Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Toronto Maple Leafs

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Polska I can't agree on the Blue Jays who have 2 World Series victories (back-to-back, in fact). Not a Toronto fan, but not a hater either. You can maybe clarify that as recent failure but I was witness to Joe "Hero" Carter and his travelling miracle trunk and it was electrifying to see a Canadian team take home those championships.

Also, Toronto FC is still a brand new team who sell out their stadium consistently. Show me where else in Canada they can do such great things with soccer. We here in Vancouver can't even sort out a Waterfront stadium and have to reno a shite dome.

reffering to playoffs and present situations:rolleyes:

a question of "what have you done for me lately?" is what i refer to

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, Toronto FC is still a brand new team who sell out their stadium consistently. Show me where else in Canada they can do such great things with soccer. We here in Vancouver can't even sort out a Waterfront stadium and have to reno a shite dome.

Correction where Correction is due:

The Whitecaps have had attendances at or near capacity for 5 years strong now at a facility that is truly shite, with dodgy transit access and is a total nightmare to drive in and out of.

The Whitecaps will be sold out for a lot of their games for the next two seasons purely on people buying speculative tix to get in the front of the line for the move to MLS, where BC Place is going to look vastly different than it does today.

If you look at a few of the dinosaur stadia that were refreshed for the Germany World Cup and compare the one in Frankfurt (I think) it is a direct corrolation to BC Place.

The WFS is clearly on the backburner for now, but a very real possibility in the next 10-15 years as Kerfoot owns the land and isn't in a hurry to sell as it is an appreciating asset as it is the last undeveloped non-crown lands on the Vancouver waterfront.

Stadium there or not, a new one will be built- "Soccer Specific" on those moneys...waterfront? Hopefully...but if not a new one WILL be built somewhere and it will be fantastic.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction where Correction is due:

The Whitecaps have had attendances at or near capacity for 5 years strong now at a facility that is truly shite, with dodgy transit access and is a total nightmare to drive in and out of.

The Whitecaps will be sold out for a lot of their games for the next two seasons purely on people buying speculative tix to get in the front of the line for the move to MLS, where BC Place is going to look vastly different than it does today.

If you look at a few of the dinosaur stadia that were refreshed for the Germany World Cup and compare the one in Frankfurt (I think) it is a direct corrolation to BC Place.

The WFS is clearly on the backburner for now, but a very real possibility in the next 10-15 years as Kerfoot owns the land and isn't in a hurry to sell as it is an appreciating asset as it is the last undeveloped non-crown lands on the Vancouver waterfront.

Stadium there or not, a new one will be built- "Soccer Specific" on those moneys...waterfront? Hopefully...but if not a new one WILL be built somewhere and it will be fantastic.

JBN,

I will believe it when I see it...and when I do rest assured I will be a big fan of the "whatever they decide to call them" MLS team. For now I can't base my appraisal on unrealized potential. Toronto FC still stands as the only Canadian team who got their shite together and is developing into a nice little team.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamascho,

Have you been to a game?!

What would you say of Montreal!?

Do you have the faintest idea of what you are talking about that is based in any sort of realism of fact?

They were gifted a stadium to serve the needs of MapleLeaf sports and Entertainment.

The Whitecaps owned land and had plans and visions of a Downtown/Waterfront stadium that was invited by then council long before MLS&E even thought of MLS.

TFC is a team that is average at best in MLS, they have a bunch of Wanna-Be Danny Dyers posing as TFC Supporters tearing up Stadia in Ohio and getting into it with Police.

They struggled to attract flies when they had the USL Lynx.

The Caps are generating titles and well filled to packed swangard stadium in USL-1

They have sold out of Deposits for BC Place, and they have set records for their franchise in Seasons Tickets and flex pack sales this year.

Give your head a shake.

You also may be surprised to see how the "Lowly" USL Caps fare against the "BigBoy" MLS-TFC this year...last year we went 1 win and 1 draw against them in the CCL Nutrilite Championships/V's Cup. I wonder if you too, will wait for the move to MLS to see the quality "improve" :rolleyes:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamascho,

Have you been to a game?!

What would you say of Montreal!?

Do you have the faintest idea of what you are talking about that is based in any sort of realism of fact?

They were gifted a stadium to serve the needs of MapleLeaf sports and Entertainment.

The Whitecaps owned land and had plans and visions of a Downtown/Waterfront stadium that was invited by then council long before MLS&E even thought of MLS.

TFC is a team that is average at best in MLS, they have a bunch of Wanna-Be Danny Dyers posing as TFC Supporters tearing up Stadia in Ohio and getting into it with Police.

They struggled to attract flies when they had the USL Lynx.

