Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter, & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the VMSL website...

Div 1B Standings
9 Cliff Avenue United 6 2 1 3 8 10 4

One question... why does Cliff Ave have 2 wins and a tie but only 4 points? Is this a typo? Is a game under review? What gives?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
uhmmm no offence you dufuses but I can take blame for my own and no watcher did not make an excuse for me....no matter what weather the first goal was a major f--k up. Anyways, Peg took it hard to us and were ahead by a step the whole game, they are a very solid team, next one should be a bit closer pending if i decide to let another 2 weak ones in ;(

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering what the general consenses is as to which side of div 1 is stronger. I no longer play in Vancouver, however bingers army and club I definitly were not 3rd and 4th in teh division lol. Is side A a weaker side or have those teams improved.

ps come on you Lomas need to get some results :p:wa: :wa:

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After last week's disappointing draw with Bingers, I may be making history in cheering for the Idiots to hold back the Army...good luck this weekend lads!

Westside FC “A”
Royal United

Richmond Utd. "A"
Binger's Army

NK Hrvat
Shaheen FC

Burnaby Canadians
Pegasus SC "A"

Burnaby Fury "A"
Club Ireland "A"

Cheers,

Burnro

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering what the general consenses is as to which side of div 1 is stronger. I no longer play in Vancouver, however bingers army and club I definitly were not 3rd and 4th in teh division lol. Is side A a weaker side or have those teams improved.

It's a combination of both. I think it's about time for you to take a west coast road trip.:D

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say what is up with richmond utd.
They were chalenging for promotion 2 years ago.Now they still do not even have a point to show for.Is it the grass fields,turf fields they dont like?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 - 0 Bingers

Without overstating the completely obvious, but RUFC's best 90 minutes of the year. And even saying that we did very very little in the second half but still manged to finally get that elusive first "W" of the year.

"Slacks" gets the winner midway througth the first half on a great ball forward that sprung him. He was able to coral it and knock a well placed shot off the post and in.

Bingers looked depleted and very disinterested in the first half but the second half produced a few new players and a much more determined effort.

Kippax to finally get a nights slieep I think:D

~P~

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1- Bingers 0

Sometimes when you play the Army you get the opportunity to play against our alter ego Old Man United.The young boys that were there were outstanding.Richmond were very good in the first half but really sat back in the second. The big man up front made a huge difference in the second half as did the rare but inspirational play of Boogienights.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FK.Sarajevo said:
FIJI IS GOING TO GET SMOKED TOMORROW BY SARAJEVO.

Coming from the same clown who predicted a 3-0 win over Wickham.......I hope you are just as accurate this weekend......see you next week

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Fury 1-2 Club Ireland

How the VMSL can allow Div. 1 games to be scheduled on park fields such as Central Park is beyond me!!! The pitch was not suitable for any level of soccer, so to gather all 3-points made it all the sweeter!

After seeing some of the same Fury lads beat our CAT team yesterday, we had a fairly good idea of what we were up against today, having said that, the field certainly evened out the difference in player quality. We had much of the play in the first half, creating a few chances, but only finishing one on a great strike by TBell from about 20-yards. Fury did not have much to offer in attack except for their center-midfielder Bubba, who played as a third striker and loved to dance on the ball, but only enjoyed trying to beat the same player 3 or 4 times.

The second half saw the Hoops continue to control the ball, but mental errors and tentative defending allowed the Fury to break through on a couple of opportunities, eventually pouncing on a ball that squirted between our center-back and sweeper in which the Fury player did well to slot inside the far post. The goal against was what we needed to snap out of our complacency, so we turned it up a notch and controlled the remainder of the game, grabbing all 3-points from a perfect cross finding Club_I_Champ with a great header for the winner.

On to the big Richmond derby next Saturday against the rejuvenated Idiots, fresh off their tight win over Bingers yesterday.

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers0-1RUFC
What a wasted chance. To be fair, Richmond won fair and square and deserved the victory. We squandered glorious chances and left it too late in the game before we started to play some footy. I dont think the ball left the richmond half for more than 5 minutes of the second half, but we could have played until midnight and I dont think we would have scored! I dont understand how we can compete with teams like West side, peg and club I and then ****ing lose in the fashion we did! Classic Bingers football I suppose!! Anything is possible when the boys (actually old men) in purple suit up to play!!
Bring on the Hrvaties
:wa::eek:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 1 - 0 Cliff Ave
Cliff Ave will steal points from many sides... they are very dedicated defensively... and their keeper is a born shot-stopper.

Punjab 1 - 2 Shite Eagles
Thank-you!:D

Wickham 2 - 2 Lobbans
Thank you Wickham... but the real question is did IB manage to make it to the handshake? considering the nets and flags weren't his responsiblity...:confused:

Fiji 5 - 1 Sarajevo
Geeze... FK Sarajevo... can you make my hockey pool picks for me too? :rolleyes:

Westside 2 - 1 Meralomas
Four out of five ain't bad...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0