Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 U 21 could be bit stronger this year.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah there's 2 very clear tiers of teams..

Tier 1: Langley, WV, Rino's, and MF
Tier 2: Rovers, Norvan, Croatia (and the already defunct PCOV-KLM)

If you want to see something really tragic go checkout the Peace Arch Wolves in FVSL U21

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder who'd win between PA wolves and PCOV-KLM? But seriously this league is pointless with results like that..Not fun for a player when showing up means u are guaranteed a win.. Blow this BITCH up!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was once talk about merging the U21 groups between VMSL and FVSL.

If you took the top 4 from each League you'd have a very competitive U21 division.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Initially were an entry from the Langley FC youth club.

However, looking at the Langley United website it looks like they've now struck a partnership to merge and play as Langley FC. This will probably take place before next winter season, so this may be the only year we see these guys in VMSL.

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO, not sure what worth it is to anyone, U21 is too old of an age bracket. It should be u18 and then men's.
Physically, there's no reason why a 19 year old shouldn't be playing men's football.

I started playing Men's football in the Uk when I was 16ish. Arguably slightly too early, but if you're good enough, you're old enough.
U18s serves a purpose for those who may be good enough, but who are not physically/mentally ready. By 19, you should be both physically and mentally ready to be playing Men's football.

And this is shown by what you're saying that all the better 19, 20, 21 year olds are already playing Men's games, leaving the u18s to play u21 soccer. So if the u18s are playing u21s, then u21s basically becomes u18 elite.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We used EIGHT of our U21s in our Div 1 match on the weekend and won 4-1.

If we used those eight players at the start of the season I can just about guarantee that we would not have gotten that result. The players have developed extremely well this year, but that also owes partially to the fact that they've been pushed by excellent teams such as West Van, Langley, and CMF.

There is one player who is in his final year of U21 and will push for a full time Div 1 spot next year, but in his first year of U21 he almost never saw the field. He barely weighed 125lbs. I would say he is the type of player whom can benefit from playing U21. Not all players develop at the same rate (either physically or in soccer abilities)

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Different league, but Port Moody uses their U-21 team as call ups regularly in Prem/Div 1 and down. It's a decent league for our U-18 teams to transition into Mens soccer, rather than having only 2 or 3 signed to prem to warm the bench, they keep playing/practicing together at a high level. However, both leagues have a significant drop off it seems after the top 4 teams. A combined league would keep them playing at a higher "cat" level.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We used EIGHT of our U21s in our Div 1 match on the weekend and won 4-1.

If we used those eight players at the start of the season I can just about guarantee that we would not have gotten that result. The players have developed extremely well this year, but that also owes partially to the fact that they've been pushed by excellent teams such as West Van, Langley, and CMF.

There is one player who is in his final year of U21 and will push for a full time Div 1 spot next year, but in his first year of U21 he almost never saw the field. He barely weighed 125lbs. I would say he is the type of player whom can benefit from playing U21. Not all players develop at the same rate (either physically or in soccer abilities)

Sorry, Dezza.......I don't buy that. If they're good enough to play div. 1, they should be playing there.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Initially were an entry from the Langley FC youth club.

However, looking at the Langley United website it looks like they've now struck a partnership to merge and play as Langley FC. This will probably take place before next winter season, so this may be the only year we see these guys in VMSL.

Langley is a soap opera at the youth level.
Two different fractions going at each other with each club offering competing boys and girls programs now.
In the past LUYSA was the Boys and Langley FC was the Girls.

We, the Men's Club, are LUFC.

The VMSL entry is LUYSA's U-21 and I imagine they'll stay.
The FVSL U-21 side is our's.

We and the Girls club have just joined forces on the merger.

Clear as mud?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley is a soap opera at the youth level.
Two different fractions going at each other with each club offering competing boys and girls programs now.
In the past LUYSA was the Boys and Langley FC was the Girls.

We, the Men's Club, are LUFC.

The VMSL entry is LUYSA's U-21 and I imagine they'll stay.
The FVSL U-21 side is our's.

We and the Girls club have just joined forces on the merger.

Clear as mud?

Are you saying there isn't enough room in Langley for two youth clubs?

How about two men's clubs? Langley Athletic FC are now in the PCSL Premier division ;)

As for the VMSL U21 team, I found this: Langley United Youth Soccer Association - LUYSA VMSL U21 Team : Powered by RAMP Interactive

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are plenty of examples of 18-19-20 year olds not being ready for men's making the u21 division reasonable. I agree it should probably be a u19 or u20 league though (in both FVSL and VMSL - u18 youth soccer isn't going away) and then just have a rule similar to PDL. You can have XX# of overage players on the field/squad at any given time.

Any thought to combining the FVSL and VSML u21 divisions?

Chilliwack FC uses the u21 division to blood youngsters - this weekend using u16 player(s). They also do it out of need due to the size of the club but the kids that get called-up love it. In this way the premier team uses u21 players and have used youth players as well.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Dezza.......I don't buy that. If they're good enough to play div. 1, they should be playing there.

Captain, I agree. We would never hold anyone back who is capable of playing at a higher level.

My point was in September when the team got picked, they weren't good enough to play Div 1.
If we didn't have the U21 team we might have taken a couple of them on the Div 1 team, but they would have likely sat on the bench the whole year, not developed, and still be deemed "not good enough to play Div 1".

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0