Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LessThanABuck

Nov 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
akal and romania got cancelled, rumour has it the ref did not allow the teams to play because of the pitch condition

Gross understatement from what I heard and saw. Akal short on bodies when their coached pointed out a small frosty patch in the bottom left corner of the field.

Pathetic compared to Winskill Turf Friday night for SDFCvSHAHEEN. A joke when you consider Akal played there last week, 100% covered in frost. They were lucky they got a ref that didn't want to be there.

blade

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given that we all saw the youth player slip and smack his head off the turf and get carried off 20 minutes before kickoff, I would suggest that your comments are the gross understatement. "In the sun all day" - I guess you have never played at South Memorial before and never noticed he forest behind the goal that shades that entire part of the field. The field was cover in white frost in the entire 18 and corners which = frozen, bozo. Do you think we drove all the way from Surrey so that we could turn around and come home due to numbers? Do you even know how many players we had today? Most of your players agreed with the decision regarding the field if you had bothered to stick around to listen. If you think that we were frightened by the match up and hoped to postpone it you are flattering yourself. You need to check your idiotic opinions at the door and get your facts straight before posting your nonsense.

Last edited:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Made sure my schedule was free to take in the Div 1 wonder kids at Musqeum this afternoon. I have to say I was impressed. The team has some quality footballers, not only in skill, but in size and strength. It was a fairly even game, but Guildford showed their quality. They were content to let Westside have the ball and look to counter quickly. The Westsiders had moments and several good build ups, but no real attacking threats. Anytime they looked dangerous the Guildford keeper seemed to pop up with the ball.

For their part, Guildford created more chances. That being said the "quality" of some of the chances was bolstered by the oooh-ing and ahhh-ing of their sideline. It really came down to the Surrey boys being clinical with their looks at goal. They opened the scoring less than 10 minutes in when their left winger got wrong side of the full back and controlled a through ball on his first touch and added a sumptuous half-volley finish with his second. Guildford's second goal came off a nice headed corner, although it appeared to literally go through the Westside defender on the post.

That was it mostly, Guildford just looked damn good doing it. Despite my trepidation about them being a first year team in the division, they have some experienced players and, most importantly, they know how to win. A championship pedigree that, if they can avoid the pratfalls of a scrappy division, should see them playing in the top flight next season. If they can keep this group together, trim the fat a little bit (there were definitely a few passengers in the squad) and maybe reign in their screaming coach I could honestly see them challenging for a Provincial cup in 3 or 4 years time. Best of luck to them.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo 1-0 Columbus

What's the story with Sarajevo?

Last week it was Sarajevo 1-1 Guildford...

Stuffey

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given that we all saw the youth player slip and smack his head off the turf and get carried off 20 minutes before kickoff, I would suggest that your comments are the gross understatement. "In the sun all day" - I guess you have never played at South Memorial before and never noticed he forest behind the goal that shades that entire part of the field. The field was cover in white frost in the entire 18 and corners which = frozen, bozo. Do you think we drove all the way from Surrey so that we could turn around and come home due to numbers? Do you even know how many players we had today? Most of your players agreed with the decision regarding the field if you had bothered to stick around to listen. If you think that we were frightened by the match up and hoped to postpone it you are flattering yourself. You need to check your idiotic opinions at the door and get your facts straight before posting your nonsense.

Don't think less than a buck plays for Romania champ, get your facts straight etc etc

hornswoggle

Nov 2, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Made sure my schedule was free to take in the Div 1 wonder kids at Musqeum this afternoon. I have to say I was impressed. The team has some quality footballers, not only in skill, but in size and strength. It was a fairly even game, but Guildford showed their quality. They were content to let Westside have the ball and look to counter quickly. The Westsiders had moments and several good build ups, but no real attacking threats. Anytime they looked dangerous the Guildford keeper seemed to pop up with the ball.

