Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just IN from Chillcrest

Originally posted by Regs
Capitals 4
Argentina 0

Peg 2
Sporting 1

Here are the match reports from HOS's Angle.

Caps vs. Argies
The Caps were very lucky to be up 1-0 at the half, as the BBY. team didn't come out very strong, and the very young Argies team Hit a post midway through the first half. Goal scorers for BBY., Larsson with 1, should have been 3, and Morris with 3, one was a P.K. Argies hit another post in the second half, but really had no other chances than that. Not a great game to watch, Moritzio in the middle with little to do, except call a dodgy P.K., it was called when Morris fell on the ball in the 18, and the Argie Player kicked at the ball as Morris was down, the Argie player did kick at his back, but what is the ruling on a player falling on the ball?
Thanks to the Caps Staff for the Pints, I love the 5 for $5 for all former players!:D

Flying Cnuts vs. PorkDivers
A pretty good match to watch. Peg had a young team out, with many of the old boys out with injuries or hurt feelings. Even London had to leave during the first half, the young Slurrey Kid came on and played well.
As for the game, Peg went up first in the second half on a bad touch by one of the Sporting Players that went to a Peg player who hit it through many legs into the far post. I think it was one of the Gomsey Bro's with the touch.
Chops came right back with a free kick goal by Fonseca, who curled it over the wall and into the near post, it wasn't a hard struck ball, but it was placed well.
Back and for after that, until about 10 left and Dailly stepped up and hit a low free kick over the wall and into the near corner. Alex M. in goal was not happy about his wall ducking at Pauls kick, but the guy can hit a ball.
Some great tackles in the match, with Fonseca getting no respect from Rene in the middle, Peg Management had mentioned that they did not want Moritzio in this game because of the respect he has given the WhiteCap Coach in the Past.
Great win for the Flying Cnuts who are missing many big guns, but are still getting the points.

All three of those teams, Peg, Sporting, and the Capitals should look out when they start playing the "A" Side, those will be your tough matches. I love it when the Caps can talk about all the points they have, when they are all against the Argies, M.F., and A.C.M.:rolleyes:

Glad to be back home from the day of Football:
10 AM - Columbus vs. SFU Clan - O-35's
12 PM - SID's MF cat vs. Recco's Sap cat - Locked in the Changeroom
1 PM - Earls on Broadway with Sarge - Nice Ladies;)
2 PM - ChillCrest for Pints - Thanks Keith:p

HOS

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Incredible

HOS, you didnt miss a thing. I am amazed at your recollection of the days events after all the pints. I guess thats what makes you the cagey veteran you are.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re peg and the goalie

That's a shame about Stevey L, peg has nothing to worry about
Shawn Perry being in the pipes.I coached the kid for 2 years and the kid
is a great keeper and even more a super lad.

roll on peg,roll on.
coach.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Incredible, Write evrything down as the Day goes on

Originally posted by Sarge
HOS, you didnt miss a thing. I am amazed at your recollection of the days events after all the pints. I guess thats what makes you the cagey veteran you are.

Sarge, when you wake up from a dream and want to remember everything, YOU Write it Down.
Regs now pays me to write down all game reports when I go to games on the weekends.
The problem is, I am having problems reading my writing right now:D

HOS

And I was gong to help Sarge with all his leaves to be racked, not any more.;)

Coach,

The young Peg keeper did very well, coming on cold in the first half. He came off his line well, he reminded me of a young keeper that played at Peg a few years ago, but that Keeper had better hands and was from Burnaby.
The young kid did have trouble on the Fonsaca free kick, I think he should have gotten across a little quicker, it wasn't hit that hard.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

From the excellent site:

Westside 2
WOPS 0

Sportstown 3
Trollups 0

Wow. I know there are a fair number of games to still play, but I think the Croats can kiss Premier goodbye, that is a huge win for the pink army :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Regs
Westside 2
WOPS 0

I guess Weakside Avenged the 4-0 loss earlier in the season. Is that 0-3 for Inter, what the hell is happening over there. They should go on their Whistler Trip Now, and take HOS with ya.
As for the Pinks, they must have gotten all those UBC players back, that is a tough lose for the Trollups, but that field in Ditchmond is shocking.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
first place is good right?

