Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Div 1 Cup

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Kaiser on the fact that your sidelines suffered from a severe lack of class, but that may not be a concern for you. You have a very strong team but true respect will come only when your entire organization, including your sidelines, handles itself with a bit more dignity.

In all honesty we usually have one of the quietest sidelines in the league. On this special occasion however, we happened to have the support of our CAT team who were fresh off their season ending victory over the Sporting Punjab Hurricanes, who featured the likes of Jotty, Gary B, and one of the twins. They may have gotten a touch carried away, but they kept the line clear for the assistant referee to see and weren't yelling obscenities, just some rambunctious piss taking.
If you want to talk about class, or lack thereof, how about your coach coming on to the field to tell our injured player that he wasn't fouled and was faking?

Anyway, it appears a new rivalry has been born.

Cheers,
Mr. Dezza

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 3 - 1 Binger's Army (Extra Time)

Great game yesterday evening, almost ruined by a horrible refereeing decision... The ref made a shocking peno call against us, on a 50-50 challenge that was possibly outside the box during injury time of a 1-1 game. Our keeper guessed right and saved it, and we pulled out the victory in extra time. Huge credit to the Binger's keeper as well, as he single-handedly kept Binger's in the game with countless saves on quality chances.

Another League Cup for us, as the core of our team won the Div 2 Cup in 2006. Looking forward to having a crack at the Imperial next season.

Why did you not enter the Imperial Cup? :confused: Division One teams can sometimes get a lucky run........like us I suppose........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Dezza
although you are a little confused you should none the less be congratulated for your cup win. I will agree with you that the penalty call at the end of regulation was one of the most shocking decisions I have seen in 15 seasons in the VMSL. It would have been wrong for the game to end with a goal on the resulting PK, and I believe the soccer gods intervened at this point.

However the red card in question was in the first half of OT. The original tackle was your #6 on our #32 which probably could have been given a yellow on its' own. This was followed by your #17 getting into the mix and being dragged out by our #23. How this came out to be a red for us and nothing for your chaps is a mystery.

I have to agree with Kaiser on the fact that your sidelines suffered from a severe lack of class, but that may not be a concern for you. You have a very strong team but true respect will come only when your entire organization, including your sidelines, handles itself with a bit more dignity.

Well said, Nobby. :)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why did you not enter the Imperial Cup? :confused: Division One teams can sometimes get a lucky run........like us I suppose........

Captain,
When we made the decision the team had played 2 games in a six week period, and guys were getting disengaged and not training consistently. What would be the point in going in Imperial and getting cnuted by a Prem team who trains hard 2-3 times a week? Even Peg who did the best of the Div 1 teams this year (Despite the piss takes, Indo is not a Div 1 team until next season) still got hammered by West Van.

I think the real question is why did teams like Wickham and Romania enter Imperial? :confused:

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and how the fcuk did Romania get a first round bye? :confused:

I think the Imperial Cup question can best be answered by the possibility of a Provincial Berth, unlikely or not. Looks like Serbian will be plugging it out again next year in Div 1A as Club Ireland enjoy the spoils of Premier. :(

Congrats to Rino!!!

Enjoy the summer folks and see you all next year!

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to talk about class, or lack thereof, how about your coach coming on to the field to tell our injured player that he wasn't fouled and was faking?

Nobody on our team thought that your guy was faking. In fact I do believe that because of his reckless challenge he did get hurt. However he definitely wasn't fouled . Our player had already finished passing the ball long before contact with your player who came in late. A shocking decision by the ref to give our guy a yellow on the play.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 1 cup was made for pussy teams with attitudes like this.

Teams like Wickham and Romania have it right.

Creating and participating in a Div 1 cup has only weakened the league as a whole. What's the point of playing in Div 1 if you don't have higher aspirations?
Captain,
When we made the decision the team had played 2 games in a six week period, and guys were getting disengaged and not training consistently. What would be the point in going in Imperial and getting cnuted by a Prem team who trains hard 2-3 times a week? Even Peg who did the best of the Div 1 teams this year (Despite the piss takes, Indo is not a Div 1 team until next season) still got hammered by West Van.

