Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

You have to remember that the league, for the first time, moved all of the stronger cat teams into the "A" side. You played in Cat "B" this year where the ones who did poorly last year, have no real team affiliation, or have their "A" teams in Div 2 reside.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying and so many people have said this as well. When actually they are not quite right. Norvan SC, Lobbans, City FC, Wickham would all tell you that they have Div 1 Teams. In fact Norvan FC were just promoted to Premier this year and Wickham A finished a very respectable 2nd in their Division. Now don't get me wrong the B division was not as deep as the CAT A but there are some better teams there than many give credit. Oh yes.....sorry Lobbans forgot you boys.

Still the point was CAT 2 Teams can compete with Div 2 Teams.

On another note to Bandcamp. I like the look of your team and I would take your winning record any day of the week!! Some skill, alot of heart and the will to win. Something I don't see so may of your competition don't have!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like two of the cup games will be played at David Lam.

Point Grey Vs Royal.
Richmond U Vs Signmaster.

David Lam is a horrible field.

The field has so many ruts in it because some of the bright locals let their dogs tear up the field and dig holes to cover up the crap that they decided to take on the field. Crappy (pardon the pun) spot for a Cup game, but with all the other fields shut down, the league has no choice.

So Mackers, Deucy et all, watch your step!!!!! :D

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Crappy (pardon the pun) spot for a Cup game, but with all the other fields shut down, the league has no choice.

Why are all the fields shut down? Is it b/c of the bad weather? If that is the case, why not play on terf? :confused:

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Looks like two of the cup games will be played at David Lam.

Point Grey Vs Royal.
Richmond U Vs Signmaster.

David Lam is a horrible field.

The field has so many ruts in it because some of the bright locals let their dogs tear up the field and dig holes to cover up the crap that they decided to take on the field. Crappy (pardon the pun) spot for a Cup game, but with all the other fields shut down, the league has no choice.

Thanks Gurps for the tip, I will be the guy with the life jacket on if it keeps raining.

I was down at David Lam on Saturday. The goal mouths looked horrific for the goalies... The centre mids had too go through a couple of ponds to get to the 18 yard box.. The ref said the field was dodgy.. Oh well if one quarterfinal was played on Lam , I guess they all should to make it fair..

This field situation has got to get sorten out.. Turf compared too Lam would be better.

Deucy :D :D :D

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with the David Lam comments, how bad is it when we have to play the quarter finals on that shite field, and it's going to get even worse after a full week of rain, as tiger says, is there no turf around ?? Surely there is some allotment at Bby Turf or even Confederation where we watched the Royal/JB game tonight ? Regardless, I think this weekend might be a good time to come out and watch as both games will be going back-to-back. I think our game against Signmaster will be a good game, I've seen them play and think they are going to give us trouble, here are my picks for this weekend:

PG U vs. Royal - after watching Royal play tonight I can't imagine PG U continuing their run but hope they will.
Signmaster vs. RUFC B - seen the Sign play but still like our chances obviously.
Shaheen vs. NK Hrvat - it looks like the NK train is for real, I believe they will keep rolling.
Belmont vs. Kosova - something tells me Belmont will win this, I don't know what it is but it's something :D

Good luck to all this weekend !

Cheers, mackers.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Georgie's Best Can't say what it was like 4 years ago but after playing my first year in CAT and a few games last year as a fill in when needed I can only say there are a few solid teams in CAT 2. I would say there are 6 CAT 2 teams capable of doing quite well in Div 2.[/QUOTE said:
You have to remember that the league, for the first time, moved all of the stronger cat teams into the "A" side. You played in Cat "B" this year where the ones who did poorly last year, have no real team affiliation, or have their "A" teams in Div 2 reside.

Gurps,
you have to remember the league smokes doobies and allows teams to play on fields that should be closed and closes fields that should be open. Not to mention moving games from set dates and f'cking up people's work schedules under the notion there is "no rush" to finish games before the end of March/April while scheduling two games during Easter weekend......so don't believe everything you hear.

Lobbans has an A team along with Wickham, Norvan, and Croatia. Not sure if you know this or not, but they are very well affiliated and have good club systems to boot. Norvan got promoted this year from div 1 and Wickham A finished second (and IMO could have finished first) not taking anything away from Norvan because it was well deserved. Wickham B team had 2 loses this season and a rack of goals. Lobbans had a strong start, but due to injuries and other mishaps finished a respectable third. Croatia finished fourth and played some up and down games this season depending on who showed up and if they wanted to win or not, but solid nonetheless and affiliated.

-Hummer

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

you have to remember the league smokes doobies and allows teams to play on fields that should be closed and closes fields that should be open. Not to mention moving games from set dates and f'cking up people's work schedules under the notion there is "no rush" to finish games before the end of March/April while scheduling two games during Easter weekend......so don't believe everything you hear.

