Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter Nov. 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin, thanks for the shout. Vancouvervilla, that sucks. I hope your player is ok, and I totally agree, it seems that there is mob mentality when it comes to fights in soccer - rarely is it only a one v. one incident. If one guy hits another guy, two or three guys take it into their heads that they should hit someone (very logical).

Onto this weekend - should be awesome Friday night for Div. 2B. TSA Royals and Yaletown play at the same time, at the same park, on adjacent pitches. Should be fun knowing the score of their game as ours is going on (hopefully they are a goal or more down :D). Anyways, can't wait for Friday - after last weeks postponement it feels like forever since we last played.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems more and more in soccer guys play like its Hockey. Royal we had some battles back in the day hard tackles us lossing the game. but nothing like this shite that's going on today in soccer.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Put a soccer game inside a hockey rink and you are asking for that nonsense. Soccervilla, don't you play for GFC United? If so, you guys are the kings of getting multiple reds per game so I have a hard time hearing your complaints. If you're not on GFC...apologies as I've got my players/teams wrong.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems more and more in soccer guys play like its Hockey. Royal we had some battles back in the day hard tackles us lossing the game. but nothing like this shite that's going on today in soccer.

Kev, which team do you play for? I have no idea who the Rams are :confused: I have no gripe with good, hard, clean soccer, but way to many people now think that "hard soccer" means late tackles, kicking ankles, etc. We have cleaned up our act in recent months, and it is awesome. One of our players was elbowed in the face by a Croatian (on purpose, and even their team was disgusted by it) and our player didn't even retaliate! :wa: Definitely a proud moment.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kev, which team do you play for? I have no idea who the Rams are :confused: I have no gripe with good, hard, clean soccer, but way to many people now think that "hard soccer" means late tackles, kicking ankles, etc. We have cleaned up our act in recent months, and it is awesome. One of our players was elbowed in the face by a Croatian (on purpose, and even their team was disgusted by it) and our player didn't even retaliate! :wa: Definitely a proud moment.

I was the Player/Manager for a div2 FVSL team the Rams. we played the Royals six times over a three year period only getting one draw. but the games always had excitement. Royals would always score a late winner. and I got called up a few times to play against you guys when we played Div3 I got called up to Div2 and when the Roayls played Div1 I got called up to play you guys again. Dusty always scored back in Div3 and Div2. Andrew still run the team??

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bold prediction: The Roos are going to kick some Desmesh ass today. 5:1
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final: Desmesh 3 - 1 Socceroos

Excellent stuff Mr Manager.

Not too bad, he was only 2 off of the score.

The ref in this game was down right embarrassing. It got so bad that he was giving their forward tips on how to score, and giving him advice on plays.

No idea where the league finds these clowns

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're going to fill out a ref complaint form for the first time in 3 years based on our ref's performance today. He kicked out our centre mid for trying to talk to him. Our centre mid was asking him in a polite manner to explain what a foul was. I think his exact words that got him kicked out were "sir, can you please calm down." And then the ref said that he would forfeit the game to the other team if our centre mid didn't leave the park. Astonishing really.

Just so we wouldn't be completely baffled, he then yellow carded our captain when he asked what went after the next whistle.

The referee quality is mindboggling at best sometimes. To be somewhat fair though in our 7 games this year we've only had 2 abysmal refs. The rest of the games have ranged from passable to very good. So based on those numbers we have to put up with 5 horrible reffed games out of 18. Great. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too bad, he was only 2 off of the score.

The ref in this game was down right embarrassing. It got so bad that he was giving their forward tips on how to score, and giving him advice on plays.

No idea where the league finds these clowns

His tips obviously weren't very good. You should be thankful.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
His tips obviously weren't very good. You should be thankful.

No just thankful that their team isn't very good.

Their guy missed a header, and he was telling him to let it run through to the guy behind him because he would have put it in. Our players called him out on it and he had a nice big smirk on his face.

He did get one for them as he called a pk on a god awful dive. Rarely see guys that big jump that high.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, the refs need to be evaluated at least twice per season to ensure they are capable (because that is all we are asking for in Div 2). Bring in linesmen too as I am sure each team can afford an additional $25 per game to help out the refs on the offsides which create way too much controversy and yelling each game...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, the refs need to be evaluated at least twice per season to ensure they are capable (because that is all we are asking for in Div 2). Bring in linesmen too as I am sure each team can afford an additional $25 per game to help out the refs on the offsides which create way too much controversy and yelling each game...

It is $30 per assistant and when you find the extra 100 refs required to do this, pleae let Angelo know. I'm sure that is all he would need is to assign assistants every week as well.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was the Player/Manager for a div2 FVSL team the Rams. we played the Royals six times over a three year period only getting one draw. but the games always had excitement. Royals would always score a late winner. and I got called up a few times to play against you guys when we played Div3 I got called up to Div2 and when the Roayls played Div1 I got called up to play you guys again. Dusty always scored back in Div3 and Div2. Andrew still run the team??

Ah, the good ol' FVSL. Andrew is still running the team, and we have a non-player coach for the first time :wa:. Dusty unfortunately has been out a great deal this season with a buggered MCL :(.

Weekend result: TSA Royals FC 2 - Burnaby Fury 'A' 2

A good, hard fought match between the two teams. Burnaby took the lead twice, and each time we replied. The first half was rather scrambly, as neither team could seem to settle the ball. Second half was all Royals, but all we could muster was the equaliser. A couple close calls at the end, but no result. A good match all around.

