Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Division 1 Rinos and Human Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. I am realistic. Look at the example of Guildord. No one goes straight up to premier. The issue is the principle of fair play.
If we are trying to do things right for the sake of honest competition (i.e. referees, assistant referees, id check ups, recording points, suspensions); then we should be consequential and identify situations that will lead to lack of competition.

To take it further, what if Rinos decides to purchase a 4th team? What is stopping them? What is the limit?

I know that many of you guys are in the FVSL and actually want the FVSL to surpass the VMSL. I want the opposite. I want that the VMSL keeps growing and becoming stronger, and fair competition is an important component of the success of the VMSL.

Not this non sense of inviting teams all the way to premier and the like. Where is the fair competition in there?

You misunderstand, once again. I could care less about the relative strengths / weaknesses of each league. I've played in both, more recently the FVSL, but both. I have friends who've played in both. I simply don't care anymore. I'm unattached and likely my future in this game lies in coaching 3rd division girls for the next couple of seasons, then back to tot soccer when my youngest is old enough.

What I do care about is you once again trying to discredit a rival organization in such an underhanded manner. Not just the club, but it's managers and players, calling into question their ethics. It seems to me you are doing this because more than one source here has come forward to expose your own poor ethics.

Just a guess.

Seek help.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You misunderstand, once again. I could care less about the relative strengths / weaknesses of each league. I've played in both, more recently the FVSL, but both. I have friends who've played in both. I simply don't care anymore. I'm unattached and likely my future in this game lies in coaching 3rd division girls for the next couple of seasons, then back to tot soccer when my youngest is old enough.

What I do care about is you once again trying to discredit a rival organization in such an underhanded manner. Not just the club, but it's managers and players, calling into question their ethics. It seems to me you are doing this because more than one source here has come forward to expose your own poor ethics.

Just a guess.

Seek help.
What is underhanded?
Discussing the facts when it comes to the dealings of the league? Forget about Rinos, and myself and the VMSL. Just the issue of competitiveness.

In all honesty, do you really think that having three teams (25% of the division) run by the same managers and coaches will not affect the competitiveness of ANY league?

This is all. Do no look for undercurrents.

For me this is an interesting exercise. It is really very revealing for me that people do not see this as a big issue when it comes to fair competition.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
He does have a good point of a club having more than one team per division from same club. In reality it could cause conflict of interest. This would not be allowed in even lower divisions of european football. However this is an amateur league played by amateur players. Enjoy your time playing and beat all the teams in your division thus there are no excuses.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly, there are no revenues to be counted here.

And, @Soccer Coach, I don't need to look for undercurrents when you are here on TTP creating them. I've played in bigger clubs before with intra-division teams. I can assure you, the risk of collusion was the furthest thing from the player's minds. Winning the club derby was first and foremost of importance.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will not re-hash the issue. If people do not see it. It is the principle of competition. It does not matter if it is paid (professional) or amateur (no payment). The principle is simple. Controlling one or more teams is a violation of the principle of fair competition.

"...One of the key aspects of the sporting world is to protect the integrity of the competition. If there is not a fair competition in the sporting context then this completely overshadows the sporting contest.

It is therefore felt that if two football clubs are playing in the same competition and are owned by the same person or business this could have an adverse effect on the competition diminishing the integrity of the competition. As a consequence the same individual or business entity is unable to own two clubs playing in the same competition."

The above is the rationale to put restrictions in competitions whether is professional or amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0