Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing has changed for last thirty years here. Only positive move was done by a ladies program.

I realize this is a Division 1 thread but have to make a comment re national teams here (since Mr. Base started it).

With all due respect to our ladies I do not think the situation with women's soccer is a lot better than the situation with the men's program.
The only difference is that Canada is number 7 ranked (FIFA) among ladies and men are 61st which basically is the same if we take into consideration how many countries pay serious attention to the women's program.

Anyway, I am quite proud of our national women's soccer team. Cannot say anything like that for the men's team.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ruben is a complete moron. I have no idea why Azzi guys keep giving him control of games. One time a player said something to him and he didnt know who said it so he goes "i dont know who said it but im going to choose someone to give a red card too" so he chose out of the 5 guys nearest to him and he pulled out the red LOL

I once was joking around with him after a game in the parking lot and asked him if his head gets cold because hes bald and he told me if we were still on the field and i said that after a game to him, he would give me a red LOLLLL

This ref is not one to joke with ,he just wants to see good football on the field ,if your team hacks and fouls he will give out lots of cards . As he has been around for a few years most teams should know this.
Pre game talk by your coaches do not talk to him on the field no matter even if you are right , do not hack ,
There are some team that constantly foul every game and get away with it.
then they get this ref and think he is wrong for giving out cards
There are many times all our coaches would like to run on the field to put a hand over a players mouth to shut him up from talking to the ref ,the beaking by some teams is very bad .My two cents worth

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This ref is not one to joke with ,he just wants to see good football on the field ,if your team hacks and fouls he will give out lots of cards . As he has been around for a few years most teams should know this.
Pre game talk by your coaches do not talk to him on the field no matter even if you are right , do not hack ,
There are many times all our coaches would like to run on the field to put a hand over a players mouth to shut him up from talking to the ref ,the beaking by some teams is very bad .My two cents worth

Agreed. He calls it how it should be.
In Canada we are used to football and hockey. "Get stuck in" is the same as a mistimed tackle or flying in with small attempt at ball. These are fouls and cards. I enjoy watching a Local Chile team play. He protects the skilled guys who are getting run by "just kick him" Scottish/Irish mentality. As you can see, this mentality does not take the game very far. CSA/Whitecaps is exhibit one.

Argument is that's how it is over hear. And HE should adapt to the Canadian game. As many players have to do that come from South America and Europe. But I disagree. Maybe it's us who has to change and view/play the world game like the majority. Not with our Canadian skewed beer goggles on. "Or, I have a British accent, this is how it should be"
Wrong.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. He calls it how it should be.
In Canada we are used to football and hockey. "Get stuck in" is the same as a mistimed tackle or flying in with small attempt at ball. These are fouls and cards. I enjoy watching a Local Chile team play. He protects the skilled guys who are getting run by "just kick him" Scottish/Irish mentality. As you can see, this mentality does not take the game very far. CSA/Whitecaps is exhibit one.

Argument is that's how it is over hear. And HE should adapt to the Canadian game. As many players have to do that come from South America and Europe. But I disagree. Maybe it's us who has to change and view/play the world game like the majority. Not with our Canadian skewed beer goggles on. "Or, I have a British accent, this is how it should be"
Wrong.

Lay off the vino rosso before u post..

I wish our men's national side played more a football/hockey style.. team is to fcuking polite

Reactions: sid

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget Materazzi, Pepe, and De Jong!

Yes. Materazzi Gatusso and friends have a shite load of cards and suspensions due to their style of play.
Yes. All teams have pieces. Ball winners. Come on.

We are super athletic dudes. And can close down space as go through guys like no other. Most local refs let that shite go. Bald Macedonian gives cards when he sees guys "not slow up" when the ball is being released. As it should be.

He will card the left back mucker that goes through the young right winger that just blue by him three times previous.
Canadian refs from here, no card, after 5th time a yellow.
That's not how it's called. Guys get away with over 5 fouls before anything here.
Or am I watching different local soccer?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps that's the problem... you spend more time watching rather than playing?

