Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right in your assessment of Chile we played them in a Cat A game last night
probably more than half were on Div 1 B . I assume they do not train just play wed night Cat games they need hard running in practice to achieve a higher level of success
as they all possess tremendous skills.

4 guys from the A team there last night for the CAT team, the remaining 15 at Sportstown for a tough plyometric circuit and running session...the CAT team is mostly based of former A team guys that just don't want the commitement of 2 times a week training for various reasons. Wishful thinking, but you lost to Chile's CAT team. Chile "A" trains Mondays and Wednesdays, the CAT team, does not train.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 4 - Green Devils 0

We scored two in the first half with the second on a pk. We then put the game away with our third 15 mins into the second half and got the 4th with 15 to go. On the field beside us it was Canes 2 - Olympics 0.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
chile 3 sporting 0...should have been 6 or 7, but Sporting holds their own and keeps it from getting out of hand...chile keeps climbing:wa:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good win for you Eagles,Rino Westside is pushing hard but it will not work this year. Not enough games left for them to do it. It must be tough on SmartCoach. Chile is for real. Red white and blue always looks good.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army 9 Metro Ford Primo 0

Primo showed up with 7 players. Frustrating I'm sure for the 7 Primo players who worked hard and showed a great deal of class throughout the match. Also frustrating for the Army who were hoping for a good match. Full credit to the Primo lads who never quit.

Really frustrating part was the potential situation that in the end never transpired. Due to the league policy the referee said before the game that he would not have allowed any late arrivals for Primo to play until after half time (in the end they never arrived anyway). I tried unsuccessfully to talk him into allowing them to play if they arrived. While I understand that there are reasons behind the implementation of the rule by the league, it seems ridiculous for a team to play short when even their opponents are asking for the players to be allowed to play.

Onwards to a rather large matchup with the Hurricanes, fresh off their huge win over the Olympics, next Saturday night.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game today against a strong Cliff Ave. squad that is unfortunately in a fight to stay up after today's loss. They are by no means a Div. 2 squad. That being said neither is NK. After our only loss last year I stayed around for a beer with the victors from Signmaster who were very gracious sharing their beer and hotdogs but one of there players upset my digestion when he asked me, "What are you guys going to do next year?", implying that we were getting in over our heads. Today we unequivocally answered his query.

As for the game today, Cliff opened the scoring on a bad clearance that bounced around in the air until it was in between the Hrvat goalie caught in no mans land and a Cliff striker who easily headed it over and in. Hrvat struck back immediately with a double header from Goose to Nico who finshed from six like Geroy Simon celebrating a touchdown. NK then took the lead when Adriano fired his second shot of the day towards the top corner. This time the goalie couldn't stretch out and get it. Kenji's beautiful run created the goal. After the half Cliff got another to even the contest when Gingebreadman's flourecent red noggin redirected the Cliff players shot into the other side of his own net. Things were tense when NK made three subs that brought some jump into the side. One of the subs "Slyrad" was fouled for a penalty shot, as the ref pointed, put the whistle in his mouth, but never blew it. He froze because the ball went to a NK player who seemed a lock to bury it but didn't. Fortunately for Hrvat the ball bounced to Adriano who was developing an intimate relationship with the top corner mesh of Cliff's net. Cliff pushed real hard the last fifteen and with any luck would have tied the score. With three minutes left they were in cold at the side of the NK cage but Majic Bajic finished off his netminding performance on a positive note rushing out and taking the blast off his chest to seal the victory and bank the three points.

Van Olympics look out. Hrvat is coming for all three next week.

PS......NK 's only loss last year came when we were a gingerbread man down and was not without controversy.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 0 - Akal 1 - Ref ???
Fair result would have been a draw as ref missed a goal where ball was two feet over goal line with ref 40 yards out of position.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Queercamp

What does that even mean ?It wasnt me in net, if it was NK would have won 3-0!Let me guess your gonna go post in premier now ya TTP WHORE!

