Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House of Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its fcuking embarrassing to see you run your mouth, only to throw your foot into it by basically backing up my original statement.
To funny! What I want to know is when do Ref beater and Coppertone have time to use the same brain in between there posts. Neighbors?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei...

Some of your points are valid and very good but please refrain from using my name which is The"Apprentice" in your posts. The one thing that you have mistaken is the HABS do have some assets and $$$ to make blockbuster trades. Basically it's just hard to land any big superstar to a Canadian team besides Toronto. Another thing, I don't think Audette was underachieving in Dallas..but certainly Berezin was. Look at the situation Audette was in. Diminished role, less Ice-time, problems with the coach. Hitch****s current situation helps shed light on the subject. I enjoy someone like you who does bring up some good points about the HABS to come in here and have a go at them, It's good for the thread and good for a laugh.Jackass;)

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen Audette was not a good in Dallas cause he wasn't getting the ice time, and when your ice time gets cut you tend not to score as many goals. Audette needed a change of teams to get back on track and when he stated for the HABS he was playing very well then got injured, and didn't have a chance to do anything to improve. As for Berezin he scored 20 fcuking goals he needs another 11 to tie his mark this year, so don't fcuking tell me that he had a

Tremendous scoring season with the leafs

When his mark of 20 goals can still be meet. You can say that they underachieved at the end of the season if he dosn't match his totals. Until then there is not much to say.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe I have to continually spell this crap out to you

I think you're still missing the point, Coppertwat. Actually, I'm positive you are.

I wasn't the one jumping to post stats about Berezin and Audette. You were. You got all hot and cranky about me calling them underachievers, and then went on to explain what solid seasons they had last year. Now, you're calling me out for bringing up Berezin's stats with Toronto? I'm confused. This logic may work while hacking butts behind a convenience store on 1st and Renfrew, but it's lost on me.

Now, I'll make a concession that Berezin didn't have a "tremendous scoring year" for the Leafs. He was a consistent contributor who scored some timely goals and was always a threat offensively. Maybe I jumped the gun there. But that comment really doesn't have much to do with my original statement now, does it.

When you underachieve, you underachieve. It doesn't matter if your playing time is cut, or you're hurt, or you don't fit into the new system...whatever. Bottom line is this - Audette didn't perform as well as Dallas management hoped he would. Berezin didn't perform as well as Phoenix management thought he would. Regardless if Berezin was on pace to get as many goals as last year or not, Phoenix said many times, often to the media, that they felt he lost confidence and wasn't playing as well as they expected. Gosh, sounds like underachieving to me.

Now, all I'm saying is that Montreal noticed this, and decided that a change in scenery might spark these players to perform like they were a season ago.

Let's recap here, you mental midget - These guys were underachieving with the teams they were traded from. Since they came to Montreal, they're not underachieving anymore. That is all I meant originally, and that's all I mean now.

Happy reading,
-Sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice,

That will be the last time I ever use your tag in a post again. My apologies. Sincere ones too.

We're splitting hairs on the Habs inability to get marquee players into town. I say lack of tradeable players and $$$, you say small Canadian market. At the end of the day, the result is still the same - no chance of luring a big-name to Montreal.

I think the trades they pulled will do some good down the road. I still disagree with trading Savage, who was a staple of that franchise and wore his heart on his sleeve after coming back from a horrific injury. But I will agree that if he reaches his full form, Berezin will be a better fit with the team than Savage. And, they couldn't afford to lose Savage at the end of the year to free agency without getting anything in return.

Thats my two bits. I'm out.
-Sensei.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good two Bits

I think your right by saying that the HABS will benefit from the Berezin trade if his play is consistent becuase of the before mentioned Savage becoming a UFA. He wants $5 million a year, he's not even worth 3 and the HABS offered him 10 over 3 yrs.

I still disagree with you though in regards to landing a big-name player in Montreal. Alot of talk has been made about going after Selanne if he sticks out the year in San Jose. He commands big dollars, probably be looking for 8-10 million a year. Supposedly the funds are said to be there and a chance of him playing with his best friend ( Koivu, if he still is alive:( ) is enough to make Montreal a contender for his services. The HABS have brought in some marquee players ( berezin, gilmour, audette ) but they still lack the "superstar".

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs 1 Devils 0

HAbs with a big win over the devils. Theodore had another great game stoping all 19 shots the devils had. A goal in the first period by Bulis was all the habs needed to beat the devils. The habs are in a 8th place and are 6 points out of 6th place. If Theodore can stay hot and the habs can pull a few wins together the playoffs will be with in there reach for sure.

