Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vijay Singh:"I hope she doesn't make the cut."

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
She won't take the spot of someone qualifying, she will take the spot of someone who is granted a sponsor's exemption. There are 8 sponsor's exemptions for each tournament for those golfers who have previously been members of the PGA Tour but no longer are. these include former winners, player's from the area where the tournament is being held etc. Since they are sponsor's exemptions, the sponsor gets to choose who plays. If the sponsor wanted Jennifer Love Hewitt to play, she would. If the sponsor wants to create a huge amount of buzz and publicity by inviting the best female golfer to play, they can. Whether or not you care if she should play or shouldn't, the TV ratings for this event will be enormous and that's all anyone involved with the event cares about.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see

Thanks One Dart for the clarification.

So does that mean she is taking money from someone who already has a ton of it?

PS: I'm glad you added teacher to the end of you sport desciption.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hell, I'd play...

Crap, if I could sit around, drink beers, and gain tons of weight like Dave Barr:rolleyes: I'd hit the circut too:wa:

Yogi, no doubt about it, but you have to realize, those 'muffies' could kick the rest of our asses too:eek:

+SC:eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mmmmmmmmm.........................muffies..............................:p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly that doesn't apply to me SC. You've seen me in action; how can you not say anything but im-pres-sive! :D

:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woods: Sorenstam should play more events

Associated Press

5/14/2003

ALVESLOHE, Germany (AP) - Tiger Woods not only thinks Annika Sorenstam should play next week's Colonial, he believes she needs several chances to prove she can compete with the men.

``I think it will be more fair to her if she could play four or five tournaments - then you could judge on those results,'' Woods said Wednesday before playing in the Deutsche Bank Open. ``I'm sure if she did play four or five, she'd get on a roll . . . In one tournament a lot could go wrong for her.''

Vijay Singh told The Associated Press on Sunday that Sorenstam had no business playing the Colonial and said that on the odd chance he gets paired with her, he'd withdraw.

``I hope she misses the cut. Why? Because she doesn't belong out here,'' Singh told AP golf writer Doug Ferguson during an interview as he left the locker-room after the Wachovia Championship in Charlotte, N.C. ``If I'm drawn with her, which I won't be, I won't play.''

On Tuesday, Singh attempted to cast his remarks in a different light.

``If it was an attack on Annika at all, I would like to apologize to her,'' Singh said. ``I actually said if I miss the cut, I'd rather she miss the cut as well. I hope she missed the cut because I don't want to have a woman beat me.''

A review of Ferguson's notes confirmed the original version of Singh's remarks.

That came after Nick Price, the defending champion at Colonial, said her entry in a men's event ``reeks of publicity'' and that she should qualify for the tour first. Scott Hoch said he wants to see her play well so people will realize ``how much separation there is between us and the ladies' tour.''

Woods thinks it would be a feat if Sorenstam survived the cut at the Colonial.

``I would think it was a fantastic performance - no doubt about it,'' he said.

But Woods said that was because the long 7,080-yard Colonial Country Club course was very difficult, one raked by thunderstorms and winds, with potentially tricky pin placements.

Sorenstam won 13 times around the world last year, the most by a woman in nearly 40 years. Two years ago, she became the first woman to shoot 59.

Playing at Colonial will make her the first woman in 58 years to compete on the tour. The last was Babe Zaharias, who qualified for the 1945 Los Angeles Open.

Colonial is an invitational with a limited field. Sorenstam received one of eight sponsor's exemptions.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tiger is a fcuking hypocrite........Ask him if he thinks Anika should be able to join Augusta..........He flaked on the topic of female membership at Augusta a couple of weeks ago.

Sandman

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hell, I'd play...

Originally posted by sexualchocolate
Crap, if I could sit around, drink beers, and gain tons of weight like Dave Barr:rolleyes: I'd hit the circut too:wa:

Yes but as with Dave Barr, you wouldn't make any money until you hit the seniors tour.

Why is Vijay apologizing but we have heard nothing from the Reporter Ferguson who decided to quote only what he felt like to distort what VS said?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wie to play on Nationwide tour

Associated Press

5/15/2003

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Teenager Michelle Wie has accepted a sponsor's exemption to play in the Boise Open on the Nationwide Tour, becoming the first female to compete on the PGA Tour's developmental circuit.

Wie, an eighth-grader in Honolulu who already hits the ball longer than some PGA Tour players, will be the third female this year to go head-to-head with the men.

