Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

Fcuk Watcher, thanks for the list of reasons why you got 3 wrong. My picks:

PGU - Royal - The glory run must end............I think.
Signmaster - RUFC - Signmaster doesn't let too many goals in but they are VERY beatable. They have a couple of guys but that's it.
Shaheen - NKH - this one will be close with Shaheen getting a PK late in the game on a TERRIBLE call that we'll hear about until next season.
Belmont - Kosava - Belmont rolling right now. Easily took down the best CAT B had to offer. Enough experience (remember the PG Rangers NK?) on this team to keep it going.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bandcamp, you are a wise man. Watcher you should pay attention to the rest of the lads on ttp. Here are the correct predictions.
PGU-Royals= PGU have fought hard but I think it's time for the big four to step up and they just ain't one of 'em. Good run boys well done.

Signmaster - RUFC = I'm not going to make light of the fact that these boys must have done something right so far this year. It'll be a good game. However, RUFC will crack the victory beer that night.

Shaheen - NKH = Just for the fact that Watcher has become the new Socceroo for this cup run I'm going against them. I don't know either team but "The Watcher" is just to ****y. I do believe his train has just ran out of tracks. Devo says thanks for the Fcuknut.

Belmont - Kosava = Well I've stuck with the Belmont boys and they haven't let me down.
Good luck on the weekend lads. Even you Watcher.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let's see if I can do better this week, here are my predictions:

PG U vs. Royal - It's time for the Royal to lose their first of the season to the cinderella Point Grey team.
Signmaster vs. RUFC - Onto the semis for United !!
Shaheen vs. NK Hrvat - NK, the dream is over, sorry.
Belmont vs. Kosova - Belmont should have no problem here.

Cheers, mackers.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Although I am not to familiar with NK this year, I do know they have a good coach and seem to be a determined bunch.

Shaheen on the other hand unless they have made some drastic changes are very beatable. Just watch these guys, they are famous for having subs that show up during the game with no cards. Keep track of this. If you notice a player come on that showed up late make sure you get the ref to look at his card right away. We waited till after the game and two players were quickly undressing and left when they realized what we were protesting. In the end we could not prove they were there.

I predict an RUFC, NK final with mackers and the boys winning. They have a very good team this year watcher.

I am a little biased having been a Hrvat alumni. Played with watcher in the mid 80's.

Good luck to all and wish we could have entered cup play this year.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The predictions on this site are like a tea bag in the ocean: weak!

Their are more predictions made out of spite and ignorance than from intelligence and insight. Therefore, here is my 'wishful thinking:'

NK over Shaheen

Last year, we split our meetings....and our team wasn't as strong last year. Our defense should be able to contain Shaheen's potent offence, but if it doesn't our strikers should cause their achille's heel (their defense) some trouble. No more 4-0 wins for NK as this one will be a battle to the end!

(Although I believe Belmont will win, I would love to play Kosovo and avenge our earlier loss to them which can only be described as a Comedy of Errors!)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yomama, just be prepared for May 8... Opening weekend of the Cro summer league... Season 4 is awaiting!!! :D

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

robj said:
Although I am not to familiar with NK this year, I do know they have a good coach and seem to be a determined bunch.
I predict an RUFC, NK final with mackers and the boys winning. They have a very good team this year watcher.
Thanks Robj but there is a big quarterfinal match- up coming soon...
Signmaster will be one hell of a battle. 11-1-1... not bad.

Deuce

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

a. Rob J. The Watcher is not worried about richmond because they won't be around after this next game.
b. This is the best TEAM the Watcher has played with in a decade and the only thing we fear right now is a biased ref.
c. Div. 2 CAT soccer on the whole cannot compare with regular div.2 soccer and somebody is about to get a lesson in that fact.
d. The train will be pulling into the proverbial station this year. That being the final games final whistle. Aaaaaallllllllllllllllllll Aaaabooooooard!!!!!!!
e. The Watcher wants a full retraction after the next round from all the naysayers. You know who you are.You know who you are.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Naysayer #1 right here! Until you guys get your act together and play some consistent football year over year - let alone game to game - then you will always have a large group doubting you. On any given day NK can show up and give you a good game but never have they been the class of the division...

Good luck on the weekend. Watch out for falling Iranians that go down like they've been shot! Always a tough team for NK to play against as out comes the "biased ref" :)

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watcher,

Tell me how you think 2 Cat is not as strong as Div 2?? How many times a year are you facing teams that are bringing down Div 1 players to get additional fitness or try to win a game. We have played a Temple side with 4 or 5 first team players that would have wiped most of the teams in Div 2.

