Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey / Toons

I took up my position on the far side to avoid the inevitable heckling from Guinness who had a gleam in his eye from previous night's activities ....... still stunned to say the least ......

Good to meet knvb finally but did have to cringe as Rob Toth absolutely ran through him on a shocking challenge which was not called !!! :eek: (Regs' favourite referee was in charge). I was 40 yards away and dozing off in the mid-afternoon sun level with G ....... :D

A pretty uneventful match to be honest with a terribly taken pk in the first minute (Surprised no posts about it !!!!) that was just outside the box apparently. Sportstown had a decent chance in the last minute of the game with a Jarvie shot that just went wide of the post after the Surrey keeper did well to shut down the angle. Surrey also hit outside of the post in the first half with some good ball movement and quality attacking play.

Appreciate the beer knvb ...... Cheers,

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too Much Respect for Fonseca

Originally posted by Notty

...I'm not as bitter that Fonsaca (sp) jumps 10 feet each time you touch him...but more so that he has duped the referee and they are giving him the call.

~Notty

Try crying to the Ref in a 3 year old voice "Ref he is trying to draw something, he is cheating"
It worked for me on Friday vs. Burnt Toast.

As for Fonseca, I can see that he may get a little more respect from the Refs, they all want a mention so they can do WhiteCap games next year:rolleyes: .

Time will tell, to see how many guys will stand for diving, before they take matters to the next level, the 3 year old Whine:(

knvb, who took the PK, was it worse than Besty's earlier in the year?

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spencer Copen.(sp) That was his first and only pass or shot under 50 yards all game. His right leg must be awfully sore from kicking so many long balls. Plonker. The PK it's self was in the first 3 mins and was piss poor to say the least, he shot it almost straight down the middle, even Smiles who gets down like a BC ferry turns (just kidding buddy :D ) had zero trouble with it.

Walks did a great job down the line for someone who was in comma. It was probably the result of all the bitching an moaning he had to endure while he was refing the previous shocker. Richmond premier my ass, looked more like a Valley Alumni tourney....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty, I didn't take it! It was the toons PK. (see above) Really, if you can't keep up....

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two reasons for the mistake

1. Still not working...Brain down shutting...habing twouble folkassing
2. KNVB and dodgy PK's are synonymous with each other...I've seen you in the pipes, you’re better at stopping them!

~Nottywhoisstillconfused!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Premier ......

knvb .... Don't get me started on that debacle what those lads call football. If those prats weren't yelling at me, they were yelling at each other ..... quite embarassing really but they have just got absolutely no clue. Apparently, to qualify to play in the Richmond Premier league, you have to:

a) Take at least 5 touches to control a ball and after doing so, hoof the fcuker off the park as soon as it's under your control.

b) Not have a fcukin' clue what an offside is.

c) Whinge for 90 minutes at everybody on the park primarily at your own players.

d) fall over any line marked with lime on the park (the kickoff is a beautiful thing to watch .......)

One word sums it all up: DISGRACE

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty

but when any player on the field starts juggling the ball in the middle of the park, you’re going to hear from the opposition. Besides, I thing Greg Louganis is looking for a new diving partner.

I am saying that Tony doesn't dive, but so do most forwards, they may not all admit it but I am sure if the occasion occured then they would.

As for what to do when someone starts to juggle in the middle of the pitch "Jocking" would be a good thing to do obviosly you are doing your job he doesn't want to turn on you, and he then decides to juggle, so why not let him go backwards it is better then going through him.:D

Cheers
JB

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmmmm

The reason Fonseca juggles the ball up to himself is that hackers don`t slide in from behind on him. As many player may or may not know, that`s how most players break their legs.

In response to him diving, he does go down easy sometimes, but almost everytime he did, he was kicked or fouled first. When a player has his back to you, any contact in the back is a foul, it`s a no brainer.

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys, boys, boys.

Come on, you guys are slagging a player that is miles ahead of everyone. He is taking payers half his age to school. I think we should all be embarassed that a 38 year old ( i think?) is the best player in our league.

Instead of slagging him, maybe you guys should just take a step back, watch, and learn on how the game should be played.

Fonseca, is the best player that ever played in this league, with his crudentials, which I am sure we all know by now, it should be a privilege to even have him in the league and to play against him or with him.

Considering how shitty the quality of this league has become, ( you guys in your 30's know what I mean) it should be a breath of fresh air to have a guy like that in our league!

Forget about his diving and let the stripes worry about it.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if he is diving, but...

TPS: if the guy (Fonseca) is continually diving to get calls (and I don't know if that is true as I haven't seen him play this year), then people have the right to complain about it.

I am suspicious, though, when I see Notty (who may have committed a foul for a pk ;) ) complaining about his diving. However, if the guy is a persistent diver, then everyone should be bitching.

I find it hard to concede that a guy is a great player and everyone should be proud to have a quality player like him in the league, and all that, if the guy flagrantly violates the rules by diving.

Although some asshole criticized my entire team for diving recently, I don't condone it as it is crap. I also find that it can work both ways for the divers. One week they get a bogus call their way, and the next week Notty whacks him down, and NO call.

:p

Notty: I really do think you were innocent in the Fonseca dive, based on your record of soft play and all that. Nah, you'd NEVER chop a guy, especially if he was close to scoring. Nah.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard ACM beat MF 2-1 have no idea what happened in the game heard this after practice.

Cheers
JB

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, your points are well taken, but i don't think that because he dives alot, that this takes away from the fact that he is a great player. I don't like his diving either, but the players can't do anything about it, it is up to the referees ( which is a problem in itself these days)

Let's not forget fonseca's upbringing, much different that ours. These guys are tought to get an edge anyway possible, and if it means diving to get a foul, so be it. right or wrong, I don't know.

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:wa:

Yes, ACM 2 - MF 1

Not a very good played game in the pure soccer sense, but we got the result we needed.

I must say that playing at Mundy Park is a joke, the lighting is absolutely atrocious. You could not see the fcken sidelines, and your depth perception was totallly off. Very poor, either get more lighting so players can see properly, or stop playing friday nights. Azzi, are you listening?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts