Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] NHL - Flyers @ Canucks 20071010

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Canucks TTP Bookie of the year, look for these every gameday morning here to bet as well as discuss the game before and after.

Which 'Nucks team will show up?

Both teams are 1-1

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stat of the day is it's been 6 years since Philly was here last. I don't know why I felt I needed to post that, but there it is...

5 mill on the Canucks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
should have bet it all :(

on another note...Jesse Boularees crosschecks Kessler in the face!? If Downie gets 20 what does that warrant?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly my point, if Downie gets 20 games for falling off the knife edge of what is acceptable and what is not on a "hockey play" what does this wankstain get for breaking his stick over Kesslers chiclets on a cheap crosscheck?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game last night and what a waste of great seats! There was no level of competitiveness, desire or bottle in the Canucks squad. Even Lou looked very ordinary and may have been still been injured?

I still haven't seen a replay of that cheap shot Kesler took from Jesse Boularees, but what wound me up to no end was the lack of passion the players had in the third period and their lack of respect to the fans that sold out the building for the 150th (or so) time!

On the same shift that clown ran our guys in their own end 2 times before he got a 3rd lick in at Kesler! Mitchell and Bieska should be embarassed of themselves. Those two let him hammer our guys in our own building late in a game we were getting lumped in! No bottle or pride until Kes is on the ice and the officials are in betweeen the players. Bieska then gets kicked out on a 10 minute misconduct for droping his gloves and doing SFA! Lame.

A couple of minutes later another Flyer takes a run at our goalie and the only Canuck to get in there is Cooke who proceeds to get his faced smashed in. Oh ya and Cowen was on the ice and uninterested in doing anything about it! Sickening to watch, thank god I didn't pay the $120 face value on my ticket.

I love the Canucks, but we sure looked like a bunch of pussies. That image will be spread around the league and more teams will come into the Garage and take liberties on us. Someone may need to step up as I don't think Nazzy is the guy to start fighting back.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't buy the PPV as the quality is shite.
My not buying has nothing to do with the Nucks, if it hasn;t changed from last year they can stick PPV where the sun doesn't shine.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would get the PPV package if they produced it in High-Def. They don't so i don't. If you are going to sell the games like they are they should be doing them in the highest quality theycan. Last year there were times where it was like watching a game on Rabbit Ears.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone hear Noonis's interview on the TEAM this morning? He completely called out the players for the lack of intensity, heart, you name it. If you know anything about Vignault, he'll be all over these guys, and there will be some movement down and up from the farm. Raymond...good effort, but the bigs is a different matter.

I'll say it till he proves me wrong: Naslund is not Captain material. Bieksa may be, but last year he would have pounded the first guy he could get his hands on, and he failed to do even that.

This is just bad...early signs are that these guys said all the right things, but aren't prpared to do all the right things like they were last season.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way Bieksa is playing so far he may be Captain material by the end of the season.

It would be Captain of Manitoba but still a leadership position.

Good for Nonis for calling them out. If they don't show up for 1 of 2 vs edmonton i would expect to see Rypien back (if they don't have him here by then) and the phonelines working hard as Isbister, Ritchie, and Cowan have all played soft so far and not shown any emotion. There could be some waiver action for one of those 3 in the future.

I would not want to be a Canuck today for the pratice that Vigneult runs them through today. Honestly. how the fcuk do you get a breakaway while shorthanded on a 5 on 3.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding. You could say that about most of the players. Bieksa has been shocking so far.

I think you see Rypien up next game, and I think you see Isbister or Ritchie waived, to make an example. You know at some point Cowan will remember what got him his new deal, and get back to being a belligerent, red-headed prick.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before we all break our ankles jumping off the bandwagon remember that is loss is still a loss. 1-0 or 8-2 or 16-0 still means that you only lost a shot at 2 pts in the standings.

Remember also the Nucks got done bad by the Ducks Nov 9th last year 6-0 and still won the division, Lu got lit up like a xmas tree that night, and still was in the running for a vezina and the hart.

I honestly think the Canucks can win the division or be a playoff team, but quite easliy miss too. The Canucks will not have a shot at being real contender (other than the Luongo factor that he can steal any game you play) untill they get out from under Naslund, Morrison, and Ohlunds contracts. All three make way too much money for what they contribute on (and reportedly) off the ice. It's really too bad that Healtey resigned with the Sens. Haveing the Nucks go headlong into a chase for him would have been something to see next summer. But alas.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0