Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen 5-1 Champlain

Same old story boys,sorry Belmont but we had a chance to do you guys a favour. They scored first and we tied it. They scored again off a lucky break and are up 2-1 at the half best half we've played all year and are unlucky to be down a goal. Second half we come out and pin them in their end for the first 15 and missed a glorious chance to tie it as our striker beat their keeps only for the dman to clear it off the line. A few mins after that a phantom foul produces a nice finish from the freekick. Fcuking ball came in fast and dipped into the upper corner, got a piece of it but best shot I've faced in a while. Their 4th goal was assisted beautifully by Vinnie (thanks buddy ;) ) and a cracker off the far post. After that we seemed to drop some intensity and they added a late fifth. Oh well shite happens. Sorry again Belmont as I thought we had a chance for at least a point which may have helped you guys a little.

P.S. Hey Bonefish I didn't know that was you talking to me man sorry. You were there how would you rate Shaheen?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bonefish do you know who the ref was by any chance? Best ref we've had all year and he actually ran with the play. His only mistake was that Shaheen should have been down to 10 men when it was 1-1 as their last man took down our guy who was on a break. Oh well on to Yaletown and Alemania we go.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref for the game was Paul Ward and he is an excellent referee who was running better than some of your mids by the end of the game... It looked like you guys could have used a few more subs. Tough luck on not converting the goal scoring(a would be tying goal) chance prior to the Shaheen free kick that took them 2 goals up. You had some good pressure in the 2nd half that I saw but needed more support from the back 6 to close up the middle of the field and sustain your attacks.

My opinion of Shaheen...they have some good skill guys but I did not see anything from them on the evening that would make me believe they are one of the best 3 teams in Div 2.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 0-1 Belmont

We certainly weren't as fortunate as Champlain and Shaheen in the referee department, but I'll get back to that. All in all, it was a pretty closely matched game with Belmont's right back scoring in the first half on an 80-yard run. We failed to put a serious challenge on him during his run down the line, and he produced an excellent finish for the only goal of the match. Belmont had a few more chances, and we had two golden opportunities to tie it up in the dying moments, but our finishing was as bad as it was last week against Shaheen.
The referee was an absolute disaster, however, and marred what was otherwise a good match. I'm sure his incompetence swung both ways, so I'll let a Belmont rep. cover his mistakes in our favor. Aside from the usual gamut of uncalled offsides and fouls, on two separate occasions a couple of Belmont players got tangled up with each other, one went to ground, and Belmont was awarded a free kick. I don't know what rulebook the jackass with the whistle was reading. A potentially game-changing moment was when their goalscorer, who had already been cautioned, took me out from behind with a nasty two-footed challenge with the ball a good four yards away. The referee was good enough to explain his reason for not giving a second card, saying "It's ok, it was just a very late challenge." Oh, I guess that's alright then. I think we've just been spoiled by the refs we've had in the cup the last three weeks.
Well, good luck to Belmont in the cup, and I'm glad that we were actually able to give them a game this time, unlike the first time we met.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 0 : 0 NK Hrvat

The NK train was just spinning its wheels today. Westside started with 10, went down to 9 for 10 minutes or so due to an injury, and then managed to get back up to 11 for the 2nd.

The ref was seriously unbelievable with his yellows today. He was handing 'em out like candy, but none for tackles. Only for yapping. One funny moment was when he sent an injured player to get off by himself. "Where's my stretcher?!" :D

Are NK still in the cup? :eek:

Good to see you, Watcher -- pictures of you hacking up your lungs will be in the multimedia section sometime soon.

-----

Caught the last 1/2 hour of the Belmont/Yaletown game. With the success of reality TV, I suppose I shouldn't be amazed at the number of people watching that garbage. :D

Yaletown didn't rise to my expectations of what's been posted in recent weeks. #17 is a useful player, but the rest of the team are mostly plumbers and work-hards. Still, with the money they seem to have available for decent kits, they'll likely attract more players and improve in the future.

I'll be posting some pics next to Watcher's shiney black outfit soon . . .

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bitter sweet result for NK. Bitter because defense played well, but midfield to offence sputtered. Sweet because it makes us hungry as opposed to ****y and complacent going into our cup game next week. That's right, Keeper, I said 'cup.' :wa:

I hope you got some nice profile shots of me.....my left side is gorgeous.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, that's because of my hockey helmet!

