Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] September & October 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Punjab game. They look good and talented, however, I would still bet my money on Sapperton on moving up. They have mix of veterans and good young players, and I think their experience playing in Premier will help down the road. Furthermore, their Mids are better than those of Lobbans or Punjabs.

The Div 1B is much stronger, than Div1A. IndoPeg is a class above everyone else. By the looks of it, they have 18 exibition games this season :).

This season there hasn't been many game reports. Hopefully that will change in the weeks ahead. It's always good to hear and read of how the other games were played.

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal doesnt have shite on Sikh temple. akal sucks, the only thing that doesn't suck about them I'd their moms rotis and mill they go home and suck on after their games. Bunch of mommas boys. Especially raju, and harbinder(cheapest and dirtiest player in all soccer

Wow, I'm surprised anyone is able to read that - try learning how to write before actually making a post! ST4Life, it sure looks like you have some animosity towards the Chohan brothers... Is it becuase they have already proven themselves in soccer and you haven't? That's no reason to hate...

As for Akal buying a spot, that is not the case. Akal had a spot in Div 2, which they won 2 yrs ago and have been playing in Div 1 since...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, I'm surprised anyone is able to read that - try learning how to write before actually making a post! ST4Life, it sure looks like you have some animosity towards the Chohan brothers... Is it becuase they have already proven themselves in soccer and you haven't? That's no reason to hate...

As for Akal buying a spot, that is not the case. Akal had a spot in Div 2, which they won 2 yrs ago and have been playing in Div 1 since...

Was there ever a team called Indo-Akal? :confused: I think it was in Premier? :confused: I could be mistaken but I thought it was.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Tiger, Royal United does not equal Akal.

Akal was playing with Indo, until they gotted kicked out. Royal United faught tooth and nail to stay in Div 1, and once Akal lost their spot, they took over Royal United because the guy who owned it is affiliated with Akal.

cherrypicker

Oct 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Grimm said...Akal is still holding THEIR own in Div. 1....and Captain yes there was a Indo-Akal...couple years back when Indo moved upto premier with the help of the "Comb Over Akal Boys" couldnt have done it without their soccer skills not how they comb their hair. And as far as Royals United goes...it has held up in Div 1 for 2 years now with 7 of the same Akal players that played for that team then as they do now. looks like they just made it a little easier for you guys by calling it Royals...so no one would wonder what to do with the name due to 6 other players being apart of that team that were not Akal players...seeing how many of you are having problems trying to figure out what goes first Temple/Peg/Indo...looks like they did you boys a favour.

On a side note, maybe ST4life should get out and watch a couple of games before bashing on players that stand out during games. I maybe wrong here but you seem to be that newer generation of soccer players...those kids who dive better than dribbling a ball and get a nice fresh hair cut before the game and match their shoes with the tape on their Socs that matches the colour of their under armour shirt. Topped off with your scented gel to give you that christiano ranoldo hairstyle. it just makes you look good not, play better.

cherrypicker

Oct 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Tiger, Royal United does not equal Akal.

Akal was playing with Indo, until they gotted kicked out. Royal United faught tooth and nail to stay in Div 1, and once Akal lost their spot, they took over Royal United because the guy who owned it is affiliated with Akal.

It didn't turn out to well for Indo after that...getting Relegated the following year...looks like they should have stuck with Akal.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are never any locks for promotion. This is still wide open with A LOT of games left to play. Anything can happen, as displayed in past years.
Now try saying it with a straight face.
With Olympics wetting the bed on the weekend, it's all over on the A side. Sumra ordered the champaignia from France on Monday and the plastic is already up in the locker room. IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!
NOTHING IS POSSIBLE for anyone other than ICSFCFCofCan

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Punjab game. They look good and talented, however, I would still bet my money on Sapperton on moving up. They have mix of veterans and good young players, and I think their experience playing in Premier will help down the road. Furthermore, their Mids are better than those of Lobbans or Punjabs.

The Div 1B is much stronger, than Div1A. IndoPeg is a class above everyone else. By the looks of it, they have 18 exibition games this season :).

