Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] 2006/7 PreSeason Rumor-Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March / April 2006

I'd like to know what the consensus is in Division 2 about linesmen. I know my team would rather chew and gnash on the beer can itself when losing a game from some crap offside call than sipping a cold one like we're playing backgammon in the afternoon sun. linesman at $40 each costs each player ~ $2.50 per game.... not even a pint unless you're a regular at the Cambie.................maybe some youth players want to make some extra bucks on the weekend....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our club is ifne with things the way they are re linesman. We have never had then in the past so why change it now. You know pretty early in a game if the ref is going to be looking favorable at the trap and you would be retarded to play it all the time if the ref's aren't helping you out a lot of the time. You need to not depend on the refs to win games so the offside trap can work but only used in moderation.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's hard enough just getting a ref out to games on time in Div 2 so adding 2 more bodies into the mix would make for an interesting scenario.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think back to some of the games over the past couple of years and I would want more quality than quantity and perhaps some player/coach feedback(that's actually worth something) system to help (get rid of those that don't) some of the referees put in a better performance. If the linesman were allow to be 2nd and 3rd officials and help with the calls other than offsides I would be into it but overall better consistent, quality refs is what is on my list. That and revised substitution rules that allow halftime period substitutions that do not count against the 5 currently allotted.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The half time sub issue has been discussed in the Knights camp for years. It seems that the older a squad gets, the more relevant the topic becomes. Obviously the Knights version of Harold Ballard and myself would support the issue. It would really serve to allow those that sit low in the depth chart to get some much needed minutes as well.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone got any info/gossip/trashtalk for us all? How are your teams looking? Mickster, you still playing? Bandcamp, you guys going for promotion? Green Devils, you guys around? What's happening out there?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont pretty much the same crew so we should be competitive but not a real promotion threat. Will get a couple of young guys from UBC Birds late cuts to add a bit of youth...but no major changes.

From what I can see it should be a pretty even division with no easy games...for once...but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
I heard Mickster is pregnant.

One would never know 'til it actually fell out.:)

Let's have a JB update, yeah, no? Bonefish is quite the gossip perhaps he can give us some info on the other teams as well.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Anyone got any info/gossip/trashtalk for us all? How are your teams looking? Mickster, you still playing? Bandcamp, you guys going for promotion? Green Devils, you guys around? What's happening out there?

C-men have undergone some changes this year with most of our guys moving to over 35. Five or six of us remain from last year's team and we've added several new players-should be much more competitive. Don't see to many easy games on the schedule though, but after last season, we're used to being in tough. I think that some more of the Nomads have wandered over to the Green Devils. That's about the only gossip I can offer. As far as trash-talk, I'll leave that to those who are more on that level (Socceroos). Looking forward to the early season matchups.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are assembling a powerhouse of a team that will be quite capable of emptying multipe coolers full of beer at each contest. We have a couple of old lions returning from adventures abroad; the majority of which still have most of their teeth and most of their hair. It is from these decorated veterans that we expect a good coolerside showing. As for the other teams...fcuk em...There can be only one....

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the updates, boys. Perhaps we can get a few more.

We need posts from Blazearmy (City FC), Texas Rattler (Westside Knights), Teelay or Kastro (Primos), Devil's Disciple (Green Devils), Erion (Kosova), Socceroos (Kangas), TS (Richmond) and anyone else who may be lurking. Let's get it going you bastards! Put down the beer and hotdog and type up a little post. You may even burn a few calories!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk ... it's been a while since I've been around here. I've had a summer off to work on a beer gut due to a bum knee (first beer gut in my life - but still doesn't even come close to rivaling Mickster's or even Bonefish's for that matter). As for the Primos, I've really been out of the loop, but they've had a pretty impressive summer soccer-wise from what I've been told. They've had a couple of nice additions, but whether these additions stick, remains to be seen. Expect them to be their usual serious selves and vie for top spot in their grouping.

I know a couple of the Primos fellas meandered over to the JBs and like someone posted above, a couple of Nomads headed to the Devils. Devils look to have a strong, deep team this year and will have some interesting tilts with the JBs in 2C.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phewww. Nice to be back in the friendlier confines of Div 2. We should to be honest be a better team this year then we were in Div 1 last year. We were missing 2 or 3 guys last year due to injuries and we have picked up a new face or 2 from the valley. The bottom few of Div 1 and top part of Div 2 is really no different if you ask me. The main differnce is that you play in a bunch of games that aren't all that close. In Div 1 you are normally on the wrong end of that and in Div 2 the right end of it.

Be nice to continue the rivalry with the knights from the summer league and it will be nice to finally play them with a full lineup. Looks like we ended up with a nice little group with lots of competetion in "C". Looks to be the most difficult in glance.
I realize the hurricanes went through it like Goose shite last year but i didn't think they were as good as advertised when we played them with our CAT team in the cup.

Hopefully everyone can enjoy the Friday night trip to Ladner and the turf field we play on. the League once again has us scheduled for 4 home games in 5 weeks with the 5th at Confederation at the end of October beginning of November so we will be getting all those games in while others are idle with field closures.

As for Coolerside showings, we will bring the Demoralizer out to a few games and see if anyone can keep up. Cheers to you all and good luck in the new season.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THe demoralizer sounds pretty ruthless. Might have to make it out to a game to see that.

2C looks pretty competitive. Don't forget about Yaletown. On that note, Oggy, what's up with the Latte Boys? Still skim-soy half-caffing it in the 'hood?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying the dog isn't clean???

If you saw some of the girls who were trying it i would think going after the dog was safer than after some of the girls.:D
Terrible.

Or the guy who is streaking in half the pictures. After him it got washed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0