Keeper, I was the sweeper: #10 (although my skill doesn't justify that number)
;)

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The WATCHER heard that boys get pimples from playing with their peepee not hockey helmets but never the less we will accept your version of events.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught a bit of the Signmaster vs. WV Royals match, Sign was up 5 - 0 with about 25 minutes left and were looking for more. Never seen Signmaster play before, they move the ball around nicely and move off the ball well.

Cheers, mackers.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Westside Knights 0 : 0 NK Hrvat

-----

Caught the last 1/2 hour of the Belmont/Yaletown game. With the success of reality TV, I suppose I shouldn't be amazed at the number of people watching that garbage. :D

Yaletown didn't rise to my expectations of what's been posted in recent weeks. #17 is a useful player, but the rest of the team are mostly plumbers and work-hards. Still, with the money they seem to have available for decent kits, they'll likely attract more players and improve in the future.

. .

looking forward to keaners reply!!

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
rikashay said:
looking forward to keaners reply!!

Rikashay, my old friend, I have to disappoint you (it's too late to rant...)

I'm too lazy to look up the name of the twat who left that posting you referred to, but if the match before ours and after ours involved him in any way he should hang his mulleted head in shame, for the quality was dire, and the pitch had more dimples in it than his wife's ass so there was no passing to be had......having said as much, we didn't play very well (by the way the number #17 he referred to broke his foot in the second half; also, our man in the engine room broke his toe after a cowardly challenge), and Belmont is a side I (we) respect, so props to them....they deserved it.

Oggy was right when he said we gave them a better match than last time (we did), but also could have played much better (indeed). Saturday was shat on more than anything else because of the referee (a glib little minger in a teal shirt, he looked like a bad parody of Peter Sellers in "The Party"---"fruity num nums..."), insofar as he made crap calls against BOTH teams which caused the flow of the match to disappear as soon as we kicked off. No mind, another sunny day in Y-town, mucho lattes and beautiful babies in Lululemon tights taking a break from rollerblading on the seawall to get moist watching us light up False Creek in our tight nylon shorty shorts.......good luck this week, rikashay.

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGU vs. Royal - Much respect for any team that can beat Bingers, but I'm thinking it was a fluke
Signmaster vs. RUFC - Masters of two of the least challenging divisions -- I'll choose Signmaster since they have such an interesting name
Shaheen vs. NK Hrvat - 'Cup NK', not to be confused with the enigmatic 'League NK', will continue toward the semis after a high-scoring, well-played match
Belmont vs. Kosova - Kosova will play harder, faster... and lose

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CheShouldHeBeWhite,

Nice first post, too bad it's in the wrong thread, you should have spend as much time searching around this site for the right thread as you did putting a name together ;)

Cheers, mackers.

PS. Welcome to TTP !!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I can't disagree too much with the posting of the Belmont/YFC match. Ref was soft and inconsistent throughout - we have been spoiled by some good reffing lately so it was back to reality this weekend, div 2 refs.

Yaletown worked hard and Belmont did enough to win in this mean nothing affair. Pitch at David Lam 'looks' gorgeous but is as bumpy as Montgomery :( Great scenery on the sidelines down there though :)

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Well I can't disagree too much with the posting of the Belmont/YFC match. Ref was soft and inconsistent throughout - we have been spoiled by some good reffing lately so it was back to reality this weekend, div 2 refs.

Yaletown worked hard and Belmont did enough to win in this mean nothing affair. Pitch at David Lam 'looks' gorgeous but is as bumpy as Montgomery :( Great scenery on the sidelines down there though :)

bandcamp,

right you are...the problem is that it is being increasingly used as a dog park, hence the sandbox trenches everywhere. The city closes it down for 2months or so and resods it....sod it!

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
CheShouldHeBeWhite,

Nice first post, too bad it's in the wrong thread, you should have spend as much time searching around this site for the right thread as you did putting a name together ;)

Cheers, mackers.

PS. Welcome to TTP !!
No one said first impressions had to be positive! The name was off-the-cuff, btw, but I'm glad you like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0