Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

Keeper said:
Actually, I was told by a certain JB-insider that they lost their speed years ago. :D

You can add Dr. J and the Texas Rattler to that list going over to 2C as well. It'll be nice to see some classic Knights/C-Men muck-fests at McBride next year.

Pics from Knights/JB's coming later tonight.....
I didn't even notice that the Knights had passed the Nomads in the standings. 2C should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Which, as we all know, is a hell of a lot of fun.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oggy said:
Veeeeeery tempted to go watch the Signmaster/Burnaby brawl next weekend...
But not tempted enough to drive to fcuking Coquitlam. I guess I'll just follow the live play-by-play gamecast on the VMSL site.:(

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Devil Himself said:
YFC doesnt get the respect you guys deserve. When more teams play you guys next season there in for a shock. The perception this year was that 2C was weaker than the other divisions, this was only perpetuated with SPJ being dominant and Macdonald still being a relatively new team.
QUOTE]

YFC never got any credit this year and neither did our whole Div. 2C side. There were some decent teams in this side. Kosova, if they had any sort of discipline (oh ya, whatever happened to that Erion guy?), could have done better. They competed with us for promo until that last game in December when we spanked them. Bombastic has also improved from last year as well. The only team that didn't live up to expectations was probably PCOV. Prior to the season many put us and PCOV as the two teams to compete for promo. That prediction was proven wrong in October. And theres YFC of course who have team discipline and have improved a great deal from last year.
I know its early but YFC, JB's (if they train in the summer), and the Green Devils should be the top 3 in this division next year

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
Is that a merger that I see between the lines?Taj, The Devil Himself?

I think Vince McMahon said it right when he said, 'no chance in hell.' The Devil is obviously confused as to whom I play for, so no, we won't be joining you guys in 2C.
What happens to us is still up on the air. We had a meeting after our last game and decided that we do want to keep things together, only if we have a solid group of committed players. This year, we only had 14 guys to draw from, after work/illness/injury took the remaining 6 guys out for the season. With only 3 possible subs, different work/school schedules and injuries, we barely had enough to field a team and had to default several games this season or play with 8-9 guys.
We'll know by mid summer whether we're back or not. It can only go two ways: back with a vengence and compete for promo, or pack it in and go our separate ways.
Stay tuned for the latest.............

TS

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just looking at the 2B standings and am I correct in seeing that NK has to win their last game against Douglas Park to actually get promoted? If so...why all the congratulations in this thread (including me)?

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

TS said:
The Devil is obviously confused as to whom I play for, so no, we won't be joining you guys in 2C.

TS

TS.....I was referring to TSR (Texas Rattler), not Richmond moving to 2C next season.

Although we are looking for some key players for summer league and then into winter season, I dont think merging is our preference either at this time...But with that being said, some major changes have to be made if we want to be a contender for promo in the fall.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We need to win or (if the league looks at head to head records)tie in order to be promoted. We still may be in Div. 2 next year, but we'll try to eliminate any chance of that this Friday night. I guess people are looking at the Douglas Park record against ours and assuming a favorable result for NK. I'd rather settle it on the pitch.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wonder if the league will make Douglas Park play the last game against Hrvatska or let them gain automatic promotion by virtue of two walkovers to end the season. Of course D.Park would be removed from the league for their actions. As previously stated, I would rather get creamed with the minimum than D.Q. One has to wonder how Primos feel about the Douglas Park quitters. I know that I would not want to lose or win in this manner. Hopefully, Thomas and friends will be afforded the dignity of winning the division on merit. As Yomama has stated, it would be much more desirable to settle this on the pitch. As concerns the Knights, the J.B.s matchup took on a very anticlimactic feeling with both sides looking disinterested in winning. Although I never actually saw much of the the first half,( time change ?), I hear that things went well for the Knights. Up two only to see Beam come back with an excellent second half despite being shorthanded. A missed counterattack breakaway and a rather hilarious attempt at a diving header off of a free kick that actually fell at the striker's feet left the Knights needing at least a tie against B United to be able to follow the cool kids over to 2C. Thankfully our all time leading scorer didn't scuff his nose in the process of trapping the ball on the ground with his head. Nice to know that Bonefish can actually finish well when required. Too bad it was against us...
It looks like it is time to take this discussion to the cup section. Let us all hope for good pitches and great reffing.....