Regarding the reffing, honestly shocking game management as usual. One of the player/coaches (not sure which, but I heard the ref asking for his player card after the game) was sent off the park from the sideline for not raising the flag when the ball went out :confused:. I kid you not. To be fair, the ref did have to approach him and ask him to raise the flag just minutes prior, as he wasn't indicating when the ball went out, and their sideline was screaming at the ref when they thought a ball went out, but he sent the guy off for not raising the flag when the ball was kicked onto the pitch beside us :eek: (I guess in case no-one had noticed it had gone out). Needless to say their sideline went bonkers over this. This is apparently the type of game management that is not only acceptable, but as we have had this ref 3 times in 9 games, apparently it is looked upon favorably.

In another instance, our D-line thought their second goal was on an offside (I'm not saying one way or the other), and one of our players called the ref a c*nt. The ref didn't know who it was, so he threatened one of our other players with a red if he didn't tell him who had said it. I'm not condoning what was said, but that is just shocking reffing.

And the end to this novel: Bosna 4 HNK 9???:confused:

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock,

In Victoria in the 90s (not sure what they do now) the leagues trained 17-19 year olds to run the line and paid them $15 per game (i know inflation would change that now). They did a great job and many turned into referees once in their 20s.

Regardless, the easiest thing to do is nothing and just deal with the system as it is: hit and miss...

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding the reffing, honestly shocking game management as usual. One of the player/coaches (not sure which, but I heard the ref asking for his player card after the game) was sent off the park from the sideline for not raising the flag when the ball went out :confused:

In another instance, our D-line thought their second goal was on an offside (I'm not saying one way or the other), and one of our players called the ref a c*nt. The ref didn't know who it was, so he threatened one of our other players with a red if he didn't tell him who had said it. I'm not condoning what was said, but that is just shocking reffing.

And the end to this novel: Bosna 4 HNK 9???:confused:

First of all, I thought the ref did a decent job. I was right there when the ref gave him the boot. He didn't kick that player/coach person out for not raising his flag, he gave him the boot because he started bitching and complaining when he signalled a throw for his own team and the ref disagreed and gave the throw to us. Their guy continued to cry and what not, so off he went. Good decision by the ref I felt.

Also that was terrible form on our players part. I see nothing wrong with what the ref did because it worked. The ref found out who said it and our guy should have been sent off but was lucky to only be cautioned.

There are too many people that expect refs to have a perfect game each game, and that's totally unrealistic. How many times during a game don't you make a mistake as a player? Obviously refs are (thought to be) held to a much higher standard, and surely there are a couple questionable refs around. Everyone gets caught up in the heat of the moment of course, but there's a total lack of respect for referee's now. It's one thing to politely let the ref know you disagree with the call, but totally a different story when you revert to foul and abusive language towards the ref. I have no patience or appreciation for that in the game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock,

In Victoria in the 90s (not sure what they do now) the leagues trained 17-19 year olds to run the line and paid them $15 per game (i know inflation would change that now). They did a great job and many turned into referees once in their 20s.

Regardless, the easiest thing to do is nothing and just deal with the system as it is: hit and miss...

TYTRY, I know it was thought about here a few years ago but the abuse the youngsters took was too much for them and the refs association didn't want to lose perspective refs because of the abuse they would take on the sidelines. Look at what happened in the Columbus game on the weekend.

It would be nice to have assistants all the way through but the reality is it is not going to happen. :(

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also that was terrible form on our players part. I see nothing wrong with what the ref did because it worked. The ref found out who said it and our guy should have been sent off but was lucky to only be cautioned.

There are too many people that expect refs to have a perfect game each game, and that's totally unrealistic. How many times during a game don't you make a mistake as a player? Obviously refs are (thought to be) held to a much higher standard, and surely there are a couple questionable refs around. Everyone gets caught up in the heat of the moment of course, but there's a total lack of respect for referee's now. It's one thing to politely let the ref know you disagree with the call, but totally a different story when you revert to foul and abusive language towards the ref. I have no patience or appreciation for that in the game.

Nothing wrong with it? First off, you can't just randomly give out red cards because you didn't see who committed the offense - keep your eyes and ears open. If you don't see the foul committed, or who committed it, you are not able to give out disciplinary action unless one of your AR's see it.
Secondly, our player could have named anyone on the team who doesn't get many cards, thus avoiding suspension if the player in question has a number of cards. What then?

As I said, I didn't agree with what was said, but it was an unenforceable method of trying to find out. What would he have written in the game report if our player didn't tell him who did it? "Player refused to rat out team-mate"? I know you know that he couldn't have given our player a red card, then where does his authority go when he is making idle threats? Terrible game management.

As for the sending off of their player/coach from the sidelines, maybe I got the story wrong.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 6 Unicorns FC 1

The game wasn't that lopsided to start. We once again had trouble controlling the ball, and they had a couple chances, but couldn't finish. We put our first chance away with a great shot bottom corner. A header off a corner a couple mins later followed immediately by a great strike from outside the penalty area and the rout was on.

Definitely not a classy group, bunch of muckers who couldn't put anything together and felt the need to yap when they were down. Their keeper actually was yapping when one of our players didn't score late in the game - perhaps he had already forgotten the 6 that had been put behind him :confused:. Their most talented player (some small English dude) seemed more keen in yapping than playing, and seems that he did our players a favour by not starting anything with them (gotta watch out for those 140lb guys ;)). Glad we were able to stomp these guys, as they were terrible at footy, and in general a bunch of douches.

Not shockingly the mayor didn't come out - probably couldn't justify the carbon foot-print of driving out to Tsawwassen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0