Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition said:
Some threat That Maple Laff team is. If they were such a hot team, I guess they wouldn't have missed the playoffs:D :wa: .

If you want to speak of one of the hottest teams in the Nhl right now, just take a look at the Red Wings.

How are the wings hotter right now? Do you watch hockey!

If Quinn would have played Aubin earlyier then they would be in the playoffs.

Wings will also lose in the second round....goaltending is the shits .....better hope they don't play the sharks!

Chelios should be shot....he looks like a wounded horse out there.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sharks will be brought down to earth in the second round after they barely scrape past Nashville.

Secondly this is a Nucks forum numbnuts so if you want to discuss which links they'll hit up now that the season is done go ahead otherwise go to the NHL forum for your hardon with the Sharks.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Sharks will be brought down to earth in the second round after they barely scrape past Nashville.

Secondly this is a Nucks forum numbnuts so if you want to discuss which links they'll hit up now that the season is done go ahead otherwise go to the NHL forum for your hardon with the Sharks.

Sorry back to canucks stuff

Are they still fighting to get in:confused:

Is Bertuzzi still slugish:confused:

Naslund should be stripped of the captain duties:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you're thinking clearly. He should never have been given the "C" in the first place, from the simple standpoint alone that a European has never captained a Stanley Cup winner alone. That, and the always known, but now rediculously clear fact that he just doesn't have the right personality. Yes, he's quiet, and likes to lead by example, like Stevie Y...but when he leads by example, he's a battler. Naslund just plain isn't. Even in his best playoff, all his points came from perimeter play.

As for Bert, the sooner he gets moved, the better. He actually told Tony G of the Province that Naslund was the single greatest captain to ever wear the 'Nuck's jersey. Hello? There is a guy named Trevor Linden that you play with, Bert, who lead a team with half the tallent your current team has to the 7th game of the Stanley Cup, where he score the only two goals in a 3-2 loss. Naslund would literally have to lead the 'Nucks to a Stanley Cup win to supass Linden on a leadership level. And, how about Smyl? If Naslund had just a bit of Linden and Smyl in him, we'd be in the dance today.

And Franchise, no, I'm not saying Linden should be the Captain today. Father Time has caught up to him...just pointing out the absurdity and downright disrespect in Bert's ill advised and poorly timed comment. Time to cut the cancer out.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good articles in the Province this morning interviewing Bert, Naslund, Morrison and Jovo.

Sounds like Jovo wants tso stay, but can the Canucks afford the 5-6m?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully Keenan jumps all over Bert, and trades for him. This way, the Pather's ability to sign Jovo will be questionable. Can't see Jovo wanting to go anywhere else but perhaps Florida.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert leaves, Naslund gives up the captaincy, he scores 50. It's that simple.

I heard from a reliable source last week. VERY reliable, that Nonis was shopping Bertuzzi at the deadline. PLEADING with teams to take him for nothing. Nobody would touch him. Getting rid of him this summer may be a little harder than it sounds.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was at the deadline, though, when GMs are stuck w/ their budgets, and knew full well that Noonis had a cancer, and was desperate. Doubt he was offering nothing (I know of that same source, and the source was questionable because he wasn't really in the loop, just speculating like the rest of the city), likely something, given his predecessors, and knowing that the city would vilify him at that point for not getting anything back for him. Now, with summer, and teams restructuring, the landscape changes. The public here is mostly fed up w/ the big dummy, so if Noonis does get nothing, it may not go over so badly. Plus, Bert actually showed something near the end...enough to fool at least one GM, anyhow.

I agree, trade Bert, rip the C, and Naslund may just be top 3 in the league, and a 50+ goal scorer.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert Plays for Money... With the Roll Back this year, he had to scale back his production. He lost 25% of this Money, so held back 25% of his scoring...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Bert leaves, Naslund gives up the captaincy, he scores 50. It's that simple.

I heard from a reliable source last week. VERY reliable, that Nonis was shopping Bertuzzi at the deadline. PLEADING with teams to take him for nothing. Nobody would touch him. Getting rid of him this summer may be a little harder than it sounds.

Tell your mom she is wrong.

Teams want speed and bert has clearly lost that, all Nonis was offered was draft picks. Teams wanted Bourdon!

I hope they keep him and pickup a first line center. I pretty sure everyone would play the same way if they were convicted of assult and broke someones neck.

If Linden is still.....good lord they should keep Bert and pair them up, call it the slug line

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise,

I have a standing rule around here. As a Admin type guy, I'm allowed to have those. No Mom jokes. Mine passed away in '95. My little rule is in place to make sure fcukwits like you, don't make asses out of yourself. Like you just did. Cnut.

Maybe the Canucks should take TBD to arbitration. They are allowed one per year I believe?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense and I mean this in the nicest way, but I think that's a little harsh on Franchise - no way he could've known TR!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easter. Family supposed to be around and isn't. I got a little emotional. Sorry Clint.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
No offense and I mean this in the nicest way, but I think that's a little harsh on Franchise - no way he could've known TR!

Yes, but isn't it ironic that the only way one finds out that the "Mom" jokes hit home harder on others is by fcukwits behaving like fcukwits?

Sort of like me asking Franchise how exactly he crawled out of the abortion pail. A tad incensitive if it turns out he was actually the one that squeaked past the goalie.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0