Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
GFC 0-2 Bingers.

We were 1-0 down in under a minute from a great passing team goal. We didn't even touch the ball before I picked it out! Either a lovely finish into the top corner, or a bit of a slice... 2-0 down after 10 mins or less... Another well worked goal from the army.

Gotta say, Bingers were a good side, but they also seemed like good blokes. Played the game with the right spirit. Was a fun game, even tho we never had a sniff. Good to see another small side like us going well. Their pacey winger was a nightmare

The real sour note, another broken GFC bone. Our good left winger broke his arm when he fell awkwardly. I think we need to start downing pints of milk rather than beer... 5 broken limbs in a few weeks is pretty rough.

Good game on the whole

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gastown is a nice bunch, would like to see them stay up. I much prefer going to Livingston then newton athletic on Friday nights.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 4 Sarajevo 1
As one of there long time players said before the game we always sabotage them.
No portapotty at van tech as it was set on fire

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach there is trees, stick in the three. It's east side. No problem. Game between Camobaso and Bingers was so so tonight. Lots of running very little done. Score was one one. Ref head off knight. AR's did a good job. Ref missed few fauls and hand balls and gave Bingers PK for no reason. Good thing shooter did not know how to shoot a PK. Both sides lack finish.
Hitting a target was a problem for both clubs. Campo Baso needs to add a player or two to stay in div one. Big guy on the Bingers with proper coaching could spoil fun for few teams. He looks like Peter Crouch. Fun to watch. Cooky still plays well.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
GFC 0 - 3 Hibernians. They were just too strong for us. Definitely one of the better sides we've played this season. Had quality all over the park, especially on the flanks (left in particular). GFC goal led a charmed life in 1st half - crossbar, a lot of misses and a couple good stops. 0-0 at half. Hibs took the lead early in the second half from a decent cross and side-foot volley from 8 yards.

A silly red for GFC came shortly after. The ref, who loves confrontation and generally feeling important, i think sent him off for swearing - not sure though, he wouldn't tell me after full time - which i found bizarre. After that, we definitely had no chance against a better, numerically superior side. Had two more headers scored before the full time whistle.

Can't complain about being outdone by a better side. Thought the ref wanted a bit too much of the limelight, although the red was probably just about justified. Although saying 'f**k off' as you walk away isn't the worst crime in the world. oh well. Hibs were a good side, and good lads - lovely spirit. I think they'll go far.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although saying 'f**k off' as you walk away isn't the worst crime in the world.

Not the worst crime if you're screaming it at the ref ANYWHERE but at the soccer pitch…like maybe the dog park, or the steam room, or Wreck Beach. Doing so at an actual soccer game that your team is participating in will get you exactly what you got.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
although the red was probably just about justified.

Not probably just about...it WAS justified. Learn to respect the refs Jackie. Regardless if he wants to be in the limelight or not, well actually he probably deserves to be in the limelight more than you guys anyways. Waste of space in Div 1.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach you should have told the Sarajevo guys that playing in div two is way more fun for all the working guys. Most have kids have very little time to practice. To stay in div 1 as you do practice twice a week is a must.
Give Trace a guy or two or he will for ever stay in Div three.
SmartCoach youth soccer is totaly frucked. All the gold kids are playiong silver soccer now. Winning games and thinking pro contracts are coming ther way. Some clubs have five broze teams. And they think that those kids will play in Div two. Trace gets the kids from youth. Those boys are four years from playing Div two soccer.
Bronze kids are seven years away from playinfg in div two with a good coach and a good program.. Watchers kid is a goog player. Nk guys give him run around. He would fit well on your U21.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not probably just about...it WAS justified. Learn to respect the refs Jackie. Regardless if he wants to be in the limelight or not, well actually he probably deserves to be in the limelight more than you guys anyways. Waste of space in Div 1.

Played 9, won 1. Don't call the engravers just yet, Stringer.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I prefer Nancy to Jackie

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Curry Bowl this friday night at Newton with GN playing Akal, 2 teams fighting relegation. Anyways, with CCBRTU playing there as well for a total of 3 indian teams in one place at one time, i would highly advise anyone that doesnt like the smell of "thurka" to stay away or proceed with caution....BALLE BALLE

Nancy(jackie) you going to make it out and watch??

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach young man by the naime Niegel Pickering from your part of town can play dam good ball. Should be called out for U21 games.He plays full out like the old Hud.
O smartCoach I head the biggest lough today. We played West side kids and lost a very close game one zip. Young ref spoke with Klinks acsent.
But that was not funny. As we always stood for a minute of silece every Saturday and Sunday before November 11. I was stunned to see that no standing in silance was done a Klink in the midle of the Park I could not get over it. On top of It we scored a goal 5 seconds after the goal was scored he called the goal off.
That young man should have been told to stop the game for a minute. Those old guys running the Vancouver refs should go to Legion as we do every so often to see what went on. I see you are kicking but latley. I need a kid or two everysince clubs united there is no way you can win as a small club. Not enough kids at that level.
I will be back in VMSL next year It will be fun coaching agaist you guys again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0