Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that means there will be no great escape for Fiji this year as they seem to somehow always survive those relegation playoffs.

Beat us 2 years ago. We lost a guy to a red in last 15 minutes and it went to extra time. They scored to go up and we preceeded to hit the bar twice and a post in the last 10 of extra time.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

I was unaware that both the bottom two teams from both each side are destined for the drop, I was lead to believe the same scenario as Sidewinder. With this past weekends result, even with a forfeit win for Lobbans, and a 3-1 thrashing for CA, both squads could get dragged into the mix if they're not careful.

I must say CIC, good prediction of the score on the CA and Polonia game..:D

CA 3 - Polonia 1

Good game for CA at last, been a long time coming. Start of the the first half pretty even with both sides gettin a couple of chances, best chance is a partial breakaway for Polonia which is stopped nicely by CA keep. After that, CA practically takes over. First goal at the 15-20 min mark, a great half volley from just above the corner of the 18 off of a cleared cross. The second goal is assisted by a great boot from our keep, which is headed on by a mid to our streaking forward who out muscles 2 Polonia D-men and then is stopped by the keep but follows his own play and gets the rebound. Polonia get a quick one back as they catch CA off guard on a quickly taken corner to find an open man in the box for a free header. 2-1 at half. Second half was dominated by Cliff's D and Mid where they shut down any opportunities for Polonia and in turn rush back up the field with plenty of chances. Third goal came around the 80th min. After CA wins a ball in the offensive zone, plays to our forward who dances around the top of the box, finally chipping the out of position goalie. We end the year on a great note and hope to continue this form into the new year. Don't know where the 3 goals came from, must've been the exhibition match with ACBC...wouldn't you say CIC?;)

Well done Stevie-G, you've ended the year brilliantly. You lot scored more then one goal in a game in over a month! That deserves a celebration to say the least. You've done better against Polonia then we did so I can't say too much more now can I :eek:

So we go into the New Year with a team who shouldn't, and won't be caught at the top of the table, and as it looks right now, a race to finish 8th at the bottom of the table to escape relegation. Any predictions out there? Any comments? Any one signing or leaving their club for greener pastures? I'm sure most squads who have little to gain from the remainder of the season are looking to have a decent go in the Cup, we are anyways. Try and make something positive from this year. We can not forget about CA either, they're destined for a deep Cup run this year :rolleyes: Just ask the recently ever so silent SoccerScout :)

baby faced assassin

Nov 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 Bingers 1

A fair result out at Minoru last night. Slow start for both teams but 20 minutes in Bingers capitalize on a careless giveaway in the final 3rd and get punished for it with a great header, RU keeper had no chance, 1-nil. Remainder of the half sees both squads create a few half chances, 1-nil at half. Second half sees RU make a couple of changes that works out well for them especially going forward. At the hour mark they earn a free kick which is capitalized on to draw level, Animal with the killer strike ;) Play of the game happens with about 20 to go. Baby Faced Assassin pulls back on the jersey of a Bingers midfielder breaking through on goal at the top of the box. The ref only gives a yellow and the ensuing free kick is wasted. From then on, it seemed IMO that both squads were happy to just play out the remaining minutes and settle for a point each. At the end of the day, neither squad did enough too truly deserve all 3 points.

On a side note the ref did well for the entire 90 minutes, doing his best to try and allow the game to flow and wasn't interested in just throwing out cards.

I'm a little surprised to see the forfeit result between Lobbans and Sarajevo. As Sidewinder said, Sarajevo are digging themselves into quite a relegation bound hole. Fiji now 3 points back with a game in hand. It will be a tight finish to see who gets automatic relegation and who will be in the relegation game against the Div 1A 9th place team. I don't see a result yet for the CA vs Polonia game, but if CA were to lose, they would be dragged right into the mix at the bottom of the table. I wonder if they managed to score today? :D

CICwishingforabetterrunofforminthenewyear
probably one of my smarter fouls, hes was in on goal if i didnt...

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if this is of interest, but CA played ACBC again this weekend (sun dec 30)

CA 2 - ACBC 1
I think it's fair to say that CA was the better team and much more deserving of the win. Unfortunately, both goalies butchered an easy save each, which lead to a goal for each team. CA's first goal was pure class though. CA midfielder undresses a ACBC midfielder, continues his run towards the box, plays 1-2 with forward player and then lets go of a shot to low corner from 20 yds out. Despite the low score, much credit is owed to the ACBC keeps who kept them in the game in the first half especially making 3-4 incredible reflex saves.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if this is of interest, but CA played ACBC again this weekend (sun dec 30)

CA 2 - ACBC 1
I think it's fair to say that CA was the better team and much more deserving of the win. Unfortunately, both goalies butchered an easy save each, which lead to a goal for each team. CA's first goal was pure class though. CA midfielder undresses a ACBC midfielder, continues his run towards the box, plays 1-2 with forward player and then lets go of a shot to low corner from 20 yds out. Despite the low score, much credit is owed to the ACBC keeps who kept them in the game in the first half especially making 3-4 incredible reflex saves.

No, it's not but fair play to you for posting it.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two days into the New Year and no one has got anything to say?:rolleyes: The league is already trying to get games played this weekend, and as for our side of the division is concerned only a couple games IMO will get played, those being the ones on turf.

Polonia vs. Lobbans @ BBY Lake Turf

A cold night ahead no doubt for both squads, Polonia will take all 3 points because of home field advantage. 3-1

Punjab vs. RUFC @ Mercer Stadium

Another bitter cold kickoff for these squads and it could get ugly. Punjab are heavily favored, RU coming of the holiday season may have lost step. The last game on turf wasn't very pretty. Punjab take it 5-nil:eek:

The remaining games like I said I can't see being played, the parks board would be mad to let them go on.