I think the real question is why did teams like Wickham and Romania enter Imperial? :confused:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 1 cup was made for pussy teams with attitudes like this.

Teams like Wickham and Romania have it right.

Creating and participating in a Div 1 cup has only weakened the league as a whole. What's the point of playing in Div 1 if you don't have higher aspirations?

The Div 1 Cup is what has weakened the league? Give me a break. The games we played in this competition were more competitive than 50% of our league games. If you want to look at what's weakening the league it's having good teams like Westside FC B stuck playing CAT.

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs its a waste of time, I am pretty sure it was the Westside reps that voted against dropping Premier down to 12 teams and then came up with such idiotic reasons why that Azzi was forced to call him a moron and tell him to shut up.

Although I don't understand why they would even care how many teams go up or come down when it is clear that they are content to stay in Div 1.

I would rather get pissed on by West Van than win the Div 1 cup.

Atleast they have sausages and pints afterwards.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs its a waste of time, I am pretty sure it was the Westside reps that voted against dropping Premier down to 12 teams and then came up with such idiotic reasons why that Azzi was forced to call him a moron and tell him to shut up.

Although I don't understand why they would even care how many teams go up or come down when it is clear that they are content to stay in Div 1.

I would rather get pissed on by West Van than win the Div 1 cup.

Atleast they have sausages and pints afterwards.

Actually, we would love to go up to Premier, but by Azzi's law Westside is only allowed to have one team in Prem. Right now that team is Westside FC (Rangers) and with the extra team dropping they ended up just scraping by in a relegation playoff. Was voting against dropping Premier to 12 teams self-serving? Absolutely. But if the league is going to try and fcuk us in the ass, why shouldn't we turn around and do the same thing right back?

Hope that you enjoy another season in Div 1. Keep chowin' on those West Van sausages.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'ld love to go up to Premier but you're too scared to play Imperial Cup?

That's clinical fcuking logic, innit?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'ld love to go up to Premier but you're too scared to play Imperial Cup?

That's clinical fcuking logic, innit?

Total rubbish Reg .After Westside rino lost its premiere spot two seasons ago we were left with some div1 cat & div 2 cat players no prem players or u21s they all left .we have been rebuilding and i am trying the best i can to get my players to excell .the core of our current div 1 stayed after we won div2 cup & provincial B cup .This year the div 1 cup.we have a goal of trying to get Rino back to prem . we will try imperial next season . I never duck a challenge .REG why not take the piss out teams that have a egos beyond there technical ability ?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Total rubbish? It was his fcuking logic, not mine, take it up with him.

And I wasn't the one who questioned 2 other teams for entering the Imperial Cup. Egos indeed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, boys, but if you're in division one, you should be entering the Imperial Cup. Is your goal at the start of every season to try and win the Provincials. :confused: For the sake of getting two more division one cup games, is it worth it? :confused: You could set up a couple of exhibition games to make these up. In the old days, when division two teams were allowed in the Imperial, it was a no brainer for us. You give it a go and hope you get a decent draw. If not, you have a go at the big guns. We all love having goes at big guns. :D

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, boys, but if you're in division one, you should be entering the Imperial Cup. Is your goal at the start of every season to try and win the Provincials. :confused: For the sake of getting two more division one cup games, is it worth it? :confused: You could set up a couple of exhibition games to make these up. In the old days, when division two teams were allowed in the Imperial, it was a no brainer for us. You give it a go and hope you get a decent draw. If not, you have a go at the big guns. We all love having goes at big guns. :D

Sorry to disappoint you captain but i don't always have luck with the angles .
Not to sure what are referring to big guns does this mean you are inadequately equipped ?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0