Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1 ] Results and Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2 - Punjab DU 1

First 20' Rmd looked pretty good with the ball, but nothing too fabulous for either team. Middle 50' was pretty good shape and possession by PJDU, including a goal off a goal mouth scramble off a corner...but, our young goalie did very well to keep the game close the entire 90. Last 20' was pretty poor soccer by both squads as the heat, lush grass, and early season lack of fitness took it's toll on both squads. Matt Henni struck a 20 yard shot to the bottom corner on a poor clearance attempt. Some counter attack pace rewarded RFC with a few opportunities and the eventual game winner by CAT call-up Rani. PJCU is young and fit and a pretty decent squad. We are still missing a few signings, fitness, injuries, but very pleased with grinding out a victory. On to next week.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
the lack of game reports is truly sad considering that there are 12 teams in Div 1, cmon people get some reports rolling in or I will have to start professing my appreciation for Binger's all over again to get a reaction...post post post, it's not that hard!

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All-right PD, you win! I was going to note that your game reports are already in mid-season form. Good stuff.

Binger’s Army 1 – 1 Lobbans

Rather un-inspiring start to the season for the new-look Army. We started strong in the opening 15’ with some nice passing and Andrew Cooke’s speed up-front causing some problems for the Lobbans backline. The pressure lead to a few chances that we couldn’t cash, including MOTM Vaughn Richards spitting the D and ringing one off the inside of the post from close range. Lobbans created a few good chances of their own, including a bullet from about 20 yards that rocked Andy “mini-Critter” Dunn’s left post and another that forced a quality diving save from the diminutive winger-turned-net-minder.

Rest of the first half was pretty even with some scrappy play from both sides that was aided by approximately 154 whistles. Lobbans eventually opened the scoring late in the half when their big striker flicked a long free-kick from centre (that was incidentally still rolling) into the bottom corner.

The second half was pretty even with the Army carrying the balance of play but unable to create much in the attacking third. After some shrewd tactical substitutions by the coaching / field-lining duo of yours truly and LG, the Army pressed and eventually tied the game in the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] minute with lone international signing Jarreau Hayward heading in a well placed cross. Last few minutes were uneventful, apart from Dunn running into his post while watching a Lobbans free kick sail wide.

All-in-all, not a bad start to the season considering the new faces and a few of our key guys out but will need to step it up over the next few weeks. As noted, Div 1 is looking incredibly solid this year.

In other news, we need to get Dino posting on TTP. He was there again scouting with his clipboard on Saturday and would probably write a mean game report.

Finally, season prediction: if they kept the same core together from last year, I like Olympics to challenge Chile for promotion.

GB.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
All-right PD, you win! I was going to note that your game reports are already in mid-season form. Good stuff.

Binger’s Army 1 – 1 Lobbans

Rather un-inspiring start to the season for the new-look Army. We started strong in the opening 15’ with some nice passing and Andrew Cooke’s speed up-front causing some problems for the Lobbans backline. The pressure lead to a few chances that we couldn’t cash, including MOTM Vaughn Richards spitting the D and ringing one off the inside of the post from close range. Lobbans created a few good chances of their own, including a bullet from about 20 yards that rocked Andy “mini-Critter” Dunn’s left post and another that forced a quality diving save from the diminutive winger-turned-net-minder.

Rest of the first half was pretty even with some scrappy play from both sides that was aided by approximately 154 whistles. Lobbans eventually opened the scoring late in the half when their big striker flicked a long free-kick from centre (that was incidentally still rolling) into the bottom corner.

The second half was pretty even with the Army carrying the balance of play but unable to create much in the attacking third. After some shrewd tactical substitutions by the coaching / field-lining duo of yours truly and LG, the Army pressed and eventually tied the game in the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] minute with lone international signing Jarreau Hayward heading in a well placed cross. Last few minutes were uneventful, apart from Dunn running into his post while watching a Lobbans free kick sail wide.

All-in-all, not a bad start to the season considering the new faces and a few of our key guys out but will need to step it up over the next few weeks. As noted, Div 1 is looking incredibly solid this year.

In other news, we need to get Dino posting on TTP. He was there again scouting with his clipboard on Saturday and would probably write a mean game report.

Finally, season prediction: if they kept the same core together from last year, I like Olympics to challenge Chile for promotion.

GB.
I heard the Army did some interior renos, it looks like you haven't lost that "play the full 90" attitude, look forward to the annual "lovefest" when our sides meet, the Chile boys are into Carlsberg this year so a friendly 2-4 wager challenge for the green stuff might be in order GB...Chile has everyone back and we've made 4 additions that hopefully pushes us up to the level we need to be to challenge for a top 2 spot, there's 22 games to play so promotion will be well earned for whomever gets the privilidge to go up. Rino's guys are extremely quiet, I know you're reading Smartcoach....no reports?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the Army did some interior renos, it looks like you haven't lost that "play the full 90" attitude, look forward to the annual "lovefest" when our sides meet, the Chile boys are into Carlsberg this year so a friendly 2-4 wager challenge for the green stuff might be in order GB...Chile has everyone back and we've made 4 additions that hopefully pushes us up to the level we need to be to challenge for a top 2 spot, there's 22 games to play so promotion will be well earned for whomever gets the privilidge to go up. Rino's guys are extremely quiet, I know you're reading Smartcoach....no reports?

