Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 2007] January & February Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1 2007] January Results, Banter & Predictions

Club Ireland 4-1 NK Hrvat

Perfect night for a game last night and it was good to get back on track against the NK Train. An early goal by big Girodo helped us settle into our stride, but credit to the Hrvat lads for attempting to bounce back. Midway thru the first half, a great bit of individual work from CIC saw him lay the perfect cross onto Girodo's left boot...2-0 Club I. Hrvat kept working hard and were rewarded not long before the half on a dodgy PK call by Hadji (sp?). How or where our player was supposed to get his arm out of the way when the ball is kicked at him from 1-yard is beyond me, but that's what makes Hadji such a classic! A well finished PK left us at 2-1 at the half.

The second half saw Club I continue to dominate possession and the better goal chances. Our continued pressure eventually paid off with two more great goals; one brilliant solo effort by CIC, and the other set-up by CIC.

A well contested match, filled with some great footy and an ongoing stand-up comic act by Watcher up front...some classic comments mate! BTW, I hope your head's alright from that early collision.

Cheers,

Burnro

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro said:
Hrvat kept working hard and were rewarded not long before the half on a dodgy PK call by Hadji (sp?). How or where our player was supposed to get his arm out of the way when the ball is kicked at him from 1-yard is beyond me, but that's what makes Hadji such a classic! A well finished PK left us at 2-1 at the half.

I always thought a hand ball in the box, regardless of the circumstances, was a penalty but I just checked out the rule book and this is not the case from my interpretation. Now I'm confused about many penalties I've seen called, at all levels.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
I always thought a hand ball in the box, regardless of the circumstances, was a penalty but I just checked out the rule book and this is not the case from my interpretation. Now I'm confused about many penalties I've seen called, at all levels.

Not that I know any of these things but the exact wording of the rule is as follows :

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

If you need any clarification, ask alikira :D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yup - that makes perfect sense to me. Thinking about all of the calls I've seen where the ball deflects off someone and hits a player's arm, totally by accident, and a penalty is called...I'm now completely baffled by this.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wording of the law aside, I believe a good number of refs make the call based on whether or not the defending team gains an advantage as a result of the play.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Walks said:
A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

:D

To bad you no nothing about tackling from behind!!!

~Zaurrini

:D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Speaking of tackling from behind...there seems to be a new craze called Stranger Rodeo or Urban Rodeo where you jump on a stranger's back and see how long you can hang on for. Absolutely hilarious! Search it on youtube and you'll find it although I learned about it on Global News this morning. Off topic I know and there's a youtube thread but Zaurrini started it...

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SmartCoach said:
Anyone have a match report from Blaze vs. Sarajevo?

No match report, however it should be intersting coming down the stretch as this now puts the Hurricanes right back into the thick of things.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro.....Glad you liked my jokes. They are about all I have left. I am hoping for a rebirth of sorts against the Fury tomorrow though. You are right. The game was fun and close (till the awful give away to make it three to one) and Hadji was iffy. Good luck against those not so likeable guys from Richmond.

NK at least 2 Fury at most 1...hahahahaha

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

watcher said:
.....NK at least 2 Fury at most 1...hahahahaha
Not sure if you meant your prediction as a joke or not, but not so funny with the apparent 0-4 scoreline.

Club Ireland 6-1 Shaheen

An excellent all-round performance by our lads yesterday...how Shaheen kept Westside scoreless last week is beyond me as their backline was awful!

We could have been up by 3 or 4 in the first 15-minutes, but didn't finish our early chances. Eventually taking the 1-0 lead lead to some new energy from Shaheen, and although they equalized, it was a gift from us. Not long after, we take the lead to 2-1 at the half.

Half-time was entertaining in the Kinsman Stadium changing rooms as I couldn't get a word into my players due to the riot that was going on in the Shaheen changing room...after trying to say a few things, I just gave up as all our players were intently listening to the most amazing verbal thrashing I've ever heard a coach give their team...it sounded like chairs were being thrown around and tables smashed...absolutely comical!

Back to the game...after half-time, Shaheen looked completely demoralized from their half-time scolding, which allowed us to continue our domination of possession and goal-scoring. At the end of the match, a very satisfying 6-1 victory and 3-points in the bag, making the North Shore trek quite enjoyable.

On to the Idiots!

Dancing Bear

Sep 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You boys are scoring a lot of goals Burnro.......hopefully you're done for the year;)

2-1 against Burnaby Canadians. Not much to say except that we mucked it out and got the 3 points that we needed.
Spotted them a 1-0 lead and tied it up just before half. Scored the winner about half-way through the second and proceeded to stop playing football which allowed the Canadians a couple of good chances.
All credit to the young lads of Burnaby who played with a lot of energy.

On to Pegasus Friday....should be a good one. Hopefully, we get our act together for that as I'm sure Peg won't be quite as forgiving as some of the other teams in the league.

See you there Burnro......with a Westside scarf on? We'll supply a cozy....bring your own bevvy;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Friday will be HUGE. There are still many games to be played, but I think it's fair to say that this game will be "winner takes all".

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking forward to reffing that game. :D Sound good to you, Dancing Bear?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
Looking forward to reffing that game. :D Sound good to you, Dancing Bear?

Wouldn't have it any other way, my friend;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I doubt I'll be getting the game as they will look for someone who is more neutral........:D What is it that Club Ireland need again besides a miracle? How would a draw work? ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Finally a game that has perked my interest in the VMSL this year :D

Where's Point Grey turf?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
What is it that Club Ireland need again besides a miracle? How would a draw work? ;)
You're close to being bang on Captain! We need a Westside-Peg draw on Friday night, someone else to hold Peg to a draw, then we need to beat the Idiots, Westside, and Royal. Assuming Peg win their other matches, it would leave Peg and Club I tied for first on 41 points, with Westside at 40-points.

Not quite a miracle required, as other results this season have proven that anything can happen, but it is basically down to this Friday...should be a cracker!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dancing Bear said:
You boys are scoring a lot of goals Burnro.......hopefully you're done for the year;)
Yeah, go figure...we've had no problem banging them all season, then one fcuking game against Royal of all teams and we can't find the net and make any chances of promotion more reliant on you and Peg...what a game!

Dancing Bear said:
See you there Burnro......with a Westside scarf on? We'll supply a cozy....bring your own bevvy;)
I'm sure a few of our lads will be there to watch and hope for the draw...we'll bring the cozies out, so make sure your Westside water & beer boy (Notcher?) brings a full spare cooler for the Club I boys!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
Where's Point Grey turf?
Don't you know how to use Google maps old timer?

Point Grey turf is in Kerrisdale at W. 41st Ave & West Boulevard (just behind the McDonalds and Kerrisdale Arena)...the lights will be on, so you can't miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0