Annika Sorenstam, the No. 1 woman in golf, will become the first woman in 58 years to play on the PGA Tour next week at the Colonial.

Suzy Whaley, a Connecticut club pro, last year qualified for the Greater Hartford Open by winning a PGA sectional tournament from a shorter set of tees. That tournament is at the end of the July.

Wie, 13, already will have experience by the time she gets to the Boise Open.

She also has been invited to play in the Canadian Tour's Bay Mills Open Players' Championship on Aug. 21-24 in Brimley, Mich.

"She is exploring unlimited possibilities," said her father, B.J. Wie, a University of Hawaii professor. "I hope she makes a good impression on the Nationwide Tour players."

Wie already has made an impression on PGA Tour players who have watched her play during the Hawaii swing in January. Tom Lehman first called her the "Big Wiesy" because her swing reminds him of Ernie Els.

In Janaury, a half-dozen players stopped practising on the range at the Sony Open to watch Wie hit her driver, belting the ball about 285 yards.

Wie tried Monday to qualify for the Sony Open and shot 1-over 73 at Pearl Country Club, coming up six strokes short of earning a spot in the field. Still, she tied for 47th, beating more than 40 players - some of whom play the Nationwide Tour.

On the LPGA Tour, Wie shot a 6-under 66 in March at the Kraft Nabisco Championship - the first major of the year - to get into the final group Sunday. She finished tied for ninth.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Vijay pulled out of the tournament. Good for him.

Here are some of Willhill's odds on the carpet muncher....

Annika Sorenstam To Finish In The Top Ten
Bet Until : 06:00 22/05/03

Competitor Price Unit Stake

A Sorenstam 15.00

Win Only & Singles Only

Annika Sorenstam To Finish In The Top Five

A Sorenstam 26.00

Win Only & Singles Only

Annika Sorenstam To Make The Cut

To Miss Cut 1.28

To Make The Cut 3.50

Win Only & Singles Only

Where Will Sorenstam Be Placed After The First Round

73rd Place Or Worse 1.83

72nd Place Or Better 1.83

In a head-to-head match-up with Jasper Parnevik, he is a VERY respectable 1.36 to beat her. Slam dunk.......

Captain

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those who care

Annika shot a +1 today.

Was -1 after birdying 13 then bogied 5 and 9 to finish +1.

Not bad except that she's tied for 76th place.

She did beat Canadian Ian Leggat who shot a +3 today.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a head-to-head match-up with Jasper Parnevik, he is a VERY respectable 1.36 to beat her. Slam dunk.......

Perhaps not. I believe I saw JESPER with a -4 (66). Maybe he gambles on Willhill and has some extra motivation.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps not

What do you mean, Willis? This is a slam dunk. He is already up by 5 strokes.......

Remember, she if fcuking tied for 73rd, so let's not say how wonderful she did. Dyke.

How good are the oddsmakers btw? One of the bets on Willhill(I'm not sure if I posted it) was that she would be ranked LOWER than 73rd or HIGHER than 73rd after the first day. Are you kidding me? They are fcuking spot on.......Scary actually......

Come on, Jesper. I have $5000 on the cnut. :rolleyes:

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How good are the oddsmakers btw? One of the bets on Willhill(I'm not sure if I posted it) was that she would be ranked LOWER than 73rd or HIGHER than 73rd after the first day. Are you kidding me? They are fcuking spot on.......Scary actually......

I honestly believe they know something that nobody else has access to. No wonder I lose more than I win.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon, Captain. You gotta give the old rusty bike credit where credit is due. That was a boat load of pressure for 18 holes.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you for the most part. However, she has certainly brought alot of excitement to a tournament that is second rate.

Sort of like Celtic in the UEFA Cup Final:eek: ya beauty!

Peace.

Buckfast

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain: you’re a very bitter and angry man these days. What’s the problem? Did a lesbian take some money from you on a golf course recently? Is the unionist in you starting to come out? Did Regs leaving Club I really hurt that much?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, Dude. Go shove that fcuking horn up your arse.

Did anyone see the big fcuking cry baby at the post 'failtomakethecut' conference? Fcuking ridiculous. BTW, she has absolutely NO tits and actually looked like a guy on the course. I'm glad she didn't make the cut after watching her cry and seeing the size of that bugle. I'm surprised it doesn't get in the way when she is swinging the club. Her knockers definitely wouldn't get in the way. Nice putting. Once again, hopefully we will not see a repeat of this in the near future. Go back to cooking meatballs, Annika Dykestrom.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0