Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only a couple of games before the break, let's see how many are in the giving spirit...

salov

Jun 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big games this weekend in group B. Can Sikh beat Punjab or Chile beat Cliff, also Hrvat vs Bingers will be a good match, Can Romania take points away from Olympics they did with Punjab, and what about Sporting vs Metro.
Watcher were are you? Oh yeah Regs that was priceless.

salov

Jun 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my predictions

FC Romania vs. Vancouver Olympics, no brainier Olympics by 5. 6-1 Olympics

NK Hrvat vs. Binger's Army, tough match but this time NK win in the final minute. 1-0 NK

Cliff Avenue vs. Chile, Chile finds away. 1-0 Chile

Sporting vs. Metro-Ford, Metro takes advantage of a hurting sporting club 2 nothin.

Sikh vs. Punjab, Punjab takes this game but won't count out Sikh cause they still got something to prove. 3-0 Punjab

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a DIV1 post correct? Not just Div 1 B post. As such, post for the entire division:

IFC Polonia A good team that'll battle hard! 3-1
Bombastic SC ‘A’

Rich FC Olympics 'A'
Serbian White Eagles

Akal FC We can hope they lose but they'll score and sit back and protect. Boo:knvb:
Green Devils FC 'A'

Lobbans FC Only cause Mits jumped ship to them. 3-2
GN Sporting Club

Westside Rino ‘A’ Westside is a good team and should get all 3! 2-0
Wickham FC 'A'

andDiv b

FC Romania “A”
Vancouver Olympics No upset here! 6-1

NK Hrvat
Binger's Army NK get a bad ref and are missing all 11 starters, lose 3-1.:eek:

Cliff Avenue United Although chili get the early lead, they lose 2-1.
Estrella de Chile “A"

Sporting Club Why not, 3-2
Metro-Ford Primo

Sikh Temple
Punjab Hurricanes Might get promo, if the don't choke like last year!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile will beat Cliff. Reece can not do it alone.Chile is to strong for Cliff in the middle.
Nk vs Binger this time NK will win two to one.
Two punjabi sides will tie.
Greeks will smoke the other club. Rest I am not sure. Salov you got to do it this time.

salov

Jun 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IFC Polonia A good team that'll battle hard! but lose 1-0
Bombastic SC ‘A’

Rich FC Olympics 'A'
Serbian White Eagles, 2-1 Eagles

Akal FC
Green Devils FC 'A', 2-1 Green Devils

Lobbans FC
GN Sporting Club 3-2 GN Sporting

Westside Rino ‘A’ , 2-0
Wickham FC 'A'

THERE ARE YOU NOW HAPPY DEVO

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - Richmond 1

Huge win for us today against a good Richmond team. We were missing 6 starters but the guys that were there played very well. Richmond got off to a flying start scoring in the second minute on a mistake by our keeper and I believe Animal scored on the play. They had some more chances after that but couldnt capitalize. We then started playing some really good soccer and got the equalizer on a giveaway by one of their d-men and made it 1-1. About 10 mins later we went up 2-1 on a rebound off a corner with about 15 left in the first half. Second half Richmond pressured but didnt find the tying goal. This was probably our biggest win of the season and are now 1 point up them again.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile vs. Cliff 0-0.. from what I saw Chile deserved all three points.I only saw from 30 minutes onward, so I could be wrong.Either way,I think that pretty much sums up their season...

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah 2-1 Nk but it could've gone the other way.

Was a good battle today and as mentioned either team could have grabbed the points. NK opened the scoring in the first half on a well taken header. We got one back with 15 minutes to go, only to have NK answer with about 7 to go on a nice shot that went in off the inside of the post. In the end both teams missed some good chances but the Train buried one more than we did.

Clifford

Nov 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile vs. Cliff 0-0.. from what I saw Chile deserved all three points.I only saw from 30 minutes onward, so I could be wrong.Either way,I think that pretty much sums up their season...

I saw 25 minutes of the game as well and agree Chile out played Cliff and deserved the 3 points. Some news I heard recently is that since Cliff's coach (Harry's bro - Raj) left the team over a month ago. The new guy
can't get results against the top teams. He chokes and can't handle the pressure!

Unlucky Cliff looked very strong early in the season on to compete for a spot to move up......bad move to bring in new coach.

Great result for NK - saw some of this game and NK was just to good on this night! Looks like the punjabs and Van O will battle to the end now.

Still a 3 team battle in 1A - Akal, Serbia and Richmond....Akal score 5 goals - did they pick up a striker...Strong win by Serbia to keep them tight in race to promotion.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clifford I think you got it all wrong. Raj lef due to his kids playing all over the place. New coach is Gio Valente. Gio has ice cold vains. There is no way he chokes. You are as good as the team you have. Maybe Roj figured it out and lef on time. Gio is fine and he knows how to coach. He just needs three guys that will work their buts of in the middle. You know that is hard to get. He has two he needs three more.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw 25 minutes of the game as well and agree Chile out played Cliff and deserved the 3 points. Some news I heard recently is that since Cliff's coach (Harry's bro - Raj) left the team over a month ago. The new guy
can't get results against the top teams. He chokes and can't handle the pressure!

Unlucky Cliff looked very strong early in the season on to compete for a spot to move up......bad move to bring in new coach.

Great result for NK - saw some of this game and NK was just to good on this night! Looks like the punjabs and Van O will battle to the end now.

Still a 3 team battle in 1A - Akal, Serbia and Richmond....Akal score 5 goals - did they pick up a striker...Strong win by Serbia to keep them tight in race to promotion.

I would say Cliff is VERY WELL coached, not to say anything about their previous coach, but they look like an extremely organized side that plays to their strengths and tactically alters their attack to suit the flow of the game. For example, when the Chile midfield simply took the ball over, they adjusted very well to a counter formation which in a 3 or 4 minute span with about 10 minutes to go almost potted them a goal. I saw no panic from Cliff or their bench, they are patient and play the game well. For me their coaching has nothing to do with where they are, which is not a bad spot from where Chile is looking.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree. We (Binger's) played Cliff twice and both games were tight despite the 2-0 scoreline, especially the game last weekend. Looked like a pretty well organized and well coached squad to me. I was a bit surprised to see a couple of their subs come on when the game was still 1-0 but their M.O. is probably to spread minutes around, similar to us. Not even sure how a coach can "choke" but I'd bank on them to get some results down the stretch. If the Chile game was anything like ours Cliff's skill guys might have been too busy watching for ridiculous elbows or driving their guys to the hospital to take the game over.

In other news, good clean game against NK last night. Congrats to Watcher and co. for fulfilling the 'Eastside Prophecy.' Look forward to renewing the rivalry next year. Unfortunately we'll probably have to wait for the Imperial Cup as they will have run the table for promotion and we'll still be toiling away in Div 1.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Chile game was anything like ours Cliff's skill guys might have been too busy watching for ridiculous elbows or driving their guys to the hospital to take the game over.

So are you implying that Binger's actually has skilled guys?? I didn't think these players existed with a kick and run philosophy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0