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game today against a strong Cliff Ave. squad that is unfortunately in a fight to stay up after today's loss. They are by no means a Div. 2 squad. That being said neither is NK. After our only loss last year I stayed around for a beer with the victors from Signmaster who were very gracious sharing their beer and hotdogs but one of there players upset my digestion when he asked me, "What are you guys going to do next year?", implying that we were getting in over our heads. Today we unequivocally answered his query.

As for the game today, Cliff opened the scoring on a bad clearance that bounced around in the air until it was in between the Hrvat goalie caught in no mans land and a Cliff striker who easily headed it over and in. Hrvat struck back immediately with a double header from Goose to Nico who finshed from six like Geroy Simon celebrating a touchdown. NK then took the lead when Adriano fired his second shot of the day towards the top corner. This time the goalie couldn't stretch out and get it. Kenji's beautiful run created the goal. After the half Cliff got another to even the contest when Gingebreadman's flourecent red noggin redirected the Cliff players shot into the other side of his own net. Things were tense when NK made three subs that brought some jump into the side. One of the subs "Slyrad" was fouled for a penalty shot, as the ref pointed, put the whistle in his mouth, but never blew it. He froze because the ball went to a NK player who seemed a lock to bury it but didn't. Fortunately for Hrvat the ball bounced to Adriano who was developing an intimate relationship with the top corner mesh of Cliff's net. Cliff pushed real hard the last fifteen and with any luck would have tied the score. With three minutes left they were in cold at the side of the NK cage but Majic Bajic finished off his netminding performance on a positive note rushing out and taking the blast off his chest to seal the victory and bank the three points.

Van Olympics look out. Hrvat is coming for all three next week.

PS......NK 's only loss last year came when we were a gingerbread man down and was not without controversy.

Watched the last 10 of the 1st and whole 2nd half of this game, when cliff tied it, it sure looked like they were going to win it and pushed hard as it was three points or bust for them, Hrvat dedicates themselves to counter for nearly the last 30 minutes of the game, good win for them, but let's just say tht Cliff showed some real balls going for the three points instead of sitting back nursing the one point (which would have been a golden point for them). Entertaining game and Hrvat generated clearer scoring opps and buried their chances. Things get very tough for Cliff here on in, but they could still take Chile for that 5th spot as they have 3 games in hand. It's going to be an exciting finish for teams 1-7.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army 9 Metro Ford Primo 0

Primo showed up with 7 players. Frustrating I'm sure for the 7 Primo players who worked hard and showed a great deal of class throughout the match. Also frustrating for the Army who were hoping for a good match. Full credit to the Primo lads who never quit.

Really frustrating part was the potential situation that in the end never transpired. Due to the league policy the referee said before the game that he would not have allowed any late arrivals for Primo to play until after half time (in the end they never arrived anyway). I tried unsuccessfully to talk him into allowing them to play if they arrived. While I understand that there are reasons behind the implementation of the rule by the league, it seems ridiculous for a team to play short when even their opponents are asking for the players to be allowed to play.

Onwards to a rather large matchup with the Hurricanes, fresh off their huge win over the Olympics, next Saturday night.

Looking forward to it, Nobby. :D :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk that was very big three points for you boys. Nice to see that you did it against Cliff.
That gets Cliff in to a very tough tree games they have left. Wao from the start of the season to this.

Ax2-Y

Nov 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we havent won in 5 weeks. we used to be so good too... :'(

huge game against sikh temple next weekend.

2 games left against sporting and one against romania. if we cant win those 3 we dont deserve to be in div.1 plain and simple.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple
Sporting Club
FC Romania "A"
Metro Ford Primo
Bombastic SC 'A'
IFC Polonia
GN Sporting Club "A"
Green Devils FC 'A'
Wickham FC 'A'

These are the teams being relegated! Only Sikh has a prayer but Chile will beat Metro Ford which will put them ten up on Sikh who will then need to win four out of five which seems highly unlikely. Of course Chile might also beat Punjab which would end all debate. And with Cliff playing Sporting twice and Romania once things look truly bleak for Sikh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0