Show them how it's done.

No gloves please.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unnecessary cards are not the way to deal with things........have a word first of all....then deal with it. Once they start getting handed out too early....it is usally a ref's downfall. Sadly, I have seen some of the things said by others regarding some refs in the league and it isn't right to put false things down on reports OR is it right to send someone off because you think it was them. I know there isn't a person on this site who thinks either of those things is okay.

Having reffed in the VMSL for 8 years(not this year) I feel the best way to control a game is to communicate with the players throughout.....when the time is right to pull out a card you do. PLease don't tell me that giving cards out left, right, and centre is the only way to control a game. I would love to see the stats/numbers for all the abandoned games over the years.....who was in charge and why the games were abandoned. Obviously we will never know but I'm guessing there is a common theme.....

My two cents worth..........

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unnecessary cards are not the way to deal with things........have a word first of all....then deal with it. Once they start getting handed out too early....it is usally a ref's downfall. Sadly, I have seen some of the things said by others regarding some refs in the league and it isn't right to put false things down on reports OR is it right to send someone off because you think it was them. I know there isn't a person on this site who thinks either of those things is okay.

Having reffed in the VMSL for 8 years(not this year) I feel the best way to control a game is to communicate with the players throughout.....when the time is right to pull out a card you do. PLease don't tell me that giving cards out left, right, and centre is the only way to control a game. I would love to see the stats/numbers for all the abandoned games over the years.....who was in charge and why the games were abandoned. Obviously we will never know but I'm guessing there is a common theme.....

CS's approach works very well for my volatile personality. I shut up pretty quick when an official takes the time and consideration to have a constructive chat with me. Like a good coach, or a good player, or a good manager, every situation dictates a certain approach or action. The best officials can analyze the situation and diffuse and control the situation. Sometimes giving a yellow card is establishing the environment to give many, many more. Common sense?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now you are talking wisely because that appears to be the only way to approach the game when this official takes the field. So I do agree that if you know how he will react to things, to go out and provoke and do the things that will incite him is just stupid.

At the end of the day, they have the final say.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

In my books you are a very good ref AND YOU DO ALWAYS HAVE THE GAME UNDER CONTROL.
Our club has 11 players currently on injury & we have had 20 players injured this year many of them from late tackles and some with intent to injure that were not called .
Some coaches do not control there players that foul all the time.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain what ever game I report on I do watch it. Watcher loves the twins from north Burnaby. He loves Mobsters. Every guys has a secrat fantasy.
MTKB Malad played Pro soccer in Europe. If they game him a job as a coch he would dam well do a good job. Macadonians are proud people. When take on a job they do it. Not like these guys. Last time we got out of our pack was late 80's Beer roches and fun soccer is gone.
They should give the job to the bold head, he just might be prick enough for a team to wake up. They spend toomuch time placking hair from their chests.
And far toomuch time blaming refs. When watcher was 18 he was better then 80% of the National players,but his last name was not Malonni or Johnston, and that was it.
MKB talk to people before you shot offf your lips. Nothing has changed for last thirty years here. Only positive move was done by a ladies program.
Best thing about Malad he sticks to rules,calles the game the way it is. No cheep shots aloves better players to play ball.
NK is long ways from moving up it does not matter who the coah is.
We need ten more refs like him inorther for soccer to move to next step.

Mr. Base is better than 100% of our national coaches.:wa::wa::wa:

Rueben is sick in the head period. Anybody who can't see that I can't help. Cap. Sham is right and is a good communicator.:):):)

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
dubbed as the punjabi "el classico" who will win? akal or gn?

hahaha definitely the TTP of the year for this thread. I would never consider this the El Clasico my friend, more like the Curry Bowl or the Samosa Derby maybe even the B.O. Bowl(maybe get this match sponsored by Old Spice) LOL

But i say it ends in a tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0