Aren't you also missing a few guys who are playing with Kwantlen at the moment? I notice that a former Chile member who caused a furor in a past season is out there with them, maybe they'll bring him back into the fold? This time would be legitimate as there are no rules against playing for both a college team and VMSL team in the same season ;)

Anyway, due to various commitments I won't see our Div 1 team play until week 4 at the earliest, so I will be pretty quiet until then. I did however hear that in the 2nd half versus NK we twice hit the crossbar and had a pk saved, so the match was certainly there for the taking. 2pts lost I suppose.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 1 - 1 Rino's

Match was certainly there for the taking. In the second half we twice hit the crossbar and had a pk saved. 2pts lost I suppose.

If you're not at the games dezza why post here-say, there's a report straight from the horses mouth

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 1 - 1 Rino's

Match was certainly there for the taking. In the second half we twice hit the crossbar and had a pk saved. 2pts lost I suppose.

If you're not at the games dezza why post here-say, there's a report straight from the horses mouth

Do you run flat races or jump hurdles ? giddy up

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC A 0 - Serbian White Eagles 0

Not much to report here. We came out very slow and it was easy to see that our squad has yet to adapt to Div 1 caliber playe - similar to our first season in Div 2, except the jump is larger here. Serbia had a majority of the possession, but little of it produced quality scoring chances. They had a golden opportunity late in the game off a corner - their player was unmarked at the back post and rather than a side-footed volley he chose to try to smash it in ala. Gareth Bale (though, with the ball around shin level). I missed a clean break on a very scattered play - I was blatantly offside (5-8yards), their defence stopped (should have played through, I guess), their goalie came, semi-stopped playing, I sprinted, jogged, looked around confusedly, sprinted and in the confusion of what the hell was going on, I somehow missed the net :confused: Serbia's undoing was definitely their growing frustration at being unable to net one - their play definitely deteriorated due to that.

A rather scattered report, but it's been nearly a week since the match - hopefully do better this weekend.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard he changed his name yet again, I think this year he is Ranjit...lol...we've parted ways with this gentleman since the controversy but we still like him as he is a good guy and is friends with the guys on the team. 4 guys at Kwantlen, but we picked up a few more and added Diego to the pipes who was with the Whitecaps a couple seasons ago, Coles, Murtada and Ricardo will make their way back when they are done. pd

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
E. de Chile 4-1 Rino's

It was obvious that Rino's was missing some key guys today, Chile controls much of the possession and dictate the pace of the game generating numorous scoring opps in the first half which weren't capitalized by some poor finishing from our forwards. Rino's almost makes us pay with a counter attack as they hit the post after a scramble in front of the net and two saves by Diego, after that it seeemed that we woke up and started pushing Rino's further and further into their own half, although they didn't help themselves much playing 1 forward and having their centre mids act like stoppers, extremely defensive scheme, too defensive for my liking, but who am I, to each his own. Score 2-0 at half after some precise passing and finish which nets us two by the Khan brothers, their firsts as members of Chile.

The second saw Chile dominate possession throughout save for some quick counters by Rino's which sees them exploit an error in the Chile back line to make it 2-1 10 minutes into the 2nd, but 5 minutes later we potted the 3rd and a few minutes after that the 4th which pretty much sealed the deal. Rino's back line was constantly under siege, but our finishing in close is still not where it should be and we are putting sitters wide and over the bar, Our mid's were strong despite having Ray on the sideline nursing an injury, this was a very impressive win for our side against an opponent that we think will be near the top of the standings once they get their full team in. pd

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 Rich Oly 1

The Train continued its winning ways against the physical lads from Richmond today. The Olys demanded a price all day but the youth laden locomotive took a 1-0 lead to the half before German import Thomas cracked a beauty past four defenders and the goalie to take a commanding lead. With twenty to go NK's energetic opening goal scorer Deluca whiffed on one in his own eighteen that was promptly deposited in the NK net to make things tense down the stretch. But the engine had enough steam to thankfully make it to the station as a tie would have felt like a failure as opposed to week one when it felt like a victory. Allllllllllll aboardddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Olympics 0 - TSA Royals FC
The game started off fairly scrappy as both teams felt each other out. The game settled down and ~30min in our striker put away a beautiful goal, fighting off two defenders and slotting the ball past the keeper. 1-0 at half. Royals came out strong in the second half and put away a second goal within the first 10. Olympics responded with some pressure but could not finish their chances - few of which were of high quality, a lot of shots from 25yards or so. 20 min in our striker slotted away the third off a break where the keeper came out to prevent a break but was late to the ball and the ball was put into the unguarded net. That pretty much sealed it - Royals collapsed back into a defensive shell for the final 15 min and played out to the final whistle under pressure. Onto next week.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Fc 1 Nk Hrvat 2

