Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Division 1 "A" Season Predictions

The young scots lad I think is Ally who played in a Unicorns jersey last year and you are right shamrock a very good player indeed although like all of us has his weaknesses :eek:. Look forward to what will definitely be my MOTW

cheers , the Rattler

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So maybe we're better than we look? Or Lobbans aren't as strong as you think?

I think we're lucky. But I know Lobbans are lucky, because I saw their goalkeeper handle a long ball outside the box with our striker bearing down on him. Should have been a red card.

Anyway, on to Richmond. Hopefully at this time of year they don't have all those college players they used to win the Div 1 Cup last season ;)

Actually, Richmond has 4 players who are playing right off the bat. They are currently UBC players who are being red-shirted and one cracking player from Brown University. In fact, the team MIGHT be stronger right now than the team which won the Cup last year......Matt Rota scored 4 on the weekend and it is great to have him back in the squad and playing regular football.

This should be a good game.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain, perhaps those 4 players should be transferring to the premier side as they appear to have gotten thumped on the weekend, and could probably use the help.

Unless of course they're sandbagging to avoid the BC Premier League...

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Honestly, who would willingly want to finish top 4 in Premier if you are rewarded a massive travelhotel bill and a trip to the BC "Super" League? BTW, those college kids from last year will be joining Premier when their college season over...

Now on to weaknesses. I'm all ears Cap'n.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain, perhaps those 4 players should be transferring to the premier side as they appear to have gotten thumped on the weekend, and could probably use the help.

Unless of course they're sandbagging to avoid the BC Premier League...

Klaus has already the question regarding the players from Division One last year which thumped your team in the Cup. :D ;)

As for sandbagging that is a massive piss-take. A team has to be exceptionally talented like a West Van let's say to be sandbagging anything.........Didn't they tie Croatia on the weekend? :D

Hmmmmmmmmm

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Honestly, who would willingly want to finish top 4 in Premier if you are rewarded a massive travelhotel bill and a trip to the BC "Super" League? BTW, those college kids from last year will be joining Premier when their college season over...

Now on to weaknesses. I'm all ears Cap'n.

I will try and swing by training on Thursday night. :)

Ryan Maron might be the man to have Ally sent off.........he has a VERY quick temper. :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart coach does not give free info. He colects the guys in the summer. His side will win this weekend. There was a lad on Green Devels that plays the game at premier level. I think he plays mid or forward.
Cliff also has a good team. You will see them most likeley win. Fast and good. Nk guy is bragging they also must be good. It will be fun to see how they do.

***LFC***

May 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC what team do you play for.
If you're feeling especially ballsy, what #. Ttp is one thing but buck up cowboy, introduce yourself.

Awwwwww it's cute when the girlfriend has to jump in to defend her boyfriend.

what

Sep 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base said:
Con,Kenj and Paulo are special guys.
true. great guys, disciplined, and important to the team's success. but maybe you've chosen those three in particular because their arrival had something to do with you?? just a theory!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1B predictions for this week:

Vancouver Olympics 2
Estrella de Chile “A” 1

Punjab Hurricanes ‘A’ 3
Cliff Avenue United 2

Binger's Army 1
FC Romania “A” 0

Metro-Ford Primo 0
NK Hrvat 2

Sporting Club ??????
Sikh Temple ?????? No predictions on our own game...

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Olympics 1
Estrella de Chile “A” 3

Punjab Hurricanes ‘A’ 4
Cliff Avenue United 2

Binger's Army 3
FC Romania “A” 0

Metro-Ford Primo 2
NK Hrvat 1

Sporting Club 1
Sikh Temple 2

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Olympics
Estrella de Chile “A”

Punjab Hurricanes ‘A’
Cliff Avenue United

Binger's Army
FC Romania “A”

Sporting Club
Sikh Temple

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All time low point tonight...first team I have ever played on that had to forfeit a game because not enough guys showed up...Embarassing and humiliating, infuriating and disappointing all at once. :eek::mad::(

NK are a great group and agreed to loan us players and have a friendly which turned into a good tilt with some nice goals (notwithstanding the laisser faire attitude on occasions).

NK Hrvat 4-3 Primo MF

On a side note if any players at the Div. 1 level are looking for a team please PM (that's "Private Message" for any newbies) me for details on who to call etc. You WILL get playing time. Sadly this is a serious plea...we are desperate for players :(

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamsho said it all spot on. Hope Primo can find some players and steal some points from others. These first two matches have me thinking that it is tough to stop a speeding train. I guess we'll take the points. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0