Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trade 'Em or Sign 'Em Rumours

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Corson a Canuck

Won't happen. Corson and Tucker come together and the Nucks wouldn't touch Tucker. He is a cancer and a hot head. They have stated over and over again that who ever they get will have to fit in the room and be under Naslunds $$.

Chris Gratton from the Sabres is the guy that seems to fit the bill. There has been a lot of talk in the media, but they tend not to know the facts.

LeanwouldliketoseetheNucksmakeamove

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the k-nucks are looking good as they are right now.
If anything, maybe just a 2nd or 3rd line guy with some scoring ability.

Who would you take off a line for Corson?

The first line shouldn't be touched.
The second with Linden and the twins are seeming to play well and starting to gel.

The 3rd with the muckers , Cooke, Klatt and I think it is Langdon or Letowski played great a few nights ago.

So if anything the person we get would have to be a half decent scored we can throw on the 3rd line or if the 2nd line plays like shite change it up there.

But the way they are playing now doesn't seem to demand a change.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gratton

would be a huge mistake!

Can you say Jim Sandlak?

Corson is more of a team player...Stanley Cup Ring

How many Nucks have stanley cup rings?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Corson is done!!

Everyone always goes to the "he has a ring". It is crap! There are more plumbers in this league who have rings that did fcuk all to earn them.

I would take Gratton instead of Corson, he is still pretty young and I think the influence of Bertuzzi would bring the guy along.

Lean'stwobits

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gratton,Isbister and Vinny.....

There is about 4 other teams really interested in Gratton, with Colorado being the favorite to land him. He has done nothing in his NHL career and I dont even think Todd Bertuzzi could light a fire under this guys arse.

The Canucks should go after Brad Isbister. The guy makes less than $2 mil. a year and is a pretty decent player. He was mentioned in a possible trade to Buffalo for Miro Satan. Or why not make a statement and go after Vinny Damphousse. Sure he makes $6 mil. but he is a free agent at years end. Give up a couple young prospects or Bryan Allen for him and try to win the cup. An addition of a player of his calibre would heavily increase the Canucks chances of winning a cup.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real guy the Canucks should be going after is Tim Connolly from Buffalo. The Sabres have their entire roster on the trading block and this might be a good opportunity to pick up a player who can help in this year's playoffs, and beyond.

He fits in with the age category of the team (same draft year as the Sedins - 22 years old), makes $1.1 million a year, and would be an excellent fit as the #2 center behind Morrison.

Plus he helped me win the Stanley Cup in NHL 2003 for XBox, so I gather he'd do much of the same for our beloved Canucks.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Connolly couldnt even center a line with Haley Wickenheiser. The only reason he is a second liner is because Buffalo is so broken down. He has an astonishing 18pts in 65 games....BIG NUMBERS.

Who the hell uses Buffalo in Video Games?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marchment an Ave

This is what real contenders do.
The improve their team....are you listening Brian???

Mar 09, 2003

Colorado acquire Marchment from Sharks for draft picks

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- The Colorado Avalanche acquired defenseman Bryan Marchment from the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night for two draft picks.

The Avalanche sent their selections in the third and fifth round of the next draft to the Sharks for the hard-hitting Marchment, known for hits on the borderline of legality.

Colorado beat out at least five teams for Marchment, who chose the Avalanche from a list of suitors presented by San Jose general manager Dean Lombardi. Marchment played in the Sharks' loss at Phoenix on Saturday night, but flew home immediately to see his family before joining the Avalanche.

Marchment had been an integral part of the Sharks' defense since 1998, but he will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

On Wednesday, the Sharks traded captain Owen Nolan to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by The Apprentice
Who the hell uses Buffalo in Video Games?

Using the Canucks, I swapped Trent Klatt and Lubomir Vaic to Buffalo for Connolly. It was the trade of the century. His overall rating went from 78 to 83 in one season, and he scored like 5 OT goals in the playoffs for me.

It is vision and leadership like this that make me such a successful Xbox GM. Who the fcuk uses Trent Klatt anyways?