Well it is all clear now. ;)

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hummer said:
Gurps,

Lobbans has an A team along with Wickham, Norvan, and Croatia. Not sure if you know this or not, but they are very well affiliated and have good club systems to boot. Norvan got promoted this year from div 1 and Wickham A finished second (and IMO could have finished first) not taking anything away from Norvan because it was well deserved. Wickham B team had 2 loses this season and a rack of goals. Lobbans had a strong start, but due to injuries and other mishaps finished a respectable third. Croatia finished fourth and played some up and down games this season depending on who showed up and if they wanted to win or not, but solid nonetheless and affiliated.

-Hummer

Bomb B finished 2nd by the way
:) killed by ties (no finish)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hummer said:
Gurps,
so don't believe everything you hear.

-Hummer

Thanks Tips. Except for the fact that it was official league policy this year to make Cat "A" the stronger side, and this came straight from the league.

Wickham placed last in Cat last year on our side, and Lobbans placed low too on the other. The leage took the top four teams from both sides last year and put them into "A". That my friend in not what I heard, that is what occured.

There were games we were beating teams 6-0 and 7-0 and it was a joke. Next year, the division will only get stronger with the addition of two more Div one Cat teams and the removal of the bottom two teams.

Mackers, if it's not raining, I may stop by David Lam on Sunday to catch your game. Should be a good tilt between Signmaster and Richmond, but me thinks Richmond will come out on top.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Mackers, if it's not raining, I may stop by David Lam on Sunday to catch your game. Should be a good tilt between Signmaster and Richmond, but me thinks Richmond will come out on top.

Gurps you come out too David Lam and I'll buy you beerz.

Deucy :D :D :D

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Thanks Tips. Except for the fact that it was official league policy this year to make Cat "A" the stronger side, and this came straight from the league.

Wickham placed last in Cat last year on our side, and Lobbans placed low too on the other. The leage took the top four teams from both sides last year and put them into "A". That my friend in not what I heard, that is what occured.

Gurps,

I understand it's "official" policy to drop the so called lower teams and place them on the other side. I was just puzzled why shite teams from last year such as IFC, Kosova, and Croatia are on the 2 Cat A side? If I recall.....I think Wickham didn't finish on the bottom last year, but certainly weren't that good for what I saw, but IFC and Kosova were shite....why would the league put Wickham over onto Cat B and allow IFC and Kosova onto the A side?

Hey Gurps, or anyone else: With the constant movement of players, player acquistion and teams being related and promoted, wouldn't the Cat system A or B be affected by this policy so why bother? why not pull teams out randomly? Thoughts?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

2003-2004

2 CAT "A"
1 Pegasus FC "C" 13-0-3 39
2 Westside Rino "C" 10-2-4 32
3 Sikh Temple "B" 9-3-4 30
4 Indo FC "C" 6-2-8 20
5 Wickham FC "B" 5-4-7 19
6 Western Union AFG 5-4-7 19
7 Bombastic FC "B" 5-3-8 18
8 City FC Rangers "B" 4-3-9 15
9 Norvan Primos "B" 3-3-10 12

2 CAT "B"
1 Croatia SC Classic 11-2-3 35
2 Club Ireland Hibs 10-4-2 34
3 Surrey United "C" 9-4-3 31
4 WFC Rangers "B" 8-4-4 28
5 Bosna Kosova 8-2-5 26
6 Lobbans "B" 8-0-8 24
7 EW Socceroos 3-3-10 12
8 Bombastic FC "C" 2-2-12 8
9 City FC Blaze "B" 1-1-13 4

As you can see, the top 5 teams from 2CAT B, who had more points than all but the top 3 in A swapped over. Why the crappy ass Socceroos came with them I have no clue.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
2003-2004

2 CAT "A"
1 Pegasus FC "C" 13-0-3 39
2 Westside Rino "C" 10-2-4 32
3 Sikh Temple "B" 9-3-4 30
4 Indo FC "C" 6-2-8 20
5 Wickham FC "B" 5-4-7 19
6 Western Union AFG 5-4-7 19
7 Bombastic FC "B" 5-3-8 18
8 City FC Rangers "B" 4-3-9 15
9 Norvan Primos "B" 3-3-10 12

2 CAT "B"
1 Croatia SC Classic 11-2-3 35
2 Club Ireland Hibs 10-4-2 34
3 Surrey United "C" 9-4-3 31
4 WFC Rangers "B" 8-4-4 28
5 Bosna Kosova 8-2-5 26
6 Lobbans "B" 8-0-8 24
7 EW Socceroos 3-3-10 12
8 Bombastic FC "C" 2-2-12 8
9 City FC Blaze "B" 1-1-13 4

As you can see, the top 5 teams from 2CAT B, who had more points than all but the top 3 in A swapped over. Why the crappy ass Socceroos came with them I have no clue.

dezza,
thanks for the update.
What the hell happened to Croatia, and Sikh Temple? they dominated last year, hence the move to the better side as many people stated on TTP, but finished in the middle of the pack and dead last. Can't be that good.

