Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC in Vancouver

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
about friggin time, but like everything else in the city i bet it end up getting cancelled eventually

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the Kings-Canucks game, there were three fights in the stands around me. Can you imagine what would happen at GM Place at a UFC fight? Good god, yes I would go but I may wear a bullet proof vest. What is with this city?

Actually I shouldn't talk I was on Robson in 94, (tear gas sucks), GnR last time
(Axl sucks), and at the Great Purdy's Chocolate Riot of 06 when Purdys ran out of choclolate and Kevin Hector ate everyone at Coquitlam Center.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the Kings-Canucks game, there were three fights in the stands around me. Can you imagine what would happen at GM Place at a UFC fight? Good god, yes I would go but I may wear a bullet proof vest. What is with this city?

Actually I shouldn't talk I was on Robson in 94, (tear gas sucks), GnR last time
(Axl sucks), and at the Great Purdy's Chocolate Riot of 06 when Purdys ran out of choclolate and Kevin Hector ate everyone at Coquitlam Center.

I was agreeing with you right up unitl the end. 06' was my skinny year of the Sushi diet until I got mercury poisoning:eek:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember being in a box at a WWF event - there were many fights in the stands - quite entertaining - until of course they stopped selling beer. UFC will happen - too much money to keep it away.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
fights happen at every sporting event, in every city in the world.
people in vancouver tend to overreact, and bitch about everything.

Sancho IV

Sep 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, people over react nowadays, there was a time that my Uncles couldn't find anyone to fight so they fought themselves. No big deal just dealing with aggression. Vancouver has always been a tough city. Just like every other inner city, just never the population of others cities.

You used to 'take the piss' on someone and they just laughed it off. Now everyone cries to Oprah, Doctor Phil, etc. They feel somewhat just like those morons that go on national TV and bitch and moan. Just suck it up and move on. Fack'en 'ell get on with it.

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This even will be a bust...too many drunken douchebags will ruin it. The sales in Langley of fight t-shirts is going to rise, as we all know wearing a affliction shirt makes you tough.;)

There will be just as many fights on the skytrain ride down from Whalley as there will be in the stands.

I bet Johnnyicantplaysoccerbutpostalldaybluenose will be fully decked out in his tapout gear.:D

Then again so will 90% of the skytrain riders that night.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fights happen at every sporting event, in every city in the world.
people in vancouver tend to overreact, and bitch about everything.

Whatever there is.

I haven't attended anything overseas, but I've attended several events in several cities accross North America...no other city has the douchbag like-to-fight guy quotient of Vancouver. Vancouver is the only city where I go to the event actually expecting some sort of a fight somewhere nearby, and the only place where I am extra careful watching my back as I leave the facility...because these same douchbags think it's cool to pick fights after, in the streets.

Anyone who thinks it'll be any less w/ this crowd is effing clueless.

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever there is.

I haven't attended anything overseas, but I've attended several events in several cities accross North America...no other city has the douchbag like-to-fight guy quotient of Vancouver. Vancouver is the only city where I go to the event actually expecting some sort of a fight somewhere nearby, and the only place where I am extra careful watching my back as I leave the facility...because these same douchbags think it's cool to pick fights after, in the streets.

Anyone who thinks it'll be any less w/ this crowd is effing clueless.

I agree with you Dude.

I have been to a few UFC's and no real problems...The ones I have been to in Vegas have been great.....I gurantee that won't be the case here.
The douchebag content will be running high that night.

Make sure to wear your bullet proof vest under your tap out shirts.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you Dude.

I have been to a few UFC's and no real problems...The ones I have been to in Vegas have been great.....I gurantee that won't be the case here.
The douchebag content will be running high that night.

Make sure to wear your bullet proof vest under your tap out shirts.

I think the biggest fight of the night will be when the maple ridge monster truck crowd mixes with the langley affliction crew..

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree that Vancouver is probably going to have it's goons and thugs ruin it.

The city (especially the City of Vancouver) could use the revenue spike an event of this nature will create (what with them owning the Olympic Village now and everything :rolleyes:)

I worked as a bartender in a nightclub that was well known as a haven for Drug Dealers, Pimps, and Gangsters... These are the same guys that were topping each other on a regular basis during that spree last year. I worked there for 4 years, and the cash was great, good friends, good times, but ultimately a friend of mine getting taken out for "knowing too much" had a guy like me (married with a mortgage and 2 small kids) quitting asap once the club started losing control over these guys being in the establishment at all times... The nights were always the worst following UFC PPV events.

A lot of these guys are the guys that are the ones walking around in the affliction shirts that look like someone ate a tube of sparkly glue and then threw-up on themselves... or got drunk and went to town with a be-dazzler... These guys are the ones that "People" are scared of ruining the event, and they are probably right.

What should be noted is many respectable people that live normal lives, report their income to Revenue Canada, have legitimate children, hell even Doctors and Lawyers are going to make up the majority of the 19-22K they pack into GM place....

Like the '94 riots, a few bad apples will ruin the barrel.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You all have to realize it will be worse outside than inside. The "monster truck crowd" as you refer to went there, got drunk and fought. Ticket price? $10 maybe. UFC will price those types out of the place, cheap tickets will be minimum $100 to try and eliminate riff raff. And you think UFC is stupid? They can make truck loads of money from the Vancouver market, and they aren't going to let it get ruined by retards in the stands. Security will be in extremely high presence to ensure it goes off without a hitch. I wouldn't even be surprised it there were no alcohol sales in GM Place, or they get cut off quite quickly.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pierre will not be able to fight here as he fights in March so rumor is we are either getting a Penn title fight or the big draw the return of Lesner:wa:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was in Vegas for Lesnar vs Couture and it was crazy. No problems at all, with the crowds or anything, the atmosphere was crazy and I can't wait to go back for another event. The UFC does an awesome job with security and they will definitley need to, for the wanna be lesnars out there with the something to prove attitude and trying to pound the guy who took the last bud and hot dog or xxl affliction shirt at the stand. Seeing Penn would be awesome as his fights are usually full of pace. Lots of the big name fighters are in all the cards before June ( yes things can change with injuries and what not) so Lesnar and Penn are good shots, cause as of now, who would you put on the card, with only a few months between fights. Perhaps we'll get to see Kimbo. Non the less, im excited and can't wait.:wa:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what ticket prices will be like?

When I went to the UFC in Vegas, I paid $300 per ticket, and that was for AVERAGE/DECENT seats. Crappy seats, and I mean crappy, were $100. I imagine they will cost the same here.

Hopefully if people are paying $300 per ticket here they can enjoy the fights instead of having to worry about getting in one!!!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pierre will not be able to fight here as he fights in March so rumor is we are either getting a Penn title fight or the big draw the return of Lesner:wa:

I had the honour of meeting GSP while I was in Montreal and he said any fights in Canada especially Vancouver he will fight if given the opportunity. Great guy and one of the most down to earth dudes I've ever met.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0