that big are slow, uncoordinated, or both, but he is really solid back there.
I was surprised to see that you guys tied Zawisza on the opening weekend, since you seemed to be quite a bit better than the team we played on Saturday.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lot's of new guys on the team Oggy, myself included. Obviously we are not happy with the results so far. We'll get better as the season goes on and I still think SPH can be beaten. Anyways we'll be seeing you guys in a few weeks I see. Until then good luck.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Their gigantic sweeper is probably the best player that size I've seen. Usually people that big are slow, uncoordinated, or both, but he is really solid back there.

Oggy - he's been great for us this season in the back. The best way to describe this game is that the weather took us away from our game but we were still able to get the win. It's a nice feeling to know that we can still muck through a game against a contender in our division and still come out with the win. We are also definitely looking forward to getting back a few guys from injuries and other commitments.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
I still think SPH can be beaten. Anyways we'll be seeing you guys in a few weeks I see. Until then good luck.
Any team that beats them will have to bring their A game, and also beat them at home. I see the league changed some of Punjab's home game times to something a bit more reasonable, since playing in New West at 7pm on a Friday is a ridiculous home advantage. Hopefully we'll be able to do a bit better when we meet them at David Lam in a few weeks.
Good luck against the Semen next week. They got their first point against Sandzak today and will be feeling confident.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
We are also definitely looking forward to getting back a few guys from injuries and other commitments.
I was wondering what happened to the quick little strikers that were running us ragged in the first match. I didn't see them out today (or against the C-Men, for that matter).

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erion said:
Good job NK who scored the own one?
I'm pretty sure Scott kicked it off Nelson and into the net, or vice versa. NK was in the process of pulling away and decided to keep things interesting instead. Funny game. Another several-goal blowout should have been in store, not to take anything away from the Nomads who kept battling (when they weren't busy scoring yellow cards).

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah eh! nomads got like 5 yeallows and one red, prolly the most cards i've seen in a game in the last 3 years!

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best..........

Sorry, but it was my dog--among others--digging up my (YFC's) beloved home field: David Lam. But we live in Dublin now, so he pees, regularly, at Lansdowne or St. Stephen's Green.............by the way, well done Yaletown in your thrashing of Zcximxxza or whatever they're called!

LONG LIVE YFC! (Hi Oggy..)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
keane16 said:
Georgie's Best..........

Sorry, but it was my dog--among others--digging up my (YFC's) beloved home field: David Lam. But we live in Dublin now, so he pees, regularly, at Lansdowne or St. Stephen's Green.............by the way, well done Yaletown in your thrashing of Zcximxxza or whatever they're called!

LONG LIVE YFC! (Hi Oggy..)
That normally peeees me off about the dogs but in your case with a tag like Keane16 I have to give you a weeee break. Long live the Keane!!

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men 1 Sandzak 1

First point of the season for us but really should have been 3. We had a good goal called offside, a non-call on an obvious trip inside the 18, two missed breakaways, etc.,etc. Ugly conditions in the rain at Kensington but we still managed to keep majority of possession against a bigger but slower side. Didn't want the tie most of all because it makes Georgie's Best look smart :rolleyes:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Georgie's Best said:
Next weeks games like this for 2 C

BFC over Roos

Yaletown over Zawisza
(this could be a draw. Zaw is a big team and can trouble but
Kosova belted them so I don't know what was up there)

Kosova over Real McDonald

Porutgese Club lose to SPH

FC SandZak tie with C Men.
the 5th back said:
Didn't want the tie most of all because it makes Georgie's Best look smart :rolleyes:
YES nothing worse than con"trip"uting to another TTP'ers perfect prediction week.

SWEET!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
C-men 1 Sandzak 1

First point of the season for us but really should have been 3. We had a good goal called offside, a non-call on an obvious trip inside the 18, two missed breakaways, etc.,etc. Ugly conditions in the rain at Kensington but we still managed to keep majority of possession against a bigger but slower side. Didn't want the tie most of all because it makes Georgie's Best look smart :rolleyes:
Just another reason to drink really. My predictions were done under severely brave drunkenness.

DevilsDisciple

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to say the JB's were pretenders. That must have been their "B" team, because if that was their "A" team they better go back to the drawing board. Their goal was an own goal, and the scoreline was 6-1 at half. For the second half our coach told us to play posession and no more than two touches or he would pull us.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to TTP and nice pisstake for which I have no comeback other than to TTp myself and my team with, this weeks practice will consist of remedial studies....

Anyways, the season is 18 games long and I am quite sure the second match will be more tightly contested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0