Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2/3/CAT CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
images.jpeg
Club America 1 - Campo Atletico 6
In many aspects, this was "El clásico Sudamericano" of the VMSL. Campo Atletico showed unequivocally who was the top dog. The game was 6-0 until the last few minutes of the game when they managed to score a nice goal. Plenty of hard tackles and intensive interactions on the sidelines.

America lost to Rino 0-1 and 3-5, so this confirms that Campo, GN, and Norman are stronger than Rino.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4 - Campo Libre A 0
This was a disappointing game for us. We had high expectations for this team given who they were playing. However, 5 injuries and 2 people on vacation meant that the team had to play with 10 men most of the game.Some of the missing players were the core of the team. Surrey scored 3 goals on corner kicks. They deserved to win and were very superior.

Surrey is a young and tough team. However, I do not see them going to the end of competition. Once they encounter the most experienced teams of division 2, they will be outplayed. Kind of weird to have mothers and fathers watching the game, but I guess many of the players still leave at home or have helicopter parents.

Westside 5 - Campo Libre B 0
This game was very difficult for our guys. We knew that we were playing a vastly superior team. Westside is always well coached and has good technical players. Sometimes we have managed to upset them, but not this time. The whole game was an exercise in defence

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE="Burnaby Athletic should go far in competition.

@Soccer Coach, are you predicting your own loss? I see your next match is against them. Should be good![/QUOTE]

I quite respect the play of Burnaby Atletic. I really enjoyed seeing them play. In my view, they have many talented players who display good treatment of the ball and create clever plays.

Of course, I want Campo Atletico to win and we will prepare accordingly, but in a humble way I see Burnaby Atletic as the favourite.

Remember that we tied Norvan 0-0 and that Burnaby Atletic dismantled Norman 0-0. Thus, I see that Burnaby is the team to beat in the Cup. If the other teams would be smart, they would be cheering for us. Eliminating Burnaby Atletic will make the cup easier for them.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 13090
Club America 1 - Campo Atletico 6
In many aspects, this was "El clásico Sudamericano" of the VMSL. Campo Atletico showed unequivocally who was the top dog. The game was 6-0 until the last few minutes of the game when they managed to score a nice goal. Plenty of hard tackles and intensive interactions on the sidelines.

America lost to Rino 0-1 and 3-5, so this confirms that Campo, GN, and Norman are stronger than Rino.

It confirms nothing, other than the fact that you are making poor use of transitive inference. If you want to debate who the strongest team is why don't you post an update of your "Campo Rankings"?

Seeing as you weren't even at this game (were you too busy leading the Libre to a 5-0 defeat?), I will point out that America were missing their two top attackers. One actually was at the game, but arrived just before kickoff and as a result was relegated to the bench. I don't think they would have changed the final outcome, but missing them certainly stunted America's offense.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
... actually... yes.. Campo has managed to displace Rino on the rankings...
oh so let me put this straight. America was losing 6-0 and they relegated their top player to the bench?
Why is it so hard for you to accept that Campo has improved?

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I quite respect the play of Burnaby Atletic. I really enjoyed seeing them play. In my view, they have many talented players who display good treatment of the ball and create clever plays.

Of course, I want Campo Atletico to win and we will prepare accordingly, but in a humble way I see Burnaby Atletic as the favourite.

Oooooh, the tension!

Is that UBC and former Whitecaps player Navid Mashinchi I see there on the bottom-left?

True Lies

Nov 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Campo Club America match on Sunday.... America have some good talent but are disorganized and spend far too much time bitching at each other. Campo scored 6 quality goals. To me it seemed like a pretty clean game. Lots of talent and speed in attack. Will be interesting to see how far they can advance in the cup.

