Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie Event] Canucks vs Ducks

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Place your bets...

A tie will be called after overtime finishes...and before the shootout begins!!

Good luck!

GAME: Vancouver Canucks (34-21-4) @ Anaheim Ducks (35-16-9).

A winning streak has put the Vancouver Canucks alone in first place in the Northwest Division. Another loss to the Anaheim Ducks could prevent them from staying there very long.

Winners of four straight, the Canucks look snap a five-game skid against the Ducks when they continue their season series Tuesday night.

Vancouver (34-21-4) hasn't lost since falling 3-0 to Chicago on Feb. 7. The Canucks' latest win, 5-4 over Colorado on Sunday night, moved them two points ahead of Calgary in the Northwest.

The Flames play at Colorado on Tuesday, while Vancouver will be trying to earn its first victory over Anaheim (35-16-9) since a 3-2 road win Nov. 20, 2005.

"Everyone talks about first place, first place. Yeah, we want to end up there, but our focus has to be on our play," said Canucks center Brendan Morrison.

Henrik Sedin scored the tiebreaker 1:31 into the third period Sunday and Brendan Morrison added his second goal of the game on a power play 2:20 later to lift Vancouver.

Matt Cooke had a goal and two assists for the Canucks, giving him two goals and four assists during a four-game point streak.

Roberto Luongo gave up all four goals, but faced 36 shots as Vancouver struggled defensively. Luongo went 3-0-0 with a 1.59 goals-against average in his previous three games.

"I'm happy with the win, but I don't think we played sharp," Canucks forward Markus Naslund said. "We've got to cut down on the mistakes."

Luongo is 4-4-0 with a 1.99 GAA in nine starts against Anaheim.

The Pacific Division-leading Ducks will look to bounce back against a Canucks team they've outscored 8-1 in beating it twice this season.

Anaheim had won two in a row before a 4-3 overtime loss to Los Angeles on Sunday night. Teemu Selanne scored his club-record 301st goal with the Ducks.

"Obviously, it's an honor with all the great players who have been here. It's a really nice bonus," said Selanne, who topped the previous mark set by former linemate Paul Kariya.

The goal was Selanne's 36th of the season and 17th in his last 21 games. He has four goals and four assists in his last three games after being held scoreless in the previous two.

Selanne has three goals and four assists in his last five contests against Vancouver.

Anaheim defenseman Chris Pronger was struck in the face and throat by a slap shot 48 seconds into overtime Sunday and left the ice, but the injury wasn't serious.

"The majority of the puck hit him in the chin, so we were fortunate in that respect," Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said. "It didn't do as much damage as we thought it did at first."

Chris Kunitz scored for Anaheim at 1:54 of the second period. It was his 20th, giving him one more than he had as a rookie last season.

The Ducks are 7-0-0 against the Canucks when Kunitz plays, although the forward has only one goal and one assist in those games.

LEADERS

CANUCKS

Goals: D. Sedin 25
Assists:H. Sedin 48
Plus/Minus:S. Salo +13
PIMs:K. Bieksa 89

DUCKS

Goals:T. Selanne 36
Assists:A. McDonald 39
Plus/Minus:C. Pronger +22
PIMs:S. O'Brien 140

INJURIES

Ryan Kesler (hip) is out for Vancouver.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm calling a Nucks win in shootout... This is another HUGE game at this junction in the season... A win in Dysneyland would be a big lift in confidence for Vancouver beginning a 4 game road trip...

Canucks 3 Duck 2 - SO

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Nuck's are going to surprise the Ducks, it's been a while since we've played them, regulation win.

Canucks 4 - Ducks - 2

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Can't see the Canucks winning.

I hope I'm wrong.

Me too, although most are thinking of how the ducks were playing, we have 10 more wins than them since x-mas and they score about as much as we did at the start of the year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Vingnault has pushed the right buttons and played the right cards by resting Luongo. The boys are desperate to get Saborin a win, and I think they'll not just win this game, but will win by a comfortable margin.

Anaheim has serious goaltending issues right now...

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks in OT.... Congrats to Sabourin on his first NHL win, now take a seat... Luongo is back...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0