The Caps are generating titles and well filled to packed swangard stadium in USL-1

They have sold out of Deposits for BC Place, and they have set records for their franchise in Seasons Tickets and flex pack sales this year.

Give your head a shake.

You also may be surprised to see how the "Lowly" USL Caps fare against the "BigBoy" MLS-TFC this year...last year we went 1 win and 1 draw against them in the CCL Nutrilite Championships/V's Cup. I wonder if you too, will wait for the move to MLS to see the quality "improve" :rolleyes:

JBN, breathe with me....in...out...in...out...

You are misinterpreting my acerbic Vancouver pessimism as slander on the Whitecaps. I never "dissed on yo boys." All I explicitly criticized was the inability for us to get the stadium deal done.

I couldn't give a shite about TFC beyond the fact that they beat us to the punch for an MLS team and have been throwing a non, stop beer fueled party in the stands ever since!

I can't wait for "us" here in Vancouver to field our MLS team whether at a refurbished BC place or at our glorious pipe dream known as Waterfront Stadium ( I bet HSBC will step up as sponsor being the only Vancouver based bank. Hmmmmm sounds nice...HSBC Waterfront Stadium)

But...I...Will...Believe...It...When...I...See...It.

If you build it, I will come (in my pants.)

You are clearly a passionate defender of the faith and have earned your "Whitecaps Knights of the SS patch." I defer to you when it comes to fanaticism, way to go buddy.

One suggestion: Xanax. It will change your life.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Breathing now...

In all seriousness, I would love a brand new shiny waterfront park, not just for the Caps, but for concerts, etc...

I think most people though are not going to give a re-vamped BC Place a chance, and that to me is sad if you look at the transformation that happened to some of the Parks in Germany and Portugal that were revamped prior to their hosting of major Intl Tourneys.

Here is the wiki page on the Commerzbank Arena that got the "more than a facelift" that BC Place is promised to undergo.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Breathing now...

In all seriousness, I would love a brand new shiny waterfront park, not just for the Caps, but for concerts, etc...

I think most people though are not going to give a re-vamped BC Place a chance, and that to me is sad if you look at the transformation that happened to some of the Parks in Germany and Portugal that were revamped prior to their hosting of major Intl Tourneys.

Here is the wiki page on the Commerzbank Arena that got the "more than a facelift" that BC Place is promised to undergo.

You are a piece of work lol

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrible last night although I have to give credit where credit is due, the Sedins are the real deal and were awesome last night. I think Hughson has fallen in love! Good for him.

With two players (Mayers and Exelby) asking for trades and the Leafs getting closer and closer to the bottom of the table, Burke had to make a deal to help out the Kessel deal that continues to look worse and worse.

Whether an underachieving defenseman with a bad attitude or a goalie who's better days are past could be a panic move or a stroke of genius. Time will tell.

Giguere isn't a bad goalie, Hiller is just better. Phaneuf has the talent but ever since hooking up with Avery's ex, he's been a disaster. We'll see.

Looks like a move not to make the playoffs but to stay ahead of the last place spot. Just might do it.

No word as of who is going the other way as of 9:15am. All three teams are in desperation mode so maybe the Leafs haven't lost the few that really have talent.

United are up 3-0 against the Arse with 390 minutes to go and the Gooners are putting on the presssure. I saw a story like this last night...

TheScore.com Sports - Your Home for Sports News, Scores, Statistics, Rumors, Games and more

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Calgary Flames have traded defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

TSN.ca

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrible last night although I have to give credit where credit is due, the Sedins are the real deal and were awesome last night. I think Hughson has fallen in love! Good for him.

With two players (Mayers and Exelby) asking for trades and the Leafs getting closer and closer to the bottom of the table, Burke had to make a deal to help out the Kessel deal that continues to look worse and worse.

Whether an underachieving defenseman with a bad attitude or a goalie who's better days are past could be a panic move or a stroke of genius. Time will tell.

Giguere isn't a bad goalie, Hiller is just better. Phaneuf has the talent but ever since hooking up with Avery's ex, he's been a disaster. We'll see.

Looks like a move not to make the playoffs but to stay ahead of the last place spot. Just might do it.

No word as of who is going the other way as of 9:15am. All three teams are in desperation mode so maybe the Leafs haven't lost the few that really have talent.

United are up 3-0 against the Arse with 390 minutes to go and the Gooners are putting on the presssure. I saw a story like this last night...

TheScore.com Sports - Your Home for Sports News, Scores, Statistics, Rumors, Games and more

dont jinx me! i need man u to lock my sports action oddset up.. i had nucks and flames to win as well. now u post there are 390 minutes left.. your killin me man:D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Calgary Flames have traded defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

TSN.ca

burke is the man:wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0