Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions - Dec 2004/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Morning Inspector,
Sorry but I am not the little blonde kid up front, he was one of our u21's
we haven't played I was one of the mainstays that was missing when my team played yours. It sounds like you are a competitive player and hopefully we will line up against eachother when our teams meet. what position do you play? depending on manning I will either be up front, or beside Leo {the tall skinny centre back} sweeping.
see you at the rescheduling.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blakey looks like a young Roger Daltrey in Manchester United pyjamas. You can't miss him, he should be playing with a Paul Parker action figure and he knows how to tell teammates to shut up in eight different languages.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardly fair Jinky. You caught me the once when I let rip on our Spaniard. I honestly thought he was Turkish at the time. But I have since mellowed ;)

Bazza, you sound like you're an incredible player with loads of confidence. :rolleyes: Can't wait for the rematch. Depending on how you cope with the two games against Wickham, ours could be a huge season ender. But should you only come away with 2 points or less out of the Wickham fixtures, then our game could be pointless :cool:

See you at Griffin Park this friday :)

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Inspector hopefully we will have a good show for you on Friday,
I hate the night games but at least its the same for each team.
Sounds like you have some fans of your own or is Jinky just living up to the web page name. anyways its all good.

tsedds

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Bazza, we don't need to score more than 3 goals to win a game so your point was moot!... The first time you guys played firemen you only put 2 past them

You guys can hardly score 2 goals in a game... consider the 3 versus Norvan in the first game a gift. As for the firemen... we took care of them quite easily in game 2 and the 8-1 score could easily have gone to double-digits. As bazza said before, we're a different team now and can't wait to play your team of "speedsters" when we're rescheduled.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your 2 cents tsedds! And many congrats to beating a Firemen team who look as though have thrown in the towel somewhat. You're right though, we normally don't score 3 or more in a game except for, well, we'll just leave it at that :eek: So thanks for the "gift", as you put it :rolleyes:

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gino said:
Inspector thats a harsh score for wickham beating PCOV. i think u r underestimating how good PCOV are and how bad wickhamreally are. before u predict i think u better know something about soccer!

Gino,
Your lucky your game against Wickham got cancelled this weekend. Otherwise you would have had a heck of a game.

Wickham probably played one of their worst games against PCOV first time around resulting in a draw. Your opinion is probably based on this game.
Otherwise you would have been happy to get away with 4-0 if not more.

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats great but might not be enough. The lost to the Lobbans might have cost you the season.

Ghost :D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers baz!! And a nice game to view. You guys exposed Wickham's weakest department(back-line), something we weren't able to do do on the day. Again, in my view #13 was your MOTM, yet he seems to never get the full 90-why? Full credit to you and the win. Wickham's backline is perhaps the worst in all of Div. 1, but the keeper, apart from last night,will and has, bailed them out a number of times! Your #10 was a bit suspect last night against a quicker front line than the one I saw him first play against. He'll get done against us. The long blonde haired kid had a great game. If you were the #15 then you have too much bark for your bite! :( It's going to be very interesting now. Thanks again for the win, but now I'll be hoping for a tie the next time you play Wickham. You do understand? ;)

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sup Insp. B. with regards to player numbers we change almost everygame so I am not sure who was playing with #13. as for why he got pulled I can't say other than we have too many good players that need to see the feild, its great to have a bench that is as strong as the starting line-up.
The long blond hair guy is Danny Muir, and he is quality, but so are the other 10 guys on the feild.
We felt through scouting that Wickams only threat was the big tall skinny guy up front, he has a lot of goals this year. Our plan was to shut him down, be tight at the back and leave it to our forwards to dismantle there back line which they did convincingly.
All in all it was a good game. Merry X-mas and see you in the New Year.
Oh yeah I was number 5 not number 15, I was in charge of just shutting down the big guy who got nothing all game.
Cheers

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Norvan on their win on the weekend. They came out strong and were the better side at the end of the night. However we will offer them a more challenging game next time around, I assure you that.

Inspector Blake said:
Wickham's backline is perhaps the worst in all of Div. 1,
I B, this is a bit too harsh, specially since we are 3rd in the division as far as goals against. Not everyone defends with 8 players in the box like you guys. ;)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry filini, you guys have a strong midfield along with your big up front who's more than a handful, but your keeper is the main reason why the goals against aren't bad-NOT your defense line. Norvan carved you guys apart and your keeper on the day couldn't help! We carved your defense apart, but just couldn't beat your keeper. If he(keeper)was to pick up an injury along the way, you guys would probably struggle. I think it's fair to say. With regards to your comment about us defending with 8 in the box, that was about as weak as your defensive line ;)

Merry X-Mas from I.B.

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Blake - unless you guys get at least one player who can put the ball in the net you have little hope of promotion. You generated chances versus Wickham all right, but blew a gasket on the pk by aiming for the trees and shot straight at the keeper when a gift was handed to your "striker" inside the 6. Yes the 6 - you won't find too many div. 1 strikers miss that. You defend well but there's more to the game than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0