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
Just looking at the 2B standings and am I correct in seeing that NK has to win their last game against Douglas Park to actually get promoted? If so...why all the congratulations in this thread (including me)?

Good point. By the way, I forgot to congratulate you on your 4th place finish. Hang on. My mistake. You can still make 3rd.:rolleyes:

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yomama! said:
We need to win or (if the league looks at head to head records)tie in order to be promoted. We still may be in Div. 2 next year, but we'll try to eliminate any chance of that this Friday night. I guess people are looking at the Douglas Park record against ours and assuming a favorable result for NK. I'd rather settle it on the pitch.

The Power Rangers prob won't show and if they do, I hope you guys rape them on the field. Any team that defaults are a bunch of piss-heads in my mind. Is there anybody from DPR on here to explain why they didn't show. Especially when they defaulted against B-United and they had 2 chances to play the roll of spoiler against the Skytrain team. Anyhow congrats and maybe we'll both be placed in the same group in Div.1 next year. Anybody know how they decide which promoted team is placed into which group in Div.1?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamponlypostswhenhewins said:
Good point. By the way, I forgot to congratulate you on your 4th place finish. Hang on. My mistake. You can still make 3rd.:rolleyes:

Thank you. Third is about right I think considering our season. If we ever got serious we'd win the thing and who needs that really?

As for the NK congrats - i definitely take it all back! How the hell do congratulations go around in here when they haven't even sewn the thing up? I am to blame as I jumped on under the assumption that when congrats go around it means they've actually won something! They'll probably win but that's why they play the games...we lost to the worst teams in our division this year and they are TERRIBLE!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
As for the NK congrats - i definitely take it all back! How the hell do congratulations go around in here when they haven't even sewn the thing up? I am to blame as I jumped on under the assumption that when congrats go around it means they've actually won something!
Ditto! Who started it all? Bastards. :p

DevilsDisciple

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

To all the NK'rs out and about, looks like your coach is actively looking for players for next year. Your coach gave me a call a few days ago promising me a position on his team and would like to thank him and will keep in mind but, and I quote " I only have 2 or 3 real Division 1 players and need to weed out the old guys" Not sure that I want to play for a team with a coach that is trying to axe guys that got him into Div 1. and was trying to steal a football after the game.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March-April, 2006

Their coach just likes to hear himself talk.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If he wasn't trying to recruit you over the phone you would have received the added bonus of his pattented player wooing technique........a tongue to the the bumhole. hahahahahah

Without the experienced players there would be no promotion. Respecting the veterans is a constant battle for the NK sideline legend. However without our youth there would be no future. And nobody can argue with his winning pertcentage as NK coach/manager over the last calender year.

This constant idealocical battle between veterans/chemistry and youth/energy is the coal being shovelled in to the locomotives engine right now and if the balance tilts to far to one side it will negatively affect the trains momentum. Here is to everything staying as is for at least one more year with a few additions permissable. Either that or a second team of some sort, preferrably on the youth or CAT side.
PS......Marko Brkic is the hands down winner for manager of the year.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

watcher said:
Marko Brkic is the hands down winner for manager of the year.

Imagine how good the talented teams in Div 2 would be with a coach/manager! Without having one of the fellas running the show promotion would be a breeze. Why is it so hard for NK...with a 'National Level Coach'?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why so tough?
Simple....It's all the diamonds in the ruff. The weekend warriors. The different ethnicities. The might bees, could have beens, should bees and a sprinkling of never will bees and utter trash that makes VMSL Div Two the most interesting soccer league going. There are old ones, young ones, fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones and short ones. A veritable potporri. A plethora of peoples............... There is however only one BANDCAMP!!!!!!!
PS...Why the sour grapes? Has Marco not tried to recruit you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0