I admit that we will have a tougher match with Signmaster this week but I think an Undefeated 2Cat side deserves a little respect.

Lean

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The predictions on this site are like a tea bag in the ocean: weak!
Their are more predictions made out of spite and ignorance than from intelligence and insight. Therefore, here is my 'wishful thinking:'

I saw PG United play 5 - 6 years ago in the Div 2 Cup final against RUFC B(where they lost I might add!!), and I remember playing against Shaheen some years ago, other than that, I have no idea about the other teams left in the Cup, my predictions are made on stats, how they've done in cup so far and how they've done against each other, if applicable.

I love the piss-taking and anticipation leading up to the next round of games and look forward to reading what you lot have to say about one another. I am going to stick my neck on the line here and say I really fancy our chances to win this thing without seeing the rest of the teams play. We have a very deep and talented bench, a very strong starting 11, a willingness to go forward and go for goal, we are prepared for games, get to the field 1 hour before hand, get a good warm-up in and are not scrambling to field a team like I have seen from some of our opposition(our coach is very demanding when it comes to showing up early and getting properly prepared, right Deucy ;) )

Anyways, that's my two bits, let's keep the piss-taking going, I challenge all of you to let me know how you are going to beat us, any Signmater's out there ??

Cheers, mackers.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers,

did no one give Deucy a copy of the traditional Richmond United script?

Surely he must know that an RUFC squad would have been expected to push the self-destruct button last December. This undefeated run is highly uncharacteristic and must be stopped soon and in spectacular fashion to make up for it's tardiness. Otherwise the Idiot support might start to expect excellence and we can't have that now can we?

You'd think Deucy was trying to get on full time.

Imagine that, Deucy in charge of the Idiots first team. My God.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Watcher must give credit where credit is due. Any team that has a undefeated season in any league is doing something very right. Never having seen RUFC play, the Watcher might be the one having to print a retraction. That being said, wouldn't it be exciting to meet you boys in the final. You could cut the tension out of the air with a knife. I can't imagine winning every single game all year only to lose in the final. Tragic indeed...................Chug a chug a choo choo.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

PGU vs. Royal - Beating two undefeated teams in a row? Not likely
Signmaster vs. RUFC - The Idiots are just too good this year
Shaheen vs. NK Hrvat - NK will implode, and take at least 1 red card, but it will be "the ref's fault"
Belmont vs. Kosova - This one will be very close, and Kosova seem to be able to pullout the 1-goals wins

Who's the coach? Is it Mark Birkic?

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps we withdrew from cup play because we only had 11 guys for the first two games that is if we won the first one and with the season we are having.... well let's just leave it at that. Our top three goal scorers from last year Rob Mrsic had his first baby this year and cannot commit as much as last year. George Hecimovic single father of 2 girls could not commit this year for obvious reasons and our third passionately know as Rockstar had different aspirations this year. These 3 combined for 37 goals last year. A couple guys are busy out of town with work. So we just said forget it to cup play. Our legend Peter Stipancic has yet to wear the uni this year.

Our coach quit. I'll leave it at that. Actually it the arguing stopped when he quit so that's a positive.

The average age of our team is 33. Family comes first.

Last year we while we were winning, 18 guys were showing up wanting to play. This year we lost a few and nobody wants to come out.

We have become what we feared most, behing Socceroos in the standings. Who would of thought. :).

Good luck to Richmond the last of the Cat teams and to my friend watcher and the NK train.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jinky,

I know, life as an "Idiot" has drastically changed from the good ol' days of hooliganizing(is that a word), cheating, fighting, red cards, etc...(all the fun stuff) to young kids who don't drink, winning games :D , no suspensions(our B team's only had one player miss one game and it was due to an accumalation of 3 yellow cards, that's unprecedented in this club) and just generally being disciplined.....what's this world coming to ;)

All joking aside, we have a good mix of veterans and young talented kids that seem to find a way to win every weekend. And as for our coach Deucy, well, he takes quite a bit of razzing, as you can imagine, but he's done a great job of getting us all out to training, games and just making sure we are prepared to play. As for coaching the A team, I think kippax's locked up that position for now, but you never know what kind of promotion Deucy might get if the B's finish this season off right ??

Cheers, mackers.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers - it was not PG United that RUFC B played in the cup final 5-6 years ago, it was PG Rangers. You will find half the Rangers now reside over at Belmont FC - a team you may see in the final again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0