Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kizer and Smartcoach are starting to turn it up. I also see North Van cranking it up. Not sure what happaned to NK in last two games. It looks like cold weather does not agreee with warm bluded guys on that side. Chile is also on a up swing. Good to see that side play good agressive soccer. Noth Shore will not giveup easy this year. I know it is early but my bet goes to that side. Only Kekec and his side could spoil it for north Van side.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 1-1 Norvan - what was turning out to be a great tilt, ends up disturbed by an extra man on the field and that's all we'll say about that. Chile goes up 1-0 about 15 minutes in only to have Norvan begin to use the flanks extremely effectively and generate oppotunities which kept getting stalled at the very last second by the Chile defense. Norvan was obviously trying to expose the back via long balls and flick ons. Norvan ties it on a PK after a red card to Stedman after his hand comes up off a 50/50 ball and catches a Norvan player, regardless, the man in charge sees intent and gives a red and a PK. Norvan starts coming hard to finish the half as we were obviously rattled by the turn of events.

Second half sees the game open up as Chile gains more possession and Norvan finds more space down the flanks, very good soccer by both teams sees them trade chances and it could have gone either way. Both keepers were fantastic in this one and I think a tie was a fair score.

PD

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 1-1 Norvan - what was turning out to be a great tilt, ends up disturbed by an extra man on the field and that's all we'll say about that. Chile goes up 1-0 about 15 minutes in only to have Norvan begin to use the flanks extremely effectively and generate oppotunities which kept getting stalled at the very last second by the Chile defense. Norvan was obviously trying to expose the back via long balls and flick ons. Norvan ties it on a PK after a red card to Stedman after his hand comes up off a 50/50 ball and catches a Norvan player, regardless, the man in charge sees intent and gives a red and a PK. Norvan starts coming hard to finish the half as we were obviously rattled by the turn of events.

Second half sees the game open up as Chile gains more possession and Norvan finds more space down the flanks, very good soccer by both teams sees them trade chances and it could have gone either way. Both keepers were fantastic in this one and I think a tie was a fair score.

PD

Was the extra man the same one that kicked the ball away in the Surrey cat game?

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a red card to Stedman after his hand comes up off a 50/50 ball and catches a Norvan playerPD

Interesting take on a clear sucker punch leaving the ref with no option but a straight red - and despite the howls of protest from Chile, a sucker punch inside the 18 is not an indirect free kick - its a PK which was finished by Norvan.

I will say that a tie was a fair result - with Norvan keeper coming up big against a ten man Chile.

Bullet G

Dec 5, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a fan not cheering for either side, THAT WAS NOT A RED CARD. I'm not sure what view you had of the play but I was right beside the play on the Chile side (in the stands) and I got a perfect view of it. It was a battle for the ball and there was no intent to "sucker punch". I don't even know how you can say it was a sucker punch when the Chilean player had his back towards the Norvan player. In any event, Chile with 11 players would have come on top. Referee also misses a clear foul inside the Norvan 18 as the Chilean player looks to be in on a break away, Norvan player grabs the jersey and takes the player down. The Chilean player yells out and perhaps that's the reason the penalty shot wasn't called.

All in all a good game and Norvan was fortunate to come away with a point.

Interesting take on a clear sucker punch leaving the ref with no option but a straight red - and despite the howls of protest from Chile, a sucker punch inside the 18 is not an indirect free kick - its a PK which was finished by Norvan.

I will say that a tie was a fair result - with Norvan keeper coming up big against a ten man Chile.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 2 Lobbans 2

Pretty ugly affair for both sides as i'm sure each team felt they should have won this one but it was ugly and late on a sunday great combo. Hard fought definitely a muck fest and in the end a tie is the way it should have ended. On to the big rematch game against the choo choo's hopefully the snow holds off .

cheers , the rattler

hackshow

Aug 18, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty accurate game report - Red card did seem questionable tho there was definite contact on our guys face, it looked like no intent and more just scrapping for a loose ball but I wasnt close to it. Chile scored on a counter attack just before off a bad turnover on our part, tidy finish with Carlo having no chance...We start generating a little mre, some unfortunate first touches let us down when we were clear through on goal. After that comes the red card, with our man slotting the PK 1-1. We push for the 2nd and come close on a few occasions with Newt deflecting one off the post and coming up huge. Should be mentionned Chile came back hard near the end and Carlo made some point blank saves down the stretch. Fair result in the end as we didnt use our advantage well enough.

On to Olympics next week

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Its hard for it to be a sucker punch when his back is towards the player and they are simply battling for a ball...from what I "heard" the player who was hit was playing with a broken nose, which if correct (I am not making a statement, simply replicating what I am hearing via third party, Norvan guys feel free to confirm or deny), makes the "sucker punch" that much more questionable as it seemed like it was two guys battling very hard for a loose ball, which Stedman had positioning and advantage on.

