Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL] Div 2 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
24 Teams split into 2 divisions

12 Side A Teams:
Bombastic
Columbus 13th Legion
GFC Lions
Lobbans
AMFC Selects
Marpole
NVFC Lions
Rinos Rangers
Siaron
Strathcona
Harps
Snipers

First games start Friday September 10th

12 Side B Teams
Bingers Army
Romania
France FC
Astro FC
Chinter Academy
Muckerlomas
NK Hrvat
Richmond Hibs
Temple
Twin Arrows
Trollups B
Westide Juniors

First games start Friday September 10th

Beerleague2020

Sep 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets start taking the piss...... Predictions ?
youtube wink GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

DidierDruggedMe

Sep 2, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A - I can see Sniper putting in a real shift and maybe taking it...Lobbans are up from D3, but they are arguably a D1 level squad, young, talented, and clearly been together for a long time. The rest I am not too sure about honestly.

Side B - NK should be formidable as usual and Lomas have another deep and talented squad (again all based off of last season). The like of Westside, TArrows, and Bingers Army may be a surprise this season and make it a tough pool to be in! Good luck to all in that pool! Might be the most hotly contested.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1 - France FC 0

Great to get the season under way. We took on FFC over at McNair on Saturday afternoon, and boy was it a joy to play on grass. The pitch was in great shape. It took the FFC GK 5 minutes to complain that the grass was too long. :rolleyes: It had been mowed a couple days prior to kick off FFS...

We only had 14 bodies for opening weekend, from a roster of 25, so we were shooting ourselves in the foot before the ball was even kicked. FFC certainly had more options off the bench then us.

With limited options, we were forced to sit back and let FFC have more of the ball, and they managed to knock it around fairly well through the middle of the park, however once they managed to move the ball outwide and try to attack in the final thrid, they really didn't create much other then wayward crosses going out for goal kicks. I don't recall a signal effort on goal from open play. A couple of freekicks from long range seemed their only threat from their # 10, who is a quality player, and was strong on the ball, but complained every time he got tackled that it was a foul. EVERY TIME.

We would counter when we could, and earned half a dozen corners as a result. On about the 6th one, 5 minutes from time, we got our goal. They complained that it hadn't crossed the line, but the lad who attempted to clear it, was standing on the post, and his leg was well behind said post. The ref was on the 6 yard box, in line with that post and saw it our way. Frankly he was in perfect position to make that call. 1-nil at the half.

We made 3 changes, to give a breather to those that needed it, and did so all throughout the 2nd half with our 5 remaining subs. Again, short bench meant sitting back. FFC had more of the ball obviously but again, really didn't create much in terms of efforts on target other then from free kicks.

We defended well, and ran out deserved winners I thought.

FFC GK needs some proper kit. The lad was wearing a grey polyester zip up jacket, and had BLACK DUCT TAPE wrapped around his pants at the ankles, SHOC-KING.

Members online

Latest posts