Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Who will win this epic encounter, the Kangas or the Realtors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamponlypostswhenhewins said:
I am Bandcamp's alter ego, his feminine and more sensitive side, desperately struggling to get out because Bandcamp is so obviously unhappy in life.

Bandcamp posts win or lose...we just win ALL THE TIME!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 1 Douglas Park 0

Terrible pitch to play on, West Pt. Grey. Soft and bumpy. Norvan carried the play and had plenty of chances. Blame it on the pitch, it wasn't pretty but 3 points is 3 points.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 5-0 Semen

Two words: semen implosion. Not pretty. Three men sent off for hacking down our players well after play was dead. The players thrown out were all their skilled midfielders, which means they will be in a bit of trouble for the next couple of games. I still don't really understand what went on in their minds, since it really seemed like they'd given up and were just trying to get ejected. The Loudmouth Striker kept his cool, but had to take himself off near the end to preserve his sanity after they had already collapsed completely. Some heroics by Fletch in the Semen goal towards the end kept the scoreline down to five.
I guess it must be something about Yaletown. Six opposing players sent off in two games. The Semen were giving the ref a great deal of shite all game, but he was by far the best I've had in the league so far. He's a younger Swiss guy who actually keeps up with the play and knows the rules well. I don't think there can be any complaints, especially about the three red cards, since taking a swing at someone after the ball is long gone should get you a red every time. I really just don't understand what those players were thinking. :confused:
Oh well, three more in the bag for Yaletown, and at least we get to bask in the glory of second place for all of 24 hours now :wa:

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
[
As I mentioned before, they are a decent bunch of guys on the pitch and we didn't really have any major problems during play.
We've had two good hard games with Kosova, and I'm glad to hear that you guys get to stay in the league, do you have any more info on the evening's proceedings, Erion?[/QUOTE]

Thanks man for being glad and no i don't have anymore info because i wasn't there.All they asked for is our side of the story and they made their decision.Anyway back to soccer and hopefully each and everyone learned from this.Congrats on your win

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Yaletown 5-0 Semen

The Semen were giving the ref a great deal of shite all game, but he was by far the best I've had in the league so far. He's a younger Swiss guy who actually keeps up with the play and knows the rules well. I don't think there can be any complaints, especially about the three red cards, since taking a swing at someone after the ball is long gone should get you a red every time. :wa:

Are you kidding me? That ref was shite. You must be saying that because he bought your dive and awarded you guys a pk for your first goal. You didn't even have possession and you dropped like a sack of bricks - and what's more as you're hitting the ground you're looking back at the ref for the call. You're 40lbs. heavier than either defender on you and you go down that easy? Ya, that's great reffing!! :rolleyes: As for the red cards, what's wrong with giving a yellow? Isn't that what yellow cards are for - to warn the guy, and then if he does it again, send him off. It's not like you guys were squeaky clean the whole game - in fact, on the first red card your player had hacked ours prior to him getting the red. What's with the automatic reds? What the fcuk did he even have yellow cards with him for? Complete and utter crap, and by the way, nice dive, Louganis.

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Are you kidding me? That ref was shite. You must be saying that because he bought your dive and awarded you guys a pk for your first goal. You didn't even have possession and you dropped like a sack of bricks - and what's more as you're hitting the ground you're looking back at the ref for the call. You're 40lbs. heavier than either defender on you and you go down that easy? Ya, that's great reffing!! :rolleyes: As for the red cards, what's wrong with giving a yellow? Isn't that what yellow cards are for - to warn the guy, and then if he does it again, send him off. It's not like you guys were squeaky clean the whole game - in fact, on the first red card your player had hacked ours prior to him getting the red. What's with the automatic reds? What the fcuk did he even have yellow cards with him for? Complete and utter crap, and by the way, nice dive, Louganis.

(bandcamp's sensitive and more feminine alter ego)

Interesting! So Oggy and the Yaletowners are divers. Sure hope there aren't any refs hanging around TTP these days. That kind of reputation is hard to live down. ;)

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
WARNING: Drunken Rant ahead.

If you think you lost because I took a "dive", then a bit more introspection might be in order. Our left half gave me a great through ball, and your defenders may be small, but they took me down. Believe me, I'd much rather score a goal than let a teammate take a penalty, and NEVER go down unless someone takes my legs out. period. The thing is, if you are 40 lbs. heavier than defenders, referees will never ever give you a call (believe me, I know), so diving is the most pointless thing you could possibly do. If someone tackles me well, and I go flying, I will give them full credit, as I did Fletch on a couple of great tackles near the end of the match. If, however, someone kicks my legs out from under me because they are too small/slow/shite to get the ball fairly, then I will naturally fall to the ground. We hammered you 5-0 not because I dove, not because the referee though we we sexier, not because you got unlucky, but because we outplayed you and your more talented midfielders went nuts and were rightly ejected. Period. It may well be that your inability to view events realistically and objectively is one of the major factors preventing your team from being second from bottom. Stop blaming unrelated factors and try thinking how YOU could improve YOUR game, and maybe you'll get a second notch in the win column before the season is over.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Working on Sunday rocks!!

Oggy said:
I NEVER go down unless someone takes my legs out. period.

Jeez Oggy, I feel sorry for whoever you're dating/married to. I guess you'll have to teach them how to slide tackle if they want some servicing.

Bandcamp,

Are you sure your wife should be posting on here? I mean you already seem feminine enough to me, you might want to monitor her internet time.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Working on Sunday rocks!!

