Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The legacy of North Delta

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Richmond Strikers used to stuff NOrth Delta all the time and they(W.R.) could only choose from 26 players for their team....a very small zone to say the least......

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thing North Delta had going for it was cheap housing - and three times as many kids to choose from. Even then they had to fill out their squad with the likes of RF ......

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you're saying RF's parents were cheap? Shock.

I remember Lynn Valley being the power house in my age group for a long time, even though we stuffed them in the U16 BC finals. That's right... I'm Delta alum, what of it?

I seem to recall Burnaby had a good spell at the top too…

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lynn Valley was the top squad in my age group....Cliff Avenue, Willingdon Cubs, Cape Horn........I would have to say Lynn Valley and the Burnaby clubs produced the most talent in our age group.......

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
O. Guy Oglethorpe said:
Who is Mark Avery?

:confused: in an unrelated item...
I heard he's an old guildfordcelticNSspartanSUnited nemesis:rolleyes: to some of those NDQESFCranger boys mentioned...+ he used to go to cheers once in a while when he had hair.

guildford...now that's a soccer hotbed.
just ask ballbaby:D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
through my years, junior years it was, Lynn Valley, Cliff Ave was good with Valente and them, Richmond Central (Pasha Bains, Sirai)
and Lions Gate with some rich boys.
We (North Delta were always up there, until the age change thing)

All our parents were new home owners just starting the family life in booming/cheap "North Delta".

We will find this coming out of Langley, Abbotsford etcc... in the next 10 years.

LION

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is much easier to grow a team when there are so many familes moving out there. Actually the Fireman were at the leading edge of trying to take advantage of this situation in terms of the over 35's.

A few years back we relocated our farm team out to Surrey to play in the FVSL with the hopes of attracting more talent. However, that didn't work and the team needed to merge with another struggling squad.... but as Sir M has observed this season and as indicated in the power rankings this is not proving successful.
I imagine the next move will be to Abbotsford.

:eek: :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The '74 group had Cape Horn & Olympus in Coquitlam, both feeding Metro Ford. Top nemesis in Provincials was Lynn Valley.

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good old DON SMITH would be on this site right now telling all of you that sapperton has had some pretty fantastic players over the years.If you go play at his memorial once a year, you get a first hand glimpse of all the talent he's managed to assemble over all these years.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0