Well we definitely demanded a price on everyone of the nk lads today it's too bad we gifted them the victory with 2 bad defensive giveaways. Their second goal was a heck of a crack as the young forward did well to jink past one or two to slot it home from the top of the box. Outplaying nk for the most part of the game and enjoying the majority of the ball it was good to see the lads playing well. We did well to capitalize on one of their defensive errors as Amit sloted home a well taken half volley from the top of the 18 but NK held on for the victory. Very unfortunate in our costly mistakes but that is what parody in a league will do you can kick the crap out of a team all day and have one stolen away in a blink of an eye. Lessons will be learned as the season moves forward we can't wait for the rematch down the road. I'll bring some extra shinnies for you guys next go the ones you lads had on didn't seem to help. Always good to see the watcher out doing what he does best watching well in buddy good luck the rest of the way !

onto next week

cheers , the Rattler

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a chance to see chile and rino play this weekend I was hoping for a close game but it didnt play out like that. Im not sure if rino was missing any players cuz they didnt look strong at all. Rinos were kicking and running the whole game they had couple of good chances but couldnt finish. Chile looked sloppy at the back line they were getting caught on the counter attacks numerous times they were lucky not to be down by couple of goals. Chiles midfield looked really strong I was really impressed by the skill for div.1. If chile wants the promotion they really need to organize the back line or else good teams will punish them. Goodluck to both of them rest of the way

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binger's Army 2 .....the army muster up enough troops for the stalemate
Estrella de Chile 2 .....Drop their first points allowing the train to grab a share of top spot

Akal FC 2 .....Strond d rules the day
Metropolitan FC "A" 1 .....Not enough in the tank

TSA Royals "A" 2 .....Is another clean sheet on the horizon?
Lobbans FC "A" 0 .....Maybe Randy should dress

Punjab DU Hurricanes 2 .....Does DU stand for driving under (the influence)
Vancouver Olympics 1 .....NK stalwart Nelson getting pine splinters for ninety minutes is bad karma

NK Hrvat "A" 2 .....Steam power is not to be fooled with
Serbian White Eagles 0 .....Will be seeing red and white checkers in their sleep

Rino's Vanc. SC "A" 2.....Robert its called ttp chill out
Rich. FC Olympics 2.....Having been to the mountain on Saturday this week will seem less arduous

PS.....Charlie Sheen and Slash wanted The Watcher to pass along their gratitude to the boys at NK for allowing them to ride the train into the roast. Grandioso :cool:

And I looked, and behold a pale horse:
and his name that sat on him was Death,
and Hell followed with him.
And Power was given unto them over the
fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword,
and with hunger, and with death,
and with the beasts of the earth. :knvb:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
and with the beasts of the earth.

What the fcuk? :confused:

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS.....Charlie Sheen and Slash wanted The Watcher to pass along their gratitude to the boys at NK for allowing them to ride the train into the roast. Grandioso :cool:

and with the beasts of the earth. :knvb:

FACEPALM_Dean_Winchester.gif

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:football:NK 1 White Eagles 1

Nice game to watch. Scoreless at the half. Serbia had some good skill in the middle of the park and got some action in the NK corners leading to a few hairy corners and free kicks one of which went off a knee over the NK keeper to give the Serbs the lead. NK had almost opened the scoring in the first half when Anthony beat his defender and took it deep in the right side of the box and rifled it short side off the inside of the post just below the crossbar. Serbia then took a second yellow red on a tackle from behind on Kenji who I must say gets fouled twenty times a game. NK pressed, not as hard as the coach would have liked, for the last 15 and were rewarded with a late rebound tap in by their money man Goose off a free kick from the edge of the box that German import Thomas drilled under the jumping wall. A couple late chances might have stole Hrvat the victory but it was not to be as the game ended in a fitting draw.:football:

The Train avoided the bitter taste of defeat today to remain undefeated after three.:wa::wa::wa:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 4-1 Binger's: A pretty good match for Chile today, possession was our number 1 asset and Binger's strategy to let us have the ball and pressure us all over the pitch seemed to backfire as our guys were very composed and exploited the seams left open by the overloaded pressure Binger's was excerting. Chile announces within 5 minutes of the opening whistle when Adriano springs Souza on a partial break but he puts it over a charging "Critter who cut his angle pretty good forcing the shot. Chile go up 1 nill on another stellar play by Souza as he gets the ball near the top of the 18 and rolls his way past the stretched Binger's defense to put a low strike past the Binger's goalie who didn't have a chance. Chile continues exploiting the seams and after a few dangerous rushes up the Binger's left flank, Habil springs through untouched and pots it home for the 2-0 lead which Chile takes to the half. In the second Chile maintains possession and manage to slot the 3-0 on an other good play by Souza which Ray puts home. In typical Binger's fashion, they come right back and slot one off a corner which our defense did not even challenge to make it 3-1. Chile go up for on another Ray and Souza collaboration which Ray buries without hesitation. Overall, it was a good game for us as we dominated possession and the score, our guys dinked around with the ball a little bit too much at times, but they got the job done. Binger's never quit and kept pressing for the full 90 keeping our guys honest. Nice to see a few "scouts' out at Memorial today. On to next week! pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0