Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
More basement battling (no homo) this afternoon. GFC or GN to get their first win of the season? The title race is already a bit tedious if you ask me...

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics 3-2 over Richmond. Lucky deflection, could have been better defended, for first Van goal. Lino behind the play missed the offside which led to their second. Rmd came back to tie, typical grit from Caddy. Zavarase scored the winner bending one from 30yds

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, RFC, had themselves to blame......they had many more good chances than Olympics but couldn't finish when required.....a deflection, a questionable offside and a 35 yard dipping shot(took very well)...I don't recall the Richmond keeper making a save in the game but 3 points is 3 points.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-3 at the bottom of the table. Gastown earning a well deserved point with the last kick of the game. GFC the better side against a fairly underhand GN. If we could cut the errors out, we might survive. That and keeping 11 men on the field...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Ayjal and Hibs staying on 18 it opens the door just a crack...

Rinos MUST have all 3 points Sunday to argue they belong anywhere close to the promotion race. Shaheen are no push overs, expecting a cracker.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also just want to add, everyone remember to enjoy your football - thats what its all about. We've had two broken ankles/legs in the space of 6 days here at GFC. You don't realise how great the game is until you can't play it.

Get well soon Gabs and Matt.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to here that. btw, what kind of surface were these games played on?

Both games on turf, and both fairly innocuous, especially last nights. Matty rolled his ankle to the point where he broke a bone in his ankle and the base of the tibia.

Another broken bone today, one of our midfielders got trucked by a runt of a Surrey centre-half in the CAT game. Broken wrist. He knew what he was trying to do, unnecessarily hard hit - the shitbag.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both games on turf, and both fairly innocuous, especially last nights. Matty rolled his ankle to the point where he broke a bone in his ankle and the base of the tibia.

Another broken bone today, one of our midfielders got trucked by a runt of a Surrey centre-half in the CAT game. Broken wrist. He knew what he was trying to do, unnecessarily hard hit - the shitbag.

Dont come on here looking for sympathy pal. You guys must have one of the worst teams in Div. 1 for unnecessary plays. I watched the game against GN and first of all, one of your players behind the play kicks a GN player in the chest after the ball is long gone and the GN player retaliates and both get yellows by the ref. Unnecessary or no? Second of all, the red card was the most blatant attempt at breaking a guys ankle i have seen in a while and then your sideline is yapping about it and you are going to come on here and say enjoy your football?? Fcuk off wanker.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont come on here looking for sympathy pal. You guys must have one of the worst teams in Div. 1 for unnecessary plays. I watched the game against GN and first of all, one of your players behind the play kicks a GN player in the chest after the ball is long gone and the GN player retaliates and both get yellows by the ref. Unnecessary or no? Second of all, the red card was the most blatant attempt at breaking a guys ankle i have seen in a while and then your sideline is yapping about it and you are going to come on here and say enjoy your football?? Fcuk off wanker.

Not really after sympathy, mate - but I appreciate the sentiment.

Not really sure about which kick in the chest you're referring to either... I don't think we can be referred to as dirty, or overtly physical. The front man that got sent off put in a stupid attempt to charge down a clearance as we were chasing the game (Joe Cole v Arsenal on his Liverpool debut, if you need a comparison). It wasn't high, it was late, he had already been booked. An obvious second yellow... Most obvious attempt to break an ankle you've seen? Do me a favour.

Long and the short of it, play hard, but play fair - same with all sports. And, as per my original post, enjoy your football while you can, cos injuries are a bitch.

boparai2

Oct 15, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-3 at the bottom of the table. Gastown earning a well deserved point with the last kick of the game. GFC the better side against a fairly underhand GN. If we could cut the errors out, we might survive. That and keeping 11 men on the field...
LOL ahah i watched this game and you guys were not the better side half of ur team cant even control the ball...GN missed an open net which would of resulted in a 2-0 lead and ended the game right there. GN missed more clear cut chances and it seemed like the ref had a gastown jersey on underneath giving u guys any call and on top of that giving u guys a pk for no reason. i wouldnt get ahead of urself and say u guys might survive jabrnoi

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL ahah i watched this game and you guys were not the better side half of ur team cant even control the ball...GN missed an open net which would of resulted in a 2-0 lead and ended the game right there. GN missed more clear cut chances and it seemed like the ref had a gastown jersey on underneath giving u guys any call and on top of that giving u guys a pk for no reason. i wouldnt get ahead of urself and say u guys might survive jabrnoi

They did miss one great chance. More or less an open goal after a good pull back. Missed another cos their lump of a centre forward couldn't use his left (had a cracking right though). As for the pen and decisions, the ref bottled it by not sending the man off for the pen. If you give the decision, the last man has to go, especially if the attacker is already trying to shoot - same as what happened to us against Ajyal.

As for getting ahead of myself, if you're going to be a pedant, at least learn to read properly. "Might survive" means exactly that, its possible. We need to beat two other teams - as we have seen already, Campobasso, GN and Akal are not up to much...

In the words and actions of Triple H: *grabs crotch with both hands* suck it, Rock.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the story from the Bingers - Ayjal game?

Big GK..?
The story was it was extremely foggy. Ajyal scores first in the 20th minute when the veteran army keeper misjudged a through ball and is well finished curling one in from a hard angle. Army equalize in the 70th minute off a corner. Soon after Ajyal gets a second yellow and the army get the winner off another corner in the 80th. I think Ayjal had a few yellows as well so they might have a few guys suspended soon. Army defense was strong in the second half I likely had more to do at RFC Olympics game being called out from the stands to drive the goalie to the hospital on Saturday then the second half Friday night.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to RFC/Ayjal this weekend. :) It appears that Ayjal can't deal with corners very well.......something for RFC to work on in training this week. The Olympics was another team vulnerable on the corner but RFC didn't really have any set pattern to what they were doing on the corners and look awkward especially since they had so many corners.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for getting ahead of myself, if you're going to be a pedant, at least learn to read properly. "Might survive" means exactly that, its possible. We need to beat two other teams - as we have seen already, Campobasso, GN and Akal are not up to much...

In the words and actions of Triple H: *grabs crotch with both hands* suck it, Rock.

Nice try Nancy, but you need to beat three other teams to avoid relegation. So far you have played the three most likely teams and walked away with a whopping 2 points. GN at least have taken points off Shaheen and Binger's which gives them some credibility in the division.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice try Nancy, but you need to beat three other teams to avoid relegation. So far you have played the three most likely teams and walked away with a whopping 2 points. GN at least have taken points off Shaheen and Binger's which gives them some credibility in the division.

Nancy? Good one.

I was under the impression that only two go down this year due to the reformatting of the vmsl?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Utah.....I was trying to make a point about what look like a lack of practicing 'corners'. It's really about angles......and corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0