-Hummer :wa:

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:

There were games we were beating teams 6-0 and 7-0 and it was a joke.

Gurps,

Lobbans placed where last year???? Wickham placed where???? Sikh Temple dominated last year...hmmm....and finished in the middle of the pack this year in the better side.....hmm.....better go back to the weaker side. That my friend is not what I heard, but what occurrerd. Get you facts straight. And this came straight from the league website.

-Hummer :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well this season was the first of the supposed "stronger" division of CAT, but obviously teams like Croatia Classic have shown it's no surefire way to make a stronger division. I believe that particular team is made up of old farts who are waiting to join the Over-35 league and didn't rate their last season in the VMSL as a priority when the weekends rolled around. As for Sikh Temple, their 'A' team was in a dogfight to the finish to get promotion to Premier so they rarely got any help from those players this season. Last season was a different story as they choked early and needed to play CAT 2 to get their confidence back / have at least one winning team... or something like that, right Gurps?

I heard a rumour that a similar system could be implemented in Premier and Div 1 next year (side A being stronger than side B) that would have more serious implications where only teams on the A side can get promoted and teams on the B side get relegated. Keep in mind this is only RUMOUR and I am no authority.
;)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hummer said:
Gurps,

Sikh Temple dominated last year...hmmm....and finished in the middle of the pack this year in the better side.....hmm.....better go back to the weaker side.
-Hummer :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I never said we dominated the leage, I said we beat on some of the lower placing teams 6-0. It was a joke, just like it was a joke last year when we finished with thirty points, and the next closest team finished with 20. Yeah, if I was the league, I would do something about that.

Further, Hummer, you stated that you saw IFC play last year????
That is too funny, because IFC is a new team to the league, so you must have some magical powers. :D :D

The IFC team that was on our side was Polonia's cat team, and were new to the league, and did well in their first season, so that is a moot point.

Hummer, whom do you play for?

If you guys want to discuss further, let's talk in the regular Cat thread.

Back on topic....

My predictions for the weekend

Royal 1 PGU 0
RUFC 2 - Signmaster 1
Shaheen 2 - Nk 1 This one goes to PK's.

Mackers and Duecy, how has the long break been to you? You guys been training, or had Duecy just been drinking all the beer? :D

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
Well this season was the first of the supposed "stronger" division of CAT, but obviously teams like Croatia Classic have shown it's no surefire way to make a stronger division.
;)

Absolutely. Look at our B team (Bombastic). Last year 5-3-8...and yes I know some woudl say technically a tougher grouping than this year and then this year we end up 9-5-3. Teams change. We strengthended our A team so moved 3 guys down from A and also added 2 new players in key positions. Our B team was very different from last year. Things change from year to year and ....we all get older as well. This is why the system of a stronger division and weaker division doesn't really work. It is about 80%.

Cat teams also depend on the number of Div 1 players that come out to get a second game or help out. Div 1 CAT is a little different. The depth and skill gap at that level is minimal when CAT 2 has aging wonders and lunch buckets in the mix. I don't think I have said anything no one didn't know already :D

enough said.

CUP PREDICTIONS:

NK will beat Shaheen 4-2 (They will have learned their lesson from last week)
RUFC 2-1 Winners - Just a hunch
Royal 2-PGU 0. The run is over!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fcuk a duck, my eyes are bleeding from reading all that CAT stuff. Now I'll have to take the next week or two off sick (fully paid, naturally). You guys are costing the government some big bucks.

My predictions:

PGU over Royal. It's destiny and I'm not referring to a stripper from the Cecil.
NK over Shaheen. I have heard that Watcher has taken his pop bottles and scratch 'n wins back in a 'bribe-the-ref' fundraising attempt. Expect a 90th minute penalty for NK to tie it up then an overtime PK for the win.
Signmaster over Richmond. Although I'd like to see TS and the boys take it I think Signmaster is a little more motivated.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dapotayto said:
Fcuk a duck, my eyes are bleeding from reading all that CAT stuff.
Signmaster over Richmond. Although I'd like to see TS and the boys take it I think Signmaster is a little more motivated.
Dap,

You must have alot of flow coming from your eyes cause you have mixed up the Richmond teams. It is the Richmond Cat team that is playing Signmaster...

Grab a maxi why don't cha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0