Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

salov

Jun 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree. We (Binger's) played Cliff twice and both games were tight despite the 2-0 scoreline, especially the game last weekend. Looked like a pretty well organized and well coached squad to me. I was a bit surprised to see a couple of their subs come on when the game was still 1-0 but their M.O. is probably to spread minutes around, similar to us. Not even sure how a coach can "choke" but I'd bank on them to get some results down the stretch. If the Chile game was anything like ours Cliff's skill guys might have been too busy watching for ridiculous elbows or driving their guys to the hospital to take the game over.

In other news, good clean game against NK last night. Congrats to Watcher and co. for fulfilling the 'Eastside Prophecy.' Look forward to renewing the rivalry next year. Unfortunately we'll probably have to wait for the Imperial Cup as they will have run the table for promotion and we'll still be toiling away in Div 1.

Anything could happen any given day in any game , Anyone could easily steel points from the top 2 teams too, and make it real interesting to the end. There’s still a lot of soccer to be played, we already saw a top team lose to a bottom team, what else dose this season have in store for us?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a feeling that NK's new training sessions have helped them these past few weeks. Last week a close loss to Hurricanes and this week a win over Bingers Army. Rumour has it that Hrvat has been practicing with some old timers from the Coaches league?:eek:

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything could happen any given day in any game , Anyone could easily steel points from the top 2 teams too, and make it real interesting to the end. There’s still a lot of soccer to be played, we already saw a top team lose to a bottom team, what else dose this season have in store for us?

Yeah Salov, that's true. I don't think there's much between the top six teams in 1B. I'm still not sure how Punjab can run all over us one week and lose 1-0 to Romania the next, but I guess that proves your point.

Boss, previous post was not implying we have skill guys. I think we do but the point was our game vs. Chile was chippy and Cliff's skilled guys might have been thrown off. Didn't intend it as a brain teaser but I'll consider it an added bonus.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eastside Prophecy...........Classic!

Thanks for the congrats. It has been a long wait to get a point never mind three points in a game against Bingers. There were games over the years where I thought we were going to get it done only to have things go south on us. Thats what made the ejection in the first game so maddening. As our game plan seemed to be working.

Sunday night was f&?%$#ing cold. NK took the lead with a point blank header by Salov after a great second effort cross by Nico. Bingers goalie had a strong game and was probably the man of the match. He had no chance on NKs. winner with 8 minutes to play after Bingers tied it with 15 remaining.

Run the table maybe promotion highly unlikely.

They said we couldnt do it
Beat a team in the top four
We knew we could however
All we had to do was score

Now thats been accomplished
We set our sights on other goals
Like laying the boots to Chile
Those unsportsmanlike assholes

Okay maybe thats a little strong
But if you played them you would see
They lack a certain class
Unlike the locomotive of div one b

The coal is getting shovelled
The steam is spewing out the spout
The Imperial Cup is neering
For those of you who doubt

The Train it will be chugging
On all cylinders in time
To meet their destination
The mountain they will climb

The tracks are all being laid
It feels like destiny
The glory that awaits.......
Hrvat forever Yebem Te

salov

Jun 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Salov, that's true. I don't think there's much between the top six teams in 1B. I'm still not sure how Punjab can run all over us one week and lose 1-0 to Romania the next, but I guess that proves your point.

Boss, previous post was not implying we have skill guys. I think we do but the point was our game vs. Chile was chippy and Cliff's skilled guys might have been thrown off. Didn't intend it as a brain teaser but I'll consider it an added bonus.

WOW just heard from a little bird that Punjab fall again this time to Sikh. 3-1 Sikh

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3 Punjab Hurricanes 1

The hurricanes had possiosion for rmajority of the game, but their chances fell by the way side and just ended in frustration on their end. The hurricanes missed a Pk in the the early minutes of the second half which really proved to be the turning point.

All in all a good three points for Temple. It sets up some interesting matches ahead.

iLike2Win

Nov 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched that game, punjab got quite unlucky on a number of occasions and failed to score a number of quality chances, at worst they deserved to tie, temple definitely rose up to the occasion netting the first goal on a solid header off a great cross, taking advantage of some poor marking. Was 1-1 at half.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 3 Punjab Hurricanes 1

The hurricanes had possiosion for rmajority of the game, but their chances fell by the way side and just ended in frustration on their end. The hurricanes missed a Pk in the the early minutes of the second half which really proved to be the turning point.