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Campo Club America match on Sunday.... America have some good talent but are disorganized and spend far too much time bitching at each other. Campo scored 6 quality goals. To me it seemed like a pretty clean game. Lots of talent and speed in attack. Will be interesting to see how far they can advance in the cup.

glad you got to see Campo in action before they start charging admission

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok enough is enough. 6 quality goals!!?? I saw the first 2 and they were both gifts by America. One a penalty from a bumbling tackle on a player in a non-threatening position and on the 2nd, the center back literally handed the ball to the striker inside the penalty area. America was definitely missing some guys, and there was a total meltdown between their insane coach and one player, complete with the coach screaming at a player to remove this jersey and the player yelling "Nobody respects you". Absolutely disgraceful to see that at any level of soccer - and not an isolated incident. There were kids walking by the field when it happened too. If those involved are reading this, give your head a shake.

As for Campo, probably not fair to judge based on the 1 half that I saw, but they seemed quite content playing the long ball over the top, but you cant really blame them given the feeble push back that America had on the day.

True Lies

Nov 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok enough is enough. 6 quality goals!!?? I saw the first 2 and they were both gifts by America. One a penalty from a bumbling tackle on a player in a non-threatening position and on the 2nd, the center back literally handed the ball to the striker inside the penalty area. America was definitely missing some guys, and there was a total meltdown between their insane coach and one player, complete with the coach screaming at a player to remove this jersey and the player yelling "Nobody respects you". Absolutely disgraceful to see that at any level of soccer - and not an isolated incident. There were kids walking by the field when it happened too. If those involved are reading this, give your head a shake.

As for Campo, probably not fair to judge based on the 1 half that I saw, but they seemed quite content playing the long ball over the top, but you cant really blame them given the feeble push back that America had on the day.

Agreed I actually missed the first two goals... I could not believe the America coach... Felt sorry for some of their younger players and for their #9 who asked many times to come off and obviously had a muscle pull of some sort..

Goals 4 and 5 were top notch....

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
SD Rangers 2 VAFC Celtic 1

They scored in the first half, we scored in the second half. 7 rounds of penalties in, they score on theirs and ours gets saved. Bhoys were disappointed but not gutted with the result, as there were chances to put this away that weren't capitalized upon.

Good game out in the middle of nowhere (Dugald Morrison in Ladner), although the ref was a bit lost on many of his rather speculative offside calls against our forwards. Definitely a situation where having ARs would have helped - we hit a large number of through balls for our forwards to run onto over their back line, but the ref wasn't able to track both where the balls were being kicked from and where the forwards were tagging up to run onto them from, so he just blew down everything that looked like a breakaway, legit or otherwise. Oh well...

On to the summer season (still feels a bit weird saying that in February).
As a footy fan and someone who lives within walking distance, I got to watch this. Not sure about the "middle of nowhere" comment as the field is directly beside the Delta Municipality building/Delta Hospital.

Your post pretty much sums up what happened in this game. One team played a game trying to lead into open space and the other tried to expose the height issue of the other team's keeper by shooting from distance. Overall the Celtic team didn't put their chances away in the PK's and the Rangers team escaped with a win.

I've watched games with this ref plenty of times, not surprised by the lack of intelligence on his part. He is way too timid to be refereeing in a Men's league.

SedinSedin

Feb 9, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach

Remember that we tied Norvan 0-0 and that Burnaby Atletic dismantled Norman 0-0. Thus, I see that Burnaby is the team to beat in the Cup. If the other teams would be smart, they would be cheering for us. Eliminating Burnaby Atletic will make the cup easier for them.[/QUOTE]

I've now noticed twice in this thread you referring to the "dismantling/demolishing" of Norvan by Burnaby. As someone who has watched Norvan a couple of times this year I'd just like to chirp in here.

It looked like a very different Norvan team to what I've seen through the season so I'm kinda guessing they had injuries to key players or they simply didn't give a fcuk about the cup.

That along with having what looked like one guy on the bench..

Oh and you forgot to mention they got a player sent off after like 20 minutes.

Get your facts straight and choose your words more wisely next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0