Dapotayto said:
Jeez Oggy, I feel sorry for whoever you're dating/married to. I guess you'll have to teach them how to slide tackle if they want some servicing.
Nice, Dap. That made me laugh despite the fact that I'm "wearing the tight hat" this morning, as ze Germans like to say. :D

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
. If, however, someone kicks my legs out from under me because they are too small/slow/shite to get the ball fairly, then I will naturally fall to the ground. We hammered you 5-0

Yes, you sure did fall to the ground, I don't know how natural it was though. I didn't see what caused you to fall because I was the guy in front of you who had the ball and was in the process of taking it outside when the call was made. I didn't have to do anything illegal to get the ball either, despite being small/slow as you say. I simply stepped in front of you. That's what I found frustrating - you didn't even have possession of the ball. The guy behind you admitted afterwards to me that there was contact between him and you but said that it was very soft and I saw myself that you went down very easily. If he did kick you ( he must have done something for the ref to call it) then it was unnecessary because you were going nowhere on that play anyway.

I'm not saying we lost because of the pk. We were getting outplayed badly in the middle of the park, which as you say led to our players getting frustrated and taking stupid red cards. Having only 8 guys to finish the game is why we got hammered. Still think I'm being unrealistic?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Yes, you sure did fall to the ground, I don't know how natural it was though. I didn't see what caused you to fall because I was the guy in front of you who had the ball and was in the process of taking it outside when the call was made. I didn't have to do anything illegal to get the ball either, despite being small/slow as you say. I simply stepped in front of you. That's what I found frustrating - you didn't even have possession of the ball. The guy behind you admitted afterwards to me that there was contact between him and you but said that it was very soft and I saw myself that you went down very easily. If he did kick you ( he must have done something for the ref to call it) then it was unnecessary because you were going nowhere on that play anyway.
Sober now.
I don't know exactly what your player did to me, either, but I assume he knocked one of my legs behind the other as I was running. That doesn't take much force, but it brought me down hard. Fletch took me down really hard a couple of times late in the second half, but those were completely fair challenges where he got the ball first. On the penalty, though, even if your guy didn't mean to do it, which I doubt he did since your back line are not dirty players, unfortunately he clipped my leg and knocked me over.
In any case, I have to say that our team was extremely impressed with how hard you guys fought even after going down to eight men, and you still managed to create a couple of chances. It's unfortunate that your midfielders decided to do what they did, since it just hurts the team in the long run.
Well, I'm off to see MacDonald and the Socceroos. Should be good comedy. :D

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"B" United takes one look at the NK side and forfeits under the pressure....

....or they were short players, I can't remember

3-0 is it? Hopefully results like this don't cost us if placing comes down to goal difference. They're the type of team that you rack up the + against

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CheShouldHeBeWhite said:
"B" United takes one look at the NK side and forfeits under the pressure....

....or they were short players, I can't remember

3-0 is it? Hopefully results like this don't cost us if placing comes down to goal difference. They're the type of team that you rack up the + against
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think forfeits are usually 1-0. Goal difference doesn't matter for promotion, though, since the top two teams have to have a playoff if they are even on points.
Socceroos 3-0 MacDonald
MacDonald were the better side for the first 45 and absolutely dominated the midfield. Unfortunately, they are absolutely incompetent in front of net and gave away a slew of great chances, including a penalty miss. MacDonald's lack of a keeper also hurt them again, as the first Socceroos goal was a fluky miskick from the top of the box. The ball went a good thirty yards straight up but had some wicked spin, and the keeper couldn't stop it from falling in the far corner. The second goal was a well taken free kick that struck the underside of the bar, but again the keeper wasn't able to hold on to it and the Socceroos strikers just steamrolled it in. Socceroos were mainly dangerous on the counterattack, but the fact that the league's most overweight front line was dangerous on the counter says a lot about MacDonald's defending :rolleyes:
MacDonald were able to put some nice passes together in the middle and created some great chances, but they need to sort out their goalkeeping and finishing if they want to get that elusive first win. Socceroos took complete advantage of MacDonald's mistakes and finished well, but their gameplan is just to hoof it upfield and hope the other team fcuks it up and gifts them a chance. Not pretty, but it seems to work against MacDonald, the Semen, and Zawisza, at least.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
. Socceroos were mainly dangerous on the counterattack, but the fact that the league's most overweight front line was dangerous on the counter says a lot about MacDonald's defending :rolleyes:
MacDonald were able to put some nice passes together in the middle and created some great chances, but they need to sort out their goalkeeping and finishing if they want to get that elusive first win. Socceroos took complete advantage of MacDonald's mistakes and finished well, but their gameplan is just to hoof it upfield and hope the other team fcuks it up and gifts them a chance. Not pretty, but it seems to work against MacDonald, the Semen, and Zawisza, at least.

..sticks n' stones....children, children!!! No need to make fatty jokes at our strikers expense....did they not score some big fat goals? If I remember correctly ,you are that scrawny creature with the questionable haircut and sexuality. I did predict the 3-0 win ,... and never mind the fact that we had NO subs and a female ref who had more facial hair than our chubby fwds !!! But I will still look fwd to playing Yaletown very soon...get ready as we whip out our FAT KOCKS and steamroll you latte lovin' bia-tches.. Go Roos

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
WARNING: Drunken Rant ahead.

We hammered you 5-0 not because I dove, not because the referee though we we sexier,

I hope not! That would go to the defender on Sandtraps FC who was constantly being referred to as, "Sexy, by his teammates during the game.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
machel said:
ambleside has grass and turf fields dude.

I'm enjoying the race in the standings in 2b, I shoulda stuck around for the battle this year. haha. good luck everyone.

Good to see that you and your team are doing so well..

7 Westside Rino "A" GP-10 W-1 T-0 L-9 GF-7 GA-25 PTS-3

BTW: How are the splinters? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0