Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 U 21 could be bit stronger this year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapparton has made few changes in their coaching. Jiba and John Panman will take care of U21. It should be much better side this year. Over coaching could be a problem.
There is a talk that Croatia Soccer Club might add a U21. In my opinion cat team is good enough.
North Shore will be a stronger side. KLM will improve. PCOV will be better. ICSF club I am not sure few guys will go to other club div one teams.
As far as rest of the clubs it remains to be seen.
Dezza is your side better than last?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only way for the FVSL/VMSL u21 divisions to really improve is for the u17-u18 youth levels to be feedings a large portion of the players while they are still u17-u18 aged....even some u16's would be ready certainly. But clubs don't encourage that at all.

Abby's FVSL u21 team (starting in 2012, first year), WILL be fed by their u18 teams DURING season play, but certainly will have a u21 main roster. Chilliwack's u21 team had loads of u17/u18 players over the 3 years it was around.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapparton has made few changes in their coaching. Jiba and John Panman will take care of U21. It should be much better side this year. Over coaching could be a problem. There is a talk that Croatia Soccer Club might add a U21. In my opinion cat team is good enough. North Shore will be a stronger side. KLM will improve. PCOV will be better. ICSF club I am not sure few guys will go to other club div one teams.
As far as rest of the clubs it remains to be seen. Dezza is your side better than last?

A league in which numerous games are forfeited has to be seriously looked at (11 games forfeited last season).

The league even does not schedule assistant referees for U-21 games which is plainly wrong.

I heard from a guy who has been involved with the MF organization for years that even MF has some issues with U-21 team for the next season. Apparently a lot of talented young players left in the middle of the last season while some younger ones think they should go straight to the Premier team without playing a single game for U-21 which then creates animosities on more than one level. The same source said that CAT team played numerous games short a player or two.

Now, if a big club like MF has these problems I can't imagine that one ethnic team you mentioned (Croatia) may even think about fielding U-21 team. It is a miracle they have CAT team beside a Premier team so I really cannot see how they could find enough players for U-21 team.

I also heard that PCOV is gone as U-21 side; ICSF too. Let's see if these are just rumours.

Anyway, MF had a great U-21 team two years ago (watched it a few times; the team was so good that it could be one of the top teams in Division 1 that season).

Wickham was very good last season (and, as far as I know, they were the youngest team last season). You could see that the coach and the players of that team played with the passion.

VMSL and FVSL should really form one U-21 league and see how that would go.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only way for the FVSL/VMSL u21 divisions to really improve is for the u17-u18 youth levels to be feedings a large portion of the players while they are still u17-u18 aged....even some u16's would be ready certainly. But clubs don't encourage that at all.

Abby's FVSL u21 team (starting in 2012, first year), WILL be fed by their u18 teams DURING season play, but certainly will have a u21 main roster. Chilliwack's u21 team had loads of u17/u18 players over the 3 years it was around.

This is exactly what CMF did all of last year - especially when all those players left. There was one game where most of the players were from the U16 select team. In fact, my 16 year old scored the winner in the semi finals of the U21 cup and 15 year old Brody H scored the winner in the final.

I assume the same thing is going to happen again this year as the BCHPL U18 team is very, very strong and players will be filtering into the U21 and Wolves team from weekend to weekend when needed.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly as it should be, DJ! The next step is making the u21 divisions more of a showcase situation whereby playing there gets the kids university-coach exposure. etc.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
u18 should definitely have showcase events. BUT, sorry for not breaking it down very specifically for y'all. Made the mistake you'd read between the lines.

"Showcase" as defined for younger kids playing up in u21 - Bump up the u16, u17, u18 kids to u21 and make sure "the right people" are seeing how those kids do against kids that are OLDER than them. Dominating u18 is one thing, but dominating kids a few years older than you will show university and possible pro scouts a lot more. Or video tape their performances in u21 and distribute.

Is that clearer?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cash grab (or employment) for people that make a living convincing parents to pay dearly for a hope...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
u18 should definitely have showcase events. BUT, sorry for not breaking it down very specifically for y'all. Made the mistake you'd read between the lines.