The habs next game will be against Mario and the Pens. It will be tough cause Mario always plays well agasint the habs Theodore will have to be at his best to win this one.

Prediction Habs 4 - Pens 3 (Mario- 2 goals and an assist)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For you stinking Habs fans.

(Feb 7) - tsn.ca - Saku Koivu is making great progress in his fight against cancer and may be able to play next season, TSN has learned.

Koivu will hold a press conference at the Molson Centre later tonight, where he will reportedly discuss his improving health.

Koivu, the team's captain and first-line centre, was diagnosed with intra-abdominal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma on September 12 and underwent chemotherapy treatments.

Team doctors were initially optimistic Koivu would recover, and it was expected he might miss the entire season, but there was always the possibility that he might never play again - or worse.

Doctors also said earlier that Koivu was reacting well to treatment and they expected to know if he was cured by January. Apparently, that is what the team will announce today, so Koivu could be ready to return to action next season.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saku

That is huge news for the Habs. To get there leader and best player back on the ice would be a huge plus. The habs have missed Koivu a lot. He is a type of player that can change the whole game with one play. He is the heart of the habs and it would be great to see him on the ice a the molson center again.

Saku #11 in you program and #q in your hearts.:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Saku

Originally posted by Mr Coppertone
Saku #11 in you program and #q in your hearts

Sorry Cop, just had to quote that one.

For what it's worth, He's # R in my heart.

And while this doesn't pertain to the Habs, I'll put it in here because it pertains to another group of another annoying Canadian-based franchise supporters. They call themselves "Leaf Fans."

Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Dmitry Yushkevich has a blood clot in his knee and will miss the Olympics. There are also indications that he could miss the rest of the NHL season.

Sources told TSN that the veteran blue-liner's condition will be re-evaluated at the end of February. In addition, Yushkevich was told by doctors that ailments such as this typically keep patients out of physically demanding jobs and contact sports for six months. Yushkevich's agent, Mark Gandler, told TSN Thursday that his client remains optimistic that he will be healthy in time for the playoffs.

The problem was discovered by team doctors following Toronto's win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night.

To replace Yushkevich in Toronto, the Maple Leafs have called up Nathan Dempsey from their AHL affiliate in St. John's.

Yushkevich has six goals and 19 points in 55 games with the Leafs this season. His +14 rating is tops among Toronto blue-liners.

Russia, among the pre-tournament favourites, was counting on Yushkevich to be one of their key defencemen during the Olympics. Possible replacements being mentioned are Alexander Karpovtsev of the Chicago Blackhawks and Igor Kravchuk of the Calgary Flames.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Todays program is brought to you by the letter 7

I don't remember and please don't get all bent out of shape, but when the fcuk was the last time Koivu played more than 10 games?

How can they miss him if he's never been there? The man is paper. (I know he has cancer now, but before..... ??)

Shouldn't the HEART of the team at least play on the team?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knob

he usually plays more than half the games in a season but your right , he does seem to be injured alot. In the amount of games he plays he still has great numbers and if he played a full year would be in the top ten in scoring. Hopefully he helps the HABS make the playoffs but it is just good to see him getting bac to normal.

theAPPRENTICEisback.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs

The habs go into the break only 2 points out of eight spot in the eastern confrence. They have been playing well as of late. They almost got a point out of the best team in the league, but had a little bad luck as the Red Wings scored with less then a minute left in the game. All in all they are going into the break with some good momentum. Hopefully this break will let some of the habs heal and maybe get back into the lineup.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a week ago you were raving that they were in the 8th slot. Now they're out? How is that playing well as of late? :rolleyes:

Pull your thumb outta your coppertone and focus your energy on the VSC 2002 pool!

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone must change his location!

(Feb 26) The Montreal Canadiens will now play their home games at the Bell Centre

BCE Inc., which owns Bell Canada, has purchased the rights to the name of the Molson Centre.

Bell Canada, Molson Inc. and George Gillett, majority owner of the NHL team, held a news conference at the downtown arena on Tuesday afternoon to make the announcement.

The deal would is for the name only. Gillett will continue to own 100 per cent of the arena, which he bought last year.

Gillett also owns 80.1 per cent of the Canadiens. Molson owns the remaining 19.9 per cent stake in the club.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bell center

Bell center just doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly as the ever historic Molson center does.

AS our good friend/rapper Nelly would say:
Hey it must be the money

Can't believe the Habs were bought by an American,whats next a move to Memphis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0