This season there hasn't been many game reports. Hopefully that will change in the weeks ahead. It's always good to hear and read of how the other games were played.

The scary thing is we can't drop any points or were done for. We have 2 games before the big one against the Hurricanes. But we play AFC and Romania - 2 huge challenges.

The Polonia team is good side with a lot of quickness up front. Also, be weary of giving up a free kick around the box - #18 is masterful off the dead ball (1 off the cross bar, 1 over the wall but just wide).

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Grimm said...Akal is still holding THEIR own in Div. 1....and Captain yes there was a Indo-Akal...couple years back when Indo moved upto premier with the help of the "Comb Over Akal Boys" couldnt have done it without their soccer skills not how they comb their hair. And as far as Royals United goes...it has held up in Div 1 for 2 years now with 7 of the same Akal players that played for that team then as they do now. looks like they just made it a little easier for you guys by calling it Royals...so no one would wonder what to do with the name due to 6 other players being apart of that team that were not Akal players...seeing how many of you are having problems trying to figure out what goes first Temple/Peg/Indo...looks like they did you boys a favour.

On a side note, maybe ST4life should get out and watch a couple of games before bashing on players that stand out during games. I maybe wrong here but you seem to be that newer generation of soccer players...those kids who dive better than dribbling a ball and get a nice fresh hair cut before the game and match their shoes with the tape on their Socs that matches the colour of their under armour shirt. Topped off with your scented gel to give you that christiano ranoldo hairstyle. it just makes you look good not, play better.

Where did that number come from? Theres only 3, and 2 of them are on the bench and one is the guy who owns the spots son. Akal had almost nothing to do with Royal United, they had no intention of taking that spot over until they lost their own spot.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Indo - Akal discussion is fascinating and should never grow old. Don't they have you on another thread though?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Indo - Akal discussion is fascinating and should never grow old. Don't they have you on another thread though?

It never grows old because EVERYONE has a hand in it. Indo, Temple, Akal, etc, etc....the list goes on and on. The Sapp/Club I thing was dead YEARS and YEARS ago with no mention of it whatsoever. (What the hell is WAB talking about???) Exactly. We moved on, Club I moved on and that was that. Why can't they just let it die?

Go hash this out on a thread that no one reads except you guys and you can all live that irrelevant moment over and over again.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm hearing Club I is taking all the credit for Sapp winning the Provincials a couple of years ago........:D

Time for another merger..... SRRUCI (Sapp gets their name in first just so WAB remains calm)...... C.S. can get this done.....:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the REAL Sapperton club? Are there any long-time members still involved?

Are there any New West residents on Sapperton?

~TB.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the REAL Sapperton club? Are there any long-time members still involved?

Are there any New West residents on Sapperton?

~TB.

You would know better than I where they are. Don't you have a couple of old-timers at SU supporting the team? We do have a few 'fanatics' in their mid-70's still coming out.

Colin, Kyle, and Brody Phillip's dad played for Sapperton in the early 70's.
No one else lives in New West, except Peter Vranjkovic, and he plays with the O50's team. Funny, almost no one lives there, but we all do volunteer work every year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would know better than I where they are
Sapperton management should be shocked at that statement! How could this happen? It seems this current group is outta touch with their roots.

~TB.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm hearing Club I is taking all the credit for Sapp winning the Provincials a couple of years ago........:D

Time for another merger..... SRRUCI (Sapp gets their name in first just so WAB remains calm)...... C.S. can get this done.....:D

We are all amalgamating along with Metro-Ford Firefighters FC of the Masters league

SRRCIUMFFFFC:D
This will go on the front of our uniforms:
Uniforms will be red socks with black stripes, yellow shorts, with green and blue hoops.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton management should be shocked at that statement! How could this happen? It seems this current group is outta touch with their roots.

~TB.
Roots? I was born and raised in Richmond! Linc has fallen off the face of the earth, the rest of them are scattered all around in your part of the woods. The only guy I see every Tues night at Sapperton Park is Don Smith on his bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0