For their part, Guildford created more chances. That being said the "quality" of some of the chances was bolstered by the oooh-ing and ahhh-ing of their sideline. It really came down to the Surrey boys being clinical with their looks at goal. They opened the scoring less than 10 minutes in when their left winger got wrong side of the full back and controlled a through ball on his first touch and added a sumptuous half-volley finish with his second. Guildford's second goal came off a nice headed corner, although it appeared to literally go through the Westside defender on the post.

That was it mostly, Guildford just looked damn good doing it. Despite my trepidation about them being a first year team in the division, they have some experienced players and, most importantly, they know how to win. A championship pedigree that, if they can avoid the pratfalls of a scrappy division, should see them playing in the top flight next season. If they can keep this group together, trim the fat a little bit (there were definitely a few passengers in the squad) and maybe reign in their screaming coach I could honestly see them challenging for a Provincial cup in 3 or 4 years time. Best of luck to them.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were the 5 Prem players transferred from Pacific United or something (coincides with the recent run of PU)?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Hmm..yea reading that back it was missing my usual subtleties...though I was serious on a few aspects.

To clarify:
  1. Wonder kids was absolutely meant to be in "quotes"
  2. I was actually impressed by them
  3. What impressed me was less their skill, more their effectiveness and mentality
  4. Their sideline can be rather "enthusiastic" at times (actually most of the time...)
  5. I think we can all agree they are a promotion favourite?? (Obviously 2 games with ND will go a long way to deciding who goes up)
  6. By "championship pedigree" I simply mean they know how to win, which is hard to instill in a group and is large part a psychology thing
  7. I DO NOT think they are better than Columbus (or any team in Prem....save Rinos...)
  8. I DO NOT think they will challenge for the Imperial cup etc. this season or catch Columbus for the league title
  9. I DO think they have a pretty decent foundation to build a winning team around....but its a 3 to 4 to 5 year process which is an absolute eternity in amateur football. No idea if they have the patience or commitment to pull it off
  10. Their "coach" is stark raving mad
My praise for them was in no way meant to be as gag-inducing as it may have come off. Thought they were good, not that much better Westside for skill, but they just seemed to have those winning intangibles. That was all I was trying to emphasize.

I will try and thaw out before posting next time I submit a match report ;)

Jrozz14

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I too was able to take the time to watch the game Westside Vs. Guildford. I'm sure all the other teams were facing the same issue of playing on frost covered fields as temperatures dropped pretty low that night. To add a little bit on to the game, both teams played with intensity despite the weather conditions. The biggest question of the game was, "who had the stronger will to win the game." Mentality I believe, definitely played a huge roll in the game which really made things even more interesting when you could see how both teams were building more determination and focus on how they would plan their next attack. The "Wonder Kids", are quite wondrous when you think about it. I'm sure others out there disagree but what you have is a group of young men from ages 18-23 playing with each other who are playing against highly respected teams of the league. We all have witnessed that their coach can be quite lively with certain situations but when you watch how Guildford reacts, they retaliate by pushing themselves even harder. It may not be the most ethical way but, I believe these players work hard for where they stand today. Who knows where they will land this year, remaining in Div 1 or possibly moving forward. Every game they play, they learn from experienced players and continue to give all of the team momentum to train harder so that they may be ready to come back with their own skill. As I was waiting for the game to start, I overheard Guildford's coach telling them how, "Westside is a hard working, experienced team and they are not to be messed with, they will come at you hard so no matter how hard it gets, fight back with 110%". To sum it up, the game was an amazing and exciting one to watch and I can't wait to see how the standings will look next week.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm..yea reading that back it was missing my usual subtleties...though I was serious on a few aspects.

