Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 1 team is mathematically eliminated thus far -- Lobbans. Why should anyone other than Akal/GN care about their incomplete game? For the other teams the target should be maximum points from their remaining games.

Yes, you are right about only one team being eliminated at this point - my mistake. All other teams currently between 6th and 11th position are in danger.

Re Akal/GN: It simply does not make a lot of sense that one team played only 16 games so far while all other teams played at least 3 or even 4 games more (with the exception of GN; played two more games than Akal). Those two teams are supposed to play next weekend their 2nd scheduled game and the first one is still not completed!?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, you are right about only one team being eliminated at this point - my mistake. All other teams currently between 6th and 11th position are in danger.

Re Akal/GN: It simply does not make a lot of sense that one team played only 16 games so far while all other teams played at least 3 or even 4 games more (with the exception of GN; played two more games than Akal). Those two teams are supposed to play next weekend their 2nd scheduled game and the first one is still not completed!?

I suppose the simple answer is if the remaining games are played, and GN/Akal are both in a safe position they will just agree to let the result be a 2-2 draw. This saves on the cost/hassle of booking a field and getting the teams/referees together.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the other hand, how long does it take to make a decision about Akal - GN Sporting game? That game was played in November 2012, was incomplete due to issues with the lights, and the league still did not come up with a decision what to do with that game!!!???

At this moment there are two teams already relegated from Division 1 but quite a few teams struggle to avoid being the third team relegated. And, if you look at the standings, Akal has played only 16 games while other teams (with the exception of Sporting who played 17) played 19 or 20 games.

So, what is the league waiting? To make a decision about that game when they see standings after all other teams play all 22 games!?

This is really not good for the league and VMSL better makes a decision ASAP. In all honestly, other teams should not be playing their regular league games until Akal and GN Sporting play at least 19 (or 20) games as all other teams.

Make up games should be played on the weekdays so I am really wondering what VMSL is waiting for.

Glad we got your esteemed opinion on the matter. It must have kept you up numerous nights knowing that a team has played a whopping THREE games less than everyone else. Really, who cares? They will be made up at some point, and as much as it would bring some clarity to the relegation battle, it will simply get resolved at some point. You raising this issue has now burdened me with stress, as I too am wondering what on earth the VMSL could possibly be waiting for......

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose the simple answer is if the remaining games are played, and GN/Akal are both in a safe position they will just agree to let the result be a 2-2 draw. This saves on the cost/hassle of booking a field and getting the teams/referees together.

dezza,

What if the following happens: One of those two teams is safe (or already relegated) and the other team needs 3 points to stay in Division 1. The team that is safe (or already relegated) is not interested in a make up game at all so the other team easily wins and stays in the league at the expense of another team.

Are you going to tell me that it really does not matter whether all teams make up all their (not played) games or not before the last 2 or 3 regular games of the season?

To TheBoss,

It certainly matters when certain games are played; that is why the schedule exists. It is especially important at the end of the season when several teams fight not to be relegated.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza,

What if the following happens: One of those two teams is safe (or already relegated) and the other team needs 3 points to stay in Division 1. The team that is safe (or already relegated) is not interested in a make up game at all so the other team easily wins and stays in the league at the expense of another team.

Are you going to tell me that it really does not matter whether all teams make up all their (not played) games or not before the last 2 or 3 regular games of the season?

You obviously don't know those 2 teams very well. The rivalry is fierce and neither of them would ever let the other team win. Plus they're not going to replay the whole game, they will play the last 20 minutes with the score already 2-2. Chances are it will end in a draw.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the lights went out with approximately 30 minutes or so left in the first game?? I was told that the plan has always been to finish the last chunk of the first game before playing the second one in order to save money/time. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the idea but I guess its not really my problem. So no worries it should all get sorted out this weekend...

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
the plan has always been to finish the last chunk of the first game before playing the second one

What if a player is suspended this weekend? Would he get to play the first make up game (as he wasn't suspended for that week) or would he have to miss both? I refer you to section 8.2, paragraph 3, subsection F, of the VMSL Constitution for that ruling...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if a player is suspended this weekend? Would he get to play the first make up game (as he wasn't suspended for that week) or would he have to miss both? I refer you to section 8.2, paragraph 3, subsection F, of the VMSL Constitution for that ruling...

That is another reason why that game should have been already registered 2:2 or called abandoned and a new game played (all 90 minutes). You can not continue last 30 minutes of the game 2 months after! If you are continuing the game then the same rosters should play and I am quite sure both teams changed the roster since then.

It is still not late to finally register that game 2:2 and finish that story before the 2nd game is played.

Leaving everything to sort out at the end of the season immediately makes the competition irregular.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that only players who were on the team sheet in the first game are eligible to play in the remaining minutes of the 2:2 game. I agree that the situation is seriously messed up. If they played 60 minutes it should have either been recorded as a tie or completely replayed.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What we want and what the rules are are different things. When I saw "we" I am referring to VMSL/FVSL registered players. I ain't on either team.

What are the VMSL rules re: finishing games? What are the FIFA rules?

I, sadly, don't know.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What we want and what the rules are are different things. When I saw "we" I am referring to VMSL/FVSL registered players. I ain't on either team. What are the VMSL rules re: finishing games? What are the FIFA rules? I, sadly, don't know.

A game ended prematurely must be replayed in its entirety, regardless of what was the score or the cause for its premature end unless the preset rules for a specific competition (in this case VMSL league competition) provide that the score at the time of stoppage stands.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

LAW 7 - THE DURATION OF THE MATCH
Abandoned match: An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise.

I do not think that VMSL has in its rules anything about the games which may prematurely end so it basically means that a new game has to be replayed in its entirety.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 with Inter this evening at Trillium, good prep for both sides going into cup games next weekend.

Congrats on promotion to those guys and best of luck in premier next season.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL RCD, why are you so concerned about this game?

1. It does not make any sense that it takes more than 2 months to organize a make up game. Certainly it is ridiculous that game #2 is being played tonight while game #1 will be, most likely, played after all other teams are done with all their games.

2. Also, Akal will most likely play their make up games against Shaheen and Rino when all other teams are done. With all due respect for Shaheen and Rino (two very good teams), they are really not going to be interested that much in their make up games so logically it would be easier for Akal to get points. Is that fair?

The league should not have allowed all this to come this far. How is it possible that one team plays at this point 3-4 games less than any other team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0