From where I was standing on the sideline as the players battled facing my direction, this was incidental contact and stedman may have been the victim of being stronger and going up against a player that should not even have been on the field to begin with.

Too bad really as Stedman has always been a honest player on the field, the guys from Delta and Peg can attest to that, he plays the game hard, has been to two or three nationals with those teams as a starter and has an incredible reputation, there was ZERO reason for him to agrevate, the game wasn't chippy, it was fast paced and tight and this is an experieneced player we are talking about here with no reputation for doing these types of things.

I think that as soon as the ref saw blood he made his decision, which was unfortunate as he was very far from the play (with both players having their back to him) and made a judgement call based on an assumption. Cest la vie. Let's hope he doesnt get roasted at discipline as I know the game report was harsh given my conversation with the man after the game. pd

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey PD,

Props to you guys on Saturday - after going down a man and Norvan coverting the PK to tie - I figured they'd go on to win - but you guys have heart and almost stole it at the end.

What I saw on the red/PK seemed pretty obvious from my angle - no disrespect to your player - just reporting in on my take on what I observed with no prejudice.

Best of luck down the stretch - cheers.

CT

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey PD,

Props to you guys on Saturday - after going down a man and Norvan coverting the PK to tie - I figured they'd go on to win - but you guys have heart and almost stole it at the end.

What I saw on the red/PK seemed pretty obvious from my angle - no disrespect to your player - just reporting in on my take on what I observed with no prejudice.

Best of luck down the stretch - cheers.

CT

Thanks man, no issues here, your angle may have been better than mine, in the end all that matters is what the ref saw and all we can do is debate what we saw. Thanks for the objectivity, I just figured that Steddy needed a little bit of defending given what transpired, I didn't see intent, but no argument here on contact. PD

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
chile 2-0 desmesh - desmesh tried very hard, but they were simply over matched in this one. good hard working side, but it was very hard for them to keep up. A lot of late and sloppy tackling from the desmesh side leads to a penal early in this one on souza. 10 minutes later a beauty that starts from our left back with the ball touching nearly every player and ends up in the back courtesy of Murtada, from then on in Desmesh really just resorted to to defending and hoping for a counter via a long ball...second half became somewhat of a boring affair after an animated 1st. On to next week. PD

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 2 Choo Choo 2

Well tail of 2 halves in this one ; First half we take all the pressure for the first 25 with hrvat having some chances but nothing to menacing , then in the final twenty we come on and are rewarded with 2 goals only to have them get 1 back minutes before half. Second half both teams trading chances then hrvat definitely took over the play for the final 20 as they get the equalizer with 10 to go. Side note monsieur ref did not have his best showing as the only calls we were getting were throw ins and goal kicks which the hrvatians can attest to. Both teams probably disappointed they didn't get the win as the chances were there for more goals but lack of finish and good defending by both teams prevented that. Any hrvat players need deals on hotels or airfare just let your travelocity gnome know i'll see what I can do ;). On to next week hope the weather changes back to snow let's get xmas going already hohoho.

cheers , the rattler

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 2-1 Bingers

Frenetic pace to the game tonight. Rino's came out of the blocks strong and an early penalty gave them a 1-0 lead. Former Rino Andre Gagnon caught our midfielder just a fraction late and a mm inside the box. A tough decision so early on, and unfortunately for Andre he was booked and taken off injured too... not a happy return to point grey.

Rino's continued to dominate possession and chances. Some neat touches in the box freed up space for a shot from close range and it was 2-0.

Binger's created one clearcut chance in the first, but it was cleared off the line.

Second half was a different story. Bingers got right back in the game and bossed some possession of their own in a much more even half. A missed penalty from dunn was soon made amends for from a free kick at the top of the box to make it 2-1 and a nervy finish. Some silly fouls later it was 11 bingers vs 8 Rinos, but there wasn't enough on the clock to punish the lack of discipline, and the game finished 2-1

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Former Rino Andre Gagnon caught our midfielder just a fraction late and a mm inside the box. A tough decision so early on

It was debatable as to whether this was even a foul, looked to me like a 50/50 challenge that both players went into hard. As to the location, even your coach admitted after the game that it was outside the box. A dubious decision by a ref who was overly officious in the pre-game and was out to make his mark on the game early.

Interestingly enough while the ref presented himself in the pregame as if he had been sent by FIFA for a world cup qualifier, he failed to do the most basic of pre-game preparations and started the game with a gaping hole in the net at one end, and when it was pointed out to him he chose to continue the game without remedying the problem. All in all the referee was inconsistent at best.

As to the red cards, this was a situation where the ref got it right. An amazing loss of composure led to a couple of 2nd yellows, and then finally a player telling the ref to F@*$ off, he'll be lucky if he gets off with just one game.

Rino could easily have scored a few more goals as they rattled a couple of shots off the post and crossbar, while Bingers should have fished one just before the half and could have had a couple more in the second.

This was yet another very spirited battle between two good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0