All in all a good three points for Temple. It sets up some interesting matches ahead.

Wow, I must say that's a surprising win, I hear you guys brought in a few of the youngins, must be paying off. Looking forward to catching next weeks game against Binger's assuming it doesn't get cancelled.

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heart combined with a strong "full" well-coached compliment of players last nite.

The result Temple 3 Canes 1.

Well done boys!

iLike2Win

Nov 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to both sides, as I'm sure if you talked to either team or anyone from it, they would probably agree that the game should of ended in a draw, as the way Temple won it wasn't pretty and a very unfortunate error. But full credit to Temple don't want to take anything away from them.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh 3 Punjab 1

Me oh My.........What a turn of events

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

What do you mean? This is standard procedure for Punjab. Great start. Weather gets cold. Mittens come out. Players disinterested. Losses start. Heads go down. Train derailed.

They've done this 3 seasons in a row. Is this the fourth?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For fcuks sake 6'5" what are you dragging NK into this for? There hasn't been any derailment far as I can tell...rethink your weak analogies and use "the Hurricanes get downgraded into a Tropical Storm" or "The Eye of the Hurricanes has been poked"...something along those lines...All this time I thought you were better than this. Sheesh :D

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean? This is standard procedure for Punjab. Great start. Weather gets cold. Mittens come out. Players disinterested. Losses start. Heads go down. Train derailed.

They've done this 3 seasons in a row. Is this the fourth?

Agreed. Season is long not the first 8 games, players deciding what games to play rather than just playing. Thats why the results vary as seen.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher that is uncalled from you to call Chile guys assholes. That is your own opinion. Not the rest of us. Sure they might have a guy that likes to go through with his cheks.
For most parts I know the guys. They just play mens soccer. There will be no easy wins.
It is all about shape. You know your self if you lack shape you tend to do fulish things during the game. They will be tougher to play than Binger's and you will have to come with all your guns to get three points.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher that is uncalled from you to call Chile guys assholes. That is your own opinion. Not the rest of us. Sure they might have a guy that likes to go through with his cheks.
For most parts I know the guys. They just play mens soccer. There will be no easy wins.
It is all about shape. You know your self if you lack shape you tend to do fulish things during the game. They will be tougher to play than Binger's and you will have to come with all your guns to get three points.

Wow, thanks for the life saver mr. base, appreciate the level headed perspectve for the two guys talking out of their ass on behalf of the board. I think every team has a guy or two that play on the edge, and sometimes those guys tend to cross a line when under pressure or due to lack of fitness, but to call an entire team assholes, I agree totally uncalled for, and as for Gloucester Boy, please... to say we sent guys to the hospital and leaving it open to iterpretation is totally irresponsible from your part dude, from what I recall, the elbow came up and caught the Binger's guy on the eye brow, which is very easy to cut open, there was no ill intent and the ref rewarded with a yellow.

This past weekend, one of our guys got his ankle broken on a tackle, for me to get up here and say, the Cliff guys are assholes and watchout cause you need to worry about driving your guys to the hospital would be an ASENINE comment...during chippy games (or not so chippy games) sometimes shite happens and it's unfortunate that people get hurt, if you are going to drop bombs here, make sure you explain things in their entirety and let people make up their own minds, I don't think anyone on Cliff or on Chile is out there to intentionally hurt people, it's a fast game and sometimese the unfortunate happens, move on and don't bad mouth a team cause you personally dislike them.

As far as the assholes comment from the fellow with the rhymes, just cause we don't post here much, doesn't mean we are not reading. See you on Saturday!

PD

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now thats been accomplished
We set our sights on other goals
Like laying the boots to Chile
Those unsportsmanlike assholes

Okay maybe thats a little strong

It rhymed with goals. I'm sure they are great guys. Some of our guys know some of them from the spanish league and said they are alright. Plus I said immediately it was a little strong. Just taking a piss.:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0