Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Div 1 Cup

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions anyone?

Burnaby Fury 'A' vs IFC Polonia 'A' - This one goes to PK'S

Sarajevo FC vs Westside Rino 'A' - Rino wins easily.

Burnaby Canadians vs Westside FC 'B' . Westside plays well on turf.

Fiji FC vs Lobbans SC - Lobbans to win as the weather has been cold.

Indo FC 'B' vs West Van FC 'B' - Indo in Pk's

Binger's Army vs Richmond United 'B' - Bingers 3-1

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with most of it except the Burnaby Canadians losing to Westside...
have u seen burnaby play lately? 11 goals in the last 3 games...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with most of it except the Burnaby Canadians losing to Westside...
have u seen burnaby play lately? 11 goals in the last 3 games...

Masry, where's the game report? Foot stuck in your mouth? ;)

Westside Rino 2 - 0 Sarajevo

We had a dominant start, but missed a bunch of chances. Sarajevo picked it up and threatened for a while, but then our centre-mid came up clutch and scored a beauty from 25 yards to shift the momentum back. We put the 2nd goal away about 15 into the 2nd half and that was all she wrote.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually dezza, we are still in a bit of shock but we all agree that the better team on the day won.
Westside wanted it more, and had more experience than us. The first goal was a really nice shot that our keeper couldnt do much on by some guy who was about 6'7. He ended up scoring all 3 of their goals. the second goal was a corner again to the big man to make it 2 -0 in the first half. Burnaby got onto the score in the first 2 minutes of the second half. then with about 10 minutes to go our goalie made the first initial save and the big man was there again to tap in the rebound.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...don't make me send fcsushica after you - he's got nicer hair than you now.:p

Bring 'em back or I'll get Freestyler to kick you.

:rolleyes:

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps i was looking forward to a game with your team as we have been in different divisions last two seasons . hope you did not gain to much weight by getting married .

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps i was looking forward to a game with your team as we have been in different divisions last two seasons . hope you did not gain to much weight by getting married .

I too was looking forward to playing you guys...always had some good games in the past.

Game report:

First 15 mins, we came out flat against West Van. They control the whole play. Then, abut 15 mins in, they score a goal from about 25 yards out, bottom right corner. 99/100 that shot goes wide. Oh well....

After that we really turned on the pressure. Their goalie, who played really well, saved at least three point blank shots in the first half.

Second half, same story. West Van was on their heels most of the half, resorting to humping the ball 50 yards every time they got it. Their mids were getting frustrated, as they were not getting any touches on the ball.

With about 10 min to go, we are putting on the pressure, and West Van humps it out to their forward. He knocks the ball down with his hand. Everyone stops running(our mistake) including the forward. Ref doesn't call it. Guy goes in and scores. Even their players agreed it should have been called. Oh well....

Anyways, bottom line is we didn't finish, and West Van did. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 3 - 1 Binger's Army (Extra Time)

Great game yesterday evening, almost ruined by a horrible refereeing decision... The ref made a shocking peno call against us, on a 50-50 challenge that was possibly outside the box during injury time of a 1-1 game. Our keeper guessed right and saved it, and we pulled out the victory in extra time. Huge credit to the Binger's keeper as well, as he single-handedly kept Binger's in the game with countless saves on quality chances.

Another League Cup for us, as the core of our team won the Div 2 Cup in 2006. Looking forward to having a crack at the Imperial next season.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 3 - 1 Binger's Army (Extra Time)

Great game yesterday evening, almost ruined by a horrible refereeing decision... The ref made a shocking peno call against us, on a 50-50 challenge that was possibly outside the box during injury time of a 1-1 game. Our keeper guessed right and saved it, and we pulled out the victory in extra time. Huge credit to the Binger's keeper as well, as he single-handedly kept Binger's in the game with countless saves on quality chances.

Another League Cup for us, as the core of our team won the Div 2 Cup in 2006. Looking forward to having a crack at the Imperial next season.
That was a shocking penalty call in injury time but you failed to mention the shocking red card our player got early in overtime.Last time I checked if two players get involved in something after the whistle they both should go.Pretty classy fans you got there.At the end of the day you dealt with adversity better than we did so congratulations.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a shocking penalty call in injury time but you failed to mention the shocking red card our player got early in overtime.Last time I checked if two players get involved in something after the whistle they both should go.Pretty classy fans you got there.At the end of the day you dealt with adversity better than we did so congratulations.

I didn't mention the red, because it was in the 2nd half of OT and we were already up 2-1 and controlling the play. I don't think it affected the outcome of the game... Not sure what our guy did that would deserve a red, but Regan had him in a headlock and looked like he was trying to give him a DDT. Not the smartest thing to be doing in OT of a Cup Final. Good luck against Oly's this weekend and we'll see you next year in Div 1A :)

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't mention the red, because it was in the 2nd half of OT and we were already up 2-1 and controlling the play. I don't think it affected the outcome of the game... Not sure what our guy did that would deserve a red, but Regan had him in a headlock and looked like he was trying to give him a DDT. Not the smartest thing to be doing in OT of a Cup Final. Good luck against Oly's this weekend and we'll see you next year in Div 1A :)

Mr Dezza
although you are a little confused you should none the less be congratulated for your cup win. I will agree with you that the penalty call at the end of regulation was one of the most shocking decisions I have seen in 15 seasons in the VMSL. It would have been wrong for the game to end with a goal on the resulting PK, and I believe the soccer gods intervened at this point.

However the red card in question was in the first half of OT. The original tackle was your #6 on our #32 which probably could have been given a yellow on its' own. This was followed by your #17 getting into the mix and being dragged out by our #23. How this came out to be a red for us and nothing for your chaps is a mystery.

I have to agree with Kaiser on the fact that your sidelines suffered from a severe lack of class, but that may not be a concern for you. You have a very strong team but true respect will come only when your entire organization, including your sidelines, handles itself with a bit more dignity.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0