Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What will you be studying exactly? Hopefully its got a title something along the lines of How Not To Lose a Soccer Match 6-1. Christ, the world's gone all topsy-turvy. Therapist and Socceroos have both posted sober, NKH are undefeated, people are being friendly in here and worst of all, I recently heard that Liberace is gay!! What's next, The Watcher gets laid!?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it will be more of a seminar. We have put together a panel of speakers including Tony Robins, Dr Phil and Maury Povich. We have invited the Socceroos and NKH as rumor has it that there is a train that may have some mechanical difficulties after a near loss on the weekend. The Socceroos, well perhaps Mr Robins can get them going. For the Beam, we have an appearance lined up with the Wizard of Oz to set the house in order. You might as well come along too Dap, I am sure we can get Oprah to make a showing and you can do the "Book Club" thing before getting into your identity issues...Fcuking Potatohead Sticking Your Nose Into Everything!!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
What will you be studying exactly? Hopefully its got a title something along the lines of How Not To Lose a Soccer Match 6-1. Christ, the world's gone all topsy-turvy. Therapist and Socceroos have both posted sober, NKH are undefeated, people are being friendly in here and worst of all, I recently heard that Liberace is gay!! What's next, The Watcher gets laid!?
Speaking of the Roos. Peta......what went wrong..........no one I mean no lets Bombastic score 7. I cna understand 6 but come on we are not that offensively talented. Things are all wrong in Roo Land right now.

Go to the seminar.

I think the game was over after 45 seconds when the 1st one went in!!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd love to come along to your tea-party Bonefish but I have other commitments that week. The Queen and I are to have a big discussion on who needs more practice, The JB's, Real McDonald, the English national team or Yomama practicing his kissing by making out with his pillow so his girlfriend won't leave him for another girl (i.e. Termatofylakas).

I wonder what the odds are that the JB's and RFC will tie this weekend? C'mon, It's getting a little ridiculous guys. For the love of god, if the score is even near the end of the game someone just thrash it in their own net. Please.

Looking at the schedule it looks like this weekend's 2B game of the week is likely the Primos/Green Devils matchup. Should be interesting to see how it pans out. I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts, predictions, ruminations or drugs.

Group 2C's most interesting match (at least on paper, er, computer) is Bombastic and Kosova. Doesn't Erion play for Kosova? And Georgie Peorgie is a bombastician (not to be confused with esthetician although very similar mind you)? Any thoughts guys?

Group 2A? No one talks about this group. Its almost like its a black hole from which no light, sound or soccer scores can escape. Hello, Rikashay where are you? Follow the light, man. What is happening with your supermerger? EW's former centreback eat all the pies along with your typing hands or what?

Let's have some predictions and not the usual hockey-player interview type please. I already know you all have to work hard, play as a team and just keep your noses to the grindstone.

Roy Keane

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the green devils play on Saturday, they were class in the first half the way they moved the ball around it was just so quick. They are a very stirdy team. I think they have two Irish guys playing the are both ausome. I reckon they will walk this league. Any views on that!!!

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears to me that NK, Devils and Primo are the sides to beat in this group. Hard to tell who will end up on top as they haven't played all the same teams yet. Obviouosly, NK and Devils have started the season better than Primo as they have much better goal differentials. Definitely, Devils vs. Primo will be the game of the week. I will give predictions later in the week as always, but any one else have a thought yet? I think the NK players will have something to say about Roy Keane's prediction of a Devils walk to the championship. It will be fun to see what happens???????????

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos and the Greens should be a good match. I would think that the Primos would be the favorite on paper b/c they've been together longer. While the Greens apparently are a first year breakaway team. Haven't seen these teams play, but I'll take a stab and say Greens over the Primos 3-2 on a 78th min header off of a corner.

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Nk wins again but not without a few coaching errors.

Having a 4-1 lead means game over unless 2 penalties are missed.
Now if you miss a penalty once take it agian......if ur 10 in house leauge this is a mens league u miss too bad.

Not to say that its the shooters fault its the coach in order to win u must ahve the drive.
That aside the game well wasn't the greatest Nk shows the have a lack of conviction and to me that spells trouble.

The team played well goalie gets a 6 cause he chats when it aint his fault but falls silent when everyone knows its his, defence 8 played well with a mental breakdown that cost an imediate goal, mid well didnt see it really too much movin of players- not what could have been had players been healthy and in the right spots 6, forwards 6 although goals produced in the end only one better than a team with 10 men.

So let slowmotion slow it down 4 you, Nk is for real. Sure one bad week but lets hope coachin smartens up and people wake up. :wa:

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now if you miss a penalty once take it agian......if ur 10 in house leauge this is a mens league u miss too bad.
There was no right thing to do under those circumstances, I think. Rejecting him 'on principle' isn't necessary considering his competence otherwise, him having won both penalties himself, redemption, and possible problems from embarrassing him. Instead, he embarrassed himself. Oh well. It ended up being more serious than everyone thought, but the real flaws remain in why the Nomads made it so close to begin with, right?

I'll mock and criticize Marco at every opportunity, but I don't see a problem here.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First, the Nomads didn't make anything close. . .they were down to 9 men and picked their tempo up while NK sat on their lead. Mind you, had we potted the two penalty shots that would have broken their spirits and an NK rout would have resulted. The result was a much needed wake up call for NK. Just last week I was commenting on the need for closer games to build character.

Second, come on Potato, I've gone all the way to third base with a pillow.

Third, I would like to see a Primo-GD tie, but I think the Green Devils will get the win. Low scoring either way.

NK over Westside.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh no Marco!!!!!!!!!!
I guess its the Watchers fault for walking him through the steps to get on here to READ...............not post. Oh well I guess there is going to be some head scratching trying to decode his diatribes.

WestsideWannabeesWinceWhileCarnivorousCroatsCleanhouseComplete&Carefree

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i say the two missed penalties were the main difference in this game, but what can I say it happens, he is a good player and i would let him take them again or just let me take them :D i don't usually miss i can show u guys at practice :p . I feel that this weak win will give us a sumtin to play for, as a team we can score and I would not worry about our forwards, my feeling is that we need to tighten up defensively. defence it self is great, we just need to talk a bit more and all will be well. And for crying out loud don't let it rain again, i hate being cold!!!!!! I felt like i wuz 10lbs fatter. maybe i just should have had 2 shirts on under my jersey though :(

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ahh, no, we scored 'their' second goal, and then we 'passed' the ball to their striker for their third goal (a back pass should really reach the goalie, but I could be wrong on this)....and oh yeah, we missed two penalty shots. I think it is fair to say that we kept the score close...

:rolleyes:

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
^ seriously.

Yomama, I didn't realize it was semantics you were arguing. Don't be concerned if you think that I'm giving the Nomads too much credit. I know what happened.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anyone ever listen to me??? does no one care for what I feel? where is the love??? where is the love???? and we should have killed off nomads in the first 30 mins and we would have never had this conversations :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0