"Showcase" as defined for younger kids playing up in u21 - Bump up the u16, u17, u18 kids to u21 and make sure "the right people" are seeing how those kids do against kids that are OLDER than them. Dominating u18 is one thing, but dominating kids a few years older than you will show university and possible pro scouts a lot more. Or video tape their performances in u21 and distribute.

Is that clearer?

Yup that is clear, but it fails to recognize the fact that the majority of high-end players who are over 18, but eligible for Under 21 do not actually play in the U21 leagues. Most of them are already playing on open men's teams. So, all you'd be proving with your "showcase" is that the best 16 and 17 year olds can dominate second tier 19 and 20 year olds.

Oh wait, that was already proven by the Whitecaps when their prospects team absolutely destroyed the VMSL U21 league 3 years ago.

And again by the Victoria Highlanders who just entered a bunch of high schoolers in the VISL and won the U21 Provincial Cup this past season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
College players do not play in any U21 league, at least not any that are any good.

So what exactly would be the benefit to showcase younger players playing with/against crap players?

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC is going to field U21s this year based on the idea that linking with the youth club for player development is a better way to go than CAT. Norvan has affiliated with North Shore boys youth club and is going down the same road. West Van's team is mostly Cap Univ. players, guys from their PCSL side, some youth add ons and they'll bring a few guys down from premiere every week until the college season is over. Be interesting to see how they do.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rovers U21 team played Langley on the weekend and got beat 5-2. The Rovers used 3 U18 players. Langley had three very good strikers.
Rovers Coach, Djiba Camara is still holding tryouts, not just for his U21 team, but also to see if he can find players who he can train during the season with the possibility of trying out in Europe next fall. Camara has connections in Hungary and France, from his playing days there. Any 16, 17 or 18 year old top level players who want to be considered should contact assistant coach John Penman at 604-785-6371.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rovers U21 team played Langley on the weekend and got beat 5-2. The Rovers used 3 U18 players. Langley had three very good strikers.
Rovers Coach, Djiba Camara is still holding tryouts, not just for his U21 team, but also to see if he can find players who he can train during the season with the possibility of trying out in Europe next fall. Camara has connections in Hungary and France, from his playing days there. Any 16, 17 or 18 year old top level players who want to be considered should contact assistant coach John Penman at 604-785-6371.

Were the U18's from HPL?

Does anyone know what the story on the Langley team is? Are they part of Langley United FC in FVSL? I thought there was a VMSL requirement to have a senior team in this league before entering a U21 team?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were the U18's from HPL?

Does anyone know what the story on the Langley team is? Are they part of Langley United FC in FVSL? I thought there was a VMSL requirement to have a senior team in this league before entering a U21 team?

The U18s were from Burnaby Selects U18, from a team coached by Penman.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very quiet in here this year.

Our boys are on a 7 game winning streak, and beat West Van handily last week. They have a huge match today against Langley, who are definitely the surprise team of the year -- their only loss was when they couldn't field a team on a Friday night when TWU was also playing. Now that University season is done I would guess they'll be even stronger! Should be a cracker out at Willoughby today.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well nevermind about the big match today... it's postponed!

It could now become a winner take all match at the end of the season...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapparton has made few changes in their coaching. Jiba and John Panman will take care of U21. It should be much better side this year. Over coaching could be a problem.
There is a talk that Croatia Soccer Club might add a U21. In my opinion cat team is good enough.
North Shore will be a stronger side. KLM will improve. PCOV will be better. ICSF club I am not sure few guys will go to other club div one teams.
As far as rest of the clubs it remains to be seen.
Dezza is your side better than last?

Here we are 7 months later and the season 99% completed and Mr. Base's predictions have proven to be true. The U21 division is a lot better. We improved our U21 team a lot and will only finish in 5th place. Langley, Westvan, Westside and CCMF are very strong and one of them shoudl end up as BC Champs this year. There are lots of good young players in the U21 division this year who will be looker for Div 1 and Premier spots next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0