To clarify:
  1. Wonder kids was absolutely meant to be in "quotes"
  2. I was actually impressed by them
  3. What impressed me was less their skill, more their effectiveness and mentality
  4. Their sideline can be rather "enthusiastic" at times (actually most of the time...)
  5. I think we can all agree they are a promotion favourite?? (Obviously 2 games with ND will go a long way to deciding who goes up)
  6. By "championship pedigree" I simply mean they know how to win, which is hard to instill in a group and is large part a psychology thing
  7. I DO NOT think they are better than Columbus (or any team in Prem....save Rinos...)
  8. I DO NOT think they will challenge for the Imperial cup etc. this season or catch Columbus for the league title
  9. I DO think they have a pretty decent foundation to build a winning team around....but its a 3 to 4 to 5 year process which is an absolute eternity in amateur football. No idea if they have the patience or commitment to pull it off
  10. Their "coach" is stark raving mad
My praise for them was in no way meant to be as gag-inducing as it may have come off. Thought they were good, not that much better Westside for skill, but they just seemed to have those winning intangibles. That was all I was trying to emphasize.

I will try and thaw out before posting next time I submit a match report ;)

Interesting you think Guildford are better than a Prem team, which I assume you've never actually seen play?

Anyway enough about the "wonder kids". What's the mood in the Westside camp? 3 losses in 4 matches is a major slump, and their next 2 matches with Columbus and Binger's mean it's not going to get any easier for them. Those 2 matches have to be considered must-win or they'll likely be facing a 3rd consecutive year out of Premier.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont understand the hype around westside at any rate? No wins vs the "top" div 1 teams so far and frankly some other iffy results versus other teams mid pack. Don't see any reason why they are supposed to be getting promoted and clearly aren't close to it this year. Keep trying though. Its between bingers/guildford for that second spot

Trojan10

Nov 23, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND is most likely going to take the second spot... They were a blistering squad second half of last season and their college additons make them a very very deep team.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting you think Guildford are better than a Prem team, which I assume you've never actually seen play?

Anyway enough about the "wonder kids". What's the mood in the Westside camp? 3 losses in 4 matches is a major slump, and their next 2 matches with Columbus and Binger's mean it's not going to get any easier for them. Those 2 matches have to be considered must-win or they'll likely be facing a 3rd consecutive year out of Premier.

Yep mate you caught me. That was a definite piss take...kinda goes with the territory when you are having a win-less season no??

Anyway, just for the record I watched the first half of the absolute hiding your boys took at the hand of Pegasus at Trillium and I also saw you guys take another beat down at Livingston the other week this time by Surrey Utd. Obviously not your best two days I'm sure you've had better performances, but I can only go off the info I have available.

To that effect, yes I will stand behind my shout that I would put my money on Guildford if you played them in a competitive fixture. In fact I would go so far as to take any of the top four in Div 1....maybe not Bingers, but ND, Columbus, Guildford. I would LOVE to see Tigers v Westside just for the historic implications/rivalry. Who knows, perhaps the Imperial Cup draw will offer a chance to prove it one way or the other.

As for the Westsiders I have to agree with @Marcus it's tough to consider them a powerhouse when they can't take a single point off their promotion rivals. From what I have heard from their camp promotion wasn't really a make or break target this season, they've got a transition/rebuilding thing going and I think promotion is more of a stretch goal than an actual objective. Obviously they'll play for it right until the end, but I gather they want to be ready if/when they go up to avoid yo-yoing up and down.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep mate you caught me. That was a definite piss take...kinda goes with the territory when you are having a win-less season no??

Anyway, just for the record I watched the first half of the absolute hiding your boys took at the hand of Pegasus at Trillium and I also saw you guys take another beat down at Livingston the other week this time by Surrey Utd. Obviously not your best two days I'm sure you've had better performances, but I can only go off the info I have available.

So you just happened to watch the two most lopsided losses of the season... if there's any truth to that then please don't attend any more matches because you're clearly a jinx!

Anyway, if things continue on their current trajectory, you should enjoy the 2016 winter season because you'll get no less than 6 Westside/Rino's "rivalry" matches.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you just happened to watch the two most lopsided losses of the season... if there's any truth to that then please don't attend any more matches because you're clearly a jinx!

Anyway, if things continue on their current trajectory, you should enjoy the 2016 winter season because you'll get no less than 6 Westside/Rino's "rivalry" matches.

Just think how insane RL RCD will go if his doomsday prediction of 3 Rinos Div 1 teams comes to fruition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0