The thing with Connolly is that he'd come on the cheap because a) Buffalo is "broken down" and looking to dump salary b) he's struggling with no linemates to play with, so his numbers look paltry compared to the actual talent the kid has. It'd be a good opportunity for us to snag a full-time player and probably give up little in return. Methinks the Sabres would take a combo of Letowski and minor-league fodder for Connolly and some Buffalo fodder. Be realistic here Appy...Vancouver is not in the same situation as Montreal, where they're almost forced to make a major trade at the deadline just to salvage what they have left of a playoff chance. A minor adjustment is all we'll see here in Canuckland, so by my estimation a move for Connolly would probably fit the bill better than most "big-name" speculated deals out there. By the way, enjoy seeing what a hot commodity like Craig Rivet nets you on the open market there, sunshine.

Connolly would be an improvement from the little output Vancouver is getting from Letowski - plus Connolly has more potential, upside and youth going for him. If you look at his career numbers, he'd gone up in scoring from 34 to 41 to 45 points in his first three NHL seasons, and then came the devastation of having to play alongside the current bums he skates with in Buffalo. The guy was a #5 pick overall as well.

As for this Marchment deal.....wow. Another excellent opportunity for this bastard to go knee-on-knee with the various Vancouver players in the playoffs....assuming the two sides meet. Good deal by Lacroix, once again re-establishing himself as the best GM for deadline deals. Imagine having Foote and Marchment pair up on D - that's a freakin nightmare for forwards.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Marchment deal is as simple as this.

You'd rather have him on the inside pissing out than on the outside pissing in.

He's a cnut.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will anyone take him?

Rumours abound that Theo Fleury and his $4 million salary have been put on waivers by the Blackhawks.
Who wouldn't want a guy who makes comments like this:

"I'm not done playing this game, there's no way. I'm a fighter. I just want to continue to play and stick it up everybody's (butt) once again and prove everybody wrong."

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leafs acquire Wesley from Hurricanes
TSN.ca Staff

3/9/2003
TORONTO (CP) _ The future is now for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and they continued to make that clear Sunday when they acquired veteran defenceman Glen Wesley for a second-round pick in the 2004 NHL entry draft.

Toronto's first-round pick in the deep and talented 2003 draft disappeared Wednesday in the blockbuster trade that brought winger Owen Nolan to the Maple Leafs.

Wesley's time with the Leafs will probably be short-lived as he is an unrestricted free agent July 1. But the quest to end Toronto's 36-year Stanley Cup drought has the Leafs giving up a little future, which has rarely been the case under Quinn.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours this morning

I have heard some rumours this morning from my sources that there is a chance that Jagr may be moving to Detroit in a three way deal with Washington, Detroit, and someother team.

Just caught the tale end of the conversation. Anyone hear more about this one?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No talk for Dougie

After retiring last night, nobody has anything to say about Doug Gilmours retirement?
How about "It's about fcuking time!"
Or "What took so long?"

After losing Dougie the Leafs picked up a young talented player to take his place, Joe Nieuwendyk.

Discuss.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No rumour

Rather than try to get this thread started with Leafs news, here's another story from todays NHL News.

The New Jersey Devils today signed free agent center Igor Larionov to a contract. The announcement was made by Devils' CEO/President/ General Manager Lou Lamoriello. As per club policy, no further terms were disclosed.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dissapointing

CBC SPORTS ONLINE - Pavel Bure's hockey career is in jeopardy after doctors deemed his injured knee isn't strong enough to allow him to withstand the rigors of the NHL.
On Thursday, on the first day of the New York Rangers training camp, Bure was declared medically unable to play this season after failing a physical.

Awwwwwe. Poor Pavel.

:D

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you the only person ever on this thread? ;)

As for Pavel...that is too bad. Regardless as to how the fans of Vancouver feel about him...he is one of the most exciting players to watch. The NHL needs players like him to sell the game. He is one of those players that keeps you on the end of your seat whenever he is on the ice.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i guess

I think I am the only one. I guess soccer is the topic of discussion right now.

Thanks for posting Argyle, at least it makes me feel better that someone actually read my post.

:(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0