weakside 2
inter 0

big win for the shoemakers at adanac today. not much to report in the way of controversy or injuries. inter would (and will) beg to differ with the last minute offside goal but really didn't make a difference as it was the in the dying seconds. a few minutes likely left after the goal but ward (who, in my opinion did a fine job) killed the game after listening to a few to may piss and moans.
three crossbars for yours truly today which leaves a somewhat bitter taste, but the result is all that matters.
another big one against khalsa next week. especially considering the roll their on...no game = no loss this weekend...gotta love those rainouts;)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
grammar police

may = many = typo
their = they're = unpossible grammar (thought i'd save captain the trouble)

notty no post on the argie spanking?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy

I now know who you are...
We were wondering who this guy was that just hit two crossbars....
Westside were deserving of the win, and no, the last minute OFFSIDE goal would not have changed the outcome....just the final score.
We were unlucky not to score though, we had two clear cut chances early on, and if one of those goes in, its a different game....but the same could be said of your dings off the crossbar.

The officiating.

Horrible.
How can you say he did a "fine job"

He was shocking from the beginning to the end.

Again, I am not making excuses. Westside beat us, and it had nothing to do with the officiating.....

That being said, he is a terrible referee.
MANY Westisde players and fans were laughing at the offside call, wondering if was 10 or 15 yards offside....

Onto Slurrey next week....

How long before the Christmas break??????
:confused:

Zaurrini

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK...OK...if your in dire need of some Notty Love!

HOS was partly correct! We were fortunate to have only one goal in the first half...it should have been 6. As for the Argies chances...a couple were produced from a few brief mind farts on the pitch! Nothing that couldn't be handled by the back line and Cory's angles! (Yes HOS...you can read angles without sh_tting the bed :D )

Other than that the match was well in hand! A depleted sideline on both sides of the field made for a fairly uninteresting match! Bottom line...Argies are struggling! As Captain Sham, besty, Neil and I discussed at the Hockey game Saturday night...we wouldn’t be surprised if they are unable field a full team by the end of the season!

Time to go back to a 10-team league! This will keep the muckers out, concentrate the talent and bring the competitiveness back to the league! No more letting the Gorge represent BC at the national’s…f_cking embarrassing!

~Notty

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
notty: thank-you for sharing the love. world is a better place for it.
zaurrini: my apologies, as "fine job" should have been followed by a :rolleyes: usually expect that is a given on TTP.
the offside goal was somewhat reminiscent of benji's third the last match. karma's a bitch.:D
all the best against slurrey. a draw would be much appreciated.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As posted earlier, we dropped a tough 3-0 decision to Sportstown at King George yesterday.

I may have had the nicest assist of the day, collecting a back pass and depositing it right onto the foot of a Sportstown striker, who had little trouble cashing in on the gift. That gave them a 2-0 lead and killed any momentum we had going at the time. Fcuking brutal move on my part.

They slotted the third tally (and Darby's second of the day) after his PK was saved but the rebound came right back out to the opportunistic shooter. Kinda typified how things went on the day - nothing went right for us. This is not to take anything away from Sportstown though - they were the better team for 90 minutes and were full credit for the three points.

I think we've got Croatia next week.

-Sensei.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may have had the nicest assist of the day, collecting a back pass and depositing it right onto the foot of a Sportstown striker
Sportstown seems to have this play down pat. Don't worry Sensei, it's happened to the HOS as well :rolleyes:

Notice I didn't say best...

~Regs.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to be back

It's been a while and it seems I haven't missed much...!

Regs,

I'm sure your happy to see I'm back?

This was my first game back and we've gotten another 4 guys from UBC so we should be able to turn the rest of the season around?

Sensei,

Unlucky day for you my friend! You made a nice save on that PK though!!! We both have some rust to shake off!

It'll be interesting to see what Croatia will try to pull in order to stay up........?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It Does Happen to the BEST of US

Originally posted by sensei_hanson
I may have had the nicest assist of the day, collecting a back pass and depositing it right onto the foot of a Sportstown striker, who had little trouble cashing in on the gift.

What is Regs on about, Sportstown is the Toughest Team in the league, when it comes to intercepting keeper clearances.
And I though it was just me:rolleyes:

HOS

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nice to be back

Originally posted by Zeus

It'll be interesting to see what Croatia will try to pull in order to stay up........?

Stay up? Croatia will be battling for the Provincial Cup again this year. UBC players usually mean fitness, not quality. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, Zeus.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia will be battling for the Provincial Cup again this year

wtf? this really is too fcuking easy. one of the more delusional posts i think we'll see in a long while. "again" would imply croatia was battling for the provincial cup last year? could go on and on, but it would obviously be a pointless excercise.

zeus: good to see you back. big fan of the avatar! feel free to continue "turning your season around" around our return match.;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0