Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...but u should have signed a keeper which will be the downfall of the hoops fight to promotion.
Hopefully I will make you eat your words BFA, and lead my boys from goal & as coach, to the big promotion match!

Regardless of what happens, I already decided earlier this year that I would step back from playing and focus on coaching the lads, as it's too hard doing both, even from goal, as I've done for the past 3-years.

Looking forward to Saturday's big match, but one game at a time for the Hoops!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
big game this weekend, punjab vs club I / firemen.

Huge game to say the least.

couple of good signing for you lot

Indeed, as stated earlier our signings will certainly be useful the rest of the way.

but u should have signed a keeper which will be the downfall of the hoops fight to promotion.

Don't be mad. You thought that in the 90th minute when he spilled it but that same keeper cleared it off the line too....good to be lucky, lucky to be good :)

I'm surprised BFA et. all Idiots haven't said anything about this past Saturdays game? Club I won 1-nil BTW. Scrappy derby game, which it was always likely to be, and as The Capt. pointed out, terrible to watch. IMO we fell into the 'lump it up the park & chase' strategy and didn't get out of it. nil-nil at half. Second half more of the same thing, couple of close chances at each end. Final 5 minutes we earn a free-kick outside the 18 along the sideline. Free-kick headed off the far post and back across the line. Followed up by our LEFT BACK at the time, and a laser beam head top shelf from 2 yards out. Injury time free kick from 25 out for RU, the shot gets spilled on the goal line and somehow cleared. Final whistle blows. Fortunate 3 points but good teams somehow find a way to win :)

Looking forward to this weekend and hopefully getting a full 90 in, COME ON THE HOOPS!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked out the VMSL current discipline list, which was updated today, but so far I haven't seen any Punjab player listed with a new suspension that would sit them out from this weekend???:confused:

Anyone red carded this past weekend won't be on there until after the discipline hearing on Thurs. night.

Analyzer

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ will be out for sure this weekend. Someone please give him a brain. PH will lose this weekend. PH, Welcome to Division 1...again!

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised BFA et. all Idiots haven't said anything about this past Saturdays game? Club I won 1-nil BTW. Scrappy derby game, which it was always likely to be, and as The Capt. pointed out, terrible to watch. IMO we fell into the 'lump it up the park & chase' strategy and didn't get out of it. nil-nil at half. Second half more of the same thing, couple of close chances at each end. Final 5 minutes we earn a free-kick outside the 18 along the sideline. Free-kick headed off the far post and back across the line. Followed up by our LEFT BACK at the time, and a laser beam head top shelf from 2 yards out. Injury time free kick from 25 out for RU, the shot gets spilled on the goal line and somehow cleared. Final whistle blows. Fortunate 3 points but good teams somehow find a way to win

Agreed for the most part. Not pretty...hump & run demonstrated by both teams...a few scrappy tackles (oops...:rolleyes:). Both teams had chances, each had one cleared off the goall line. Only difference, IMO, is that a tie would have been the most appropriate:mad: result. The Hoops had better hope that Hurricanes are still asleep, because they are bound to wake up. And hump & run probably won't be as "effective";) in a "non-derby" game of this importance.

Cliff Rumbler

Jan 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ will be out for sure this weekend. Someone please give him a brain. PH will lose this weekend. PH, Welcome to Division 1...again!

Analyzer I know that you are from the canes and are trying to make them seem like the underdog going into this game but really it is still theirs to lose. They still have a lot of talented players and if they come together they will be on the winning side. I believe that CJ will get atleast a year for making contact with the official. Funny how people like Strictly Business and co have not come on here for a while since the canes have been in this miny slump. I now hope that every team knows that they just dont win the league by having the best team on paper but actually going out there and proving it on the field until the very last game of the season.

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been in this league for a while and given what I saw that night, the league will probably give him AT LEAST 2 yrs. As much as we slag the refs, they need to be protected from that kind of behaviour.

I'm hoping the league will go easy on him (biased of course) but am not hopeful.

I think the Hurricanes are still the front runners and promotion is still in their hands.

XXX

Sep 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that everyone is getting a bit excited thinking the Hurricanes are about to lose one of the best players in the league for their promotion battle. The incident wasn't as bad as its being made out...

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how people like Strictly Business and co have not come on here for a while since the canes have been in this miny slump. I now hope that every team knows that they just dont win the league by having the best team on paper but actually going out there and proving it on the field until the very last game of the season.

Hey dipshit - ppl like me haven't really come on here ALL SEASON. If I wanted to post about every single game then you would see a report - I chose not to do that so we'll leave it to reporters like you to do the rest.

Cliff Rumbler

Jan 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey dipshit - ppl like me haven't really come on here ALL SEASON. If I wanted to post about every single game then you would see a report - I chose not to do that so we'll leave it to reporters like you to do the rest.

All season eh numbnuts, you were posting two months into the season so how could not post the ALL SEASON, just to get the fact straight I think that the hurricanes are a great group of guys but they talk way too much, on and off the field, just because you took Columbus Clan to the limits in the ACBC Cup, (albeit with 3 players that really got you there that dont really play with you) doesnt mean that you would get to premier with the snap of a finger. Earn your stripes and then walk to premier with your heads held up, BUT until you actually get there dont talk smack to other teams saying things like "what place are you in", "you dont belong on the same field as us".

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All season eh numbnuts, you were posting two months into the season so how could not post the ALL SEASON, just to get the fact straight I think that the hurricanes are a great group of guys but they talk way too much, on and off the field,

plain and simple - you're an idiot. the fact is - i don't post about our games and i don't talk smack. i maybe posted one score this season - so if that constitutes all season then you just keep thinking that u moron.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can We Get Details On What Cj Did

Despite me already having detailed about CJ's incident, I shall quickly mention it again for those who don't know how to read thoroughly :D

During injury time, CA scores a goal. On the way back to half to restart play, CJ is bitchin and screaming at the ref about blowing some call and then after repeated warnings, CJ just flipped out and i directly quote this one "I'm going to ****ing kill you". As for the contact, it wasn't anything too bad. CJ was so pissed that he was throwing his arms around trying to get into the ref's face while his players restrained him and in turn one of those arms lightly pushed the ref. Regardless, it's contact. And this is accurate, I was standing about 20 yds from the center circle.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can We Get Details On What Cj Did

Despite me already having detailed about CJ's incident, I shall mention it again for those who don't know how to read thoroughly :D

During injury time, CA scores a goal. On the way back to half to restart play, CJ is bitchin and screaming at the ref about blowing some call and then after repeated warnings, CJ just flipped out and i directly quote this one "I'm going to ****ing kill you". As for the contact, it wasn't anything too bad. CJ was so pissed that he was throwing his arms around trying to get into the ref's face while his players restrained him and in turn one of those arms lightly pushed the ref. Regardless, it's contact. And this is accurate, I was standing about 20 yds from the center circle.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For CI
JHOOTY, Chetan Punjab Hurricanes 'A' 1 2008-01-18 8 Games $50

good luck

I'm sure that this 8 game hiatus will serve as a stern reminder that you can never lay a finger on an official nor threaten his or her life. Please!!!

In my opinion, 8 games is a slap on the wrist. It seems obvious that the league isn't trying to send a message.

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure that this 8 game hiatus will serve as a stern reminder that you can never lay a finger on an official nor threaten his or her life. Please!!!

In my opinion, 8 games is a slap on the wrist. It seems obvious that the league isn't trying to send a message.

The guy got close to half a season, its done let it go................

you won't see CJ for the rest of the year and part of next.... the really question is what Div will CJ be play'n in next year? Big Game this weekend (but will probably be cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0