Van Olys vs. Sarajevo @ Hillcrest Park

Van Olys should take it with their pace. Sarajevo need a result in order to climb out of the relegation battle. Van Olys take it 3-1.

Fiji vs. Cliff Ave @ Hasting Bowl

After CA's impressive friendly win over ACBC, they're ready to pour it on! Fiji needs a result, per the usual, interesting to see if anyone even turns up. CA take a tight one 1-nil.

Binger's vs Club I @ South Memorial

This weekends game of the week :rolleyes: A typical match up of half decent talent and alot of hustle. Games between these clubs are usually decided by only a goal. Nothing different this time around, but I'll hold off on predicting anything, as we aren't going to be playing this Sunday.

OK I'm done, anyone else want to stir the pot...?

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab vs. RUFC @ Mercer Stadium

Another bitter cold kickoff for these squads and it could get ugly. Punjab are heavily favored, RU coming of the holiday season may have lost step. The last game on turf wasn't very pretty. Punjab take it 5-nil

Idiots 2 - Punjab 0

Fcuk Off!! Christmas turkey did us well. RUFC backline (only 3 guys) tip scales at 660 pounds PLUS a goalie at 210 pounds who provided the shut out!

Klaus

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!

That's massive shock well done. Considering your first outing against them I thought it would be a walk. What we're their numbers like? Who scored? Baby Faced Assassin surely..

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab seemed to be a bit disinterested in the game, at least in the first half. First half dominated by RUFC, and a nice goal from about 25yards out, to take the lead.

Second half all Punjab, while RUFC concentrated on the counter-attack. Beside the second goal they scored they had two more 100% chances, which should have been goals. We are talking about open net from 5 yards out. Punjab with no real chances even though they dominated the second half. Well done Richmond.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This side has been done for a long time so this result with have no impact on who comes out to play Pegasus in the division one promotion game. :) Well done, Richmond United on a good win. :)

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
seems like several surprise games this weekend...

van o/sarajevo 3-3...thought a van o blow out was in the making
punjab/richmond...well as discussed earlier, a bit shocking, but not to take anything away from richmond

as for CA/Fiji...well CA had to fight hard for this one :rolleyes:...we would've much rather gotten on the pitch and earned the points ourselves. Nonetheless, we'll take the points and prepare for next week with Bingers.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction:

Club I to beat Punjab to make 1B interesting once again.

That's a bold prediction and one hell of a first post.

I don't think our game will be on tomorrow, as last weekend McNair was closed. With the weather we've had this week, they'll surely do the same again I would imagine.

Lobbans vs. Fiji is already postponed, have Fiji just called it quits anyone know?

The 3 other games to be played this weekend are RU vs Van Olys, Cliff Ave vs. Bingers and Polonia vs. Sarajevo.

After a huge victory last weekend, here is hoping that they can do it again against Olympics. A home game on turf should favour them slightly, but this should be Van Olys to win. 2-1 Van Olys.

Cliff Ave vs. Bingers is another scrap'em it out kind of game. Bingers took us to the final whistle last weekend, and have a decent squad. They SHOULD be too much for Cliff, although with Stevie-G playing he could run the show but it's not likely ;) 2-1 Bingers.

Finally Polonia vs. Sarajevo is another tight one. Polonia are an up and down team from what I gather this year. Sarajevo are crap but always kick and scream to the final whistle. They need a result in order to climb closer to Lobbans. A draw is on the cards.

Anyone else fancy a go? Good luck this weekend

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a huge victory last weekend, here is hoping that they can do it again against Olympics. A home game on turf should favour them slightly, but this should be Van Olys to win. 2-1 Van Olys.

RUFC 4 - Van Oly's 3

All four goals for Idiots by Balfour on rebounds. 2-0 very early. 3-1 at half. 4-1 early second half. 4-3 by last whistle to hang on. Good result by the Idiots, allowing many youngsters a run, and giving some older/hurt legs a rest. Taking 9 of 12 points from the top two teams on our side is a small reward after a less-than-stellar season.

CIC. Want to make another prediction on the idiots' next game;)? You're 0- for-2 on RUFC's last two games.

See ya next week Hoops, for what should be a better match than the first one.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 4 - Van Oly's 3

All four goals for Idiots by Balfour on rebounds. 2-0 very early. 3-1 at half. 4-1 early second half. 4-3 by last whistle to hang on. Good result by the Idiots, allowing many youngsters a run, and giving some older/hurt legs a rest. Taking 9 of 12 points from the top two teams on our side is a small reward after a less-than-stellar season.

CIC. Want to make another prediction on the idiots' next game;)? You're 0- for-2 on RUFC's last two games.

Balfour won't be so fortunate against us, Christmas is over.

Another big result by the boys in the all black kit. The result should never of been in doubt once up 4-1, but Olys didn't stop playing and made it close by the final whistle. The ref on the day was average, tried to keep the cards in his pocket, which is always nice.

Klaus,

I know that my predictions have been off the mark like you said, 0-2, but that's me stirring the pot mate. I've pissed your lot off so much that you've gone out and shown me up on the pitch with great results, well done. Would I dare make another prediction after my dismal start to the new year? No :)

However, I will say that these games are always well contested affairs and it will be tight. I hate playing you lot on turf, but if I remember correctly, the last time we meet at Minoru turf, the HOOPS won 5-1 :cool: 2 goals for yours truly, no rebounds in sight :) See you next Saturday..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the last time you played on turf was 2 - 2........last season.........no?

As for the ref trying to keep cards in his pocket.......nice observation. The ref gave NO cards.........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0