Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House of Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes of course

Sensei,

Burke has done wonders there...

good call.
But Theodore has played more minutes, faced way more shots, has more Shut-outs, and a better goals against average.

Hard pressed to take Burke over Theodore...despite Burke being the player of the Month.

Both contenders...but I'll take Theodore over Burke.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei, Sean Burke has had a great year but his team has played much "better" in front of him. I noticed this year that Sean Burke has had alot of incosistent games, he'll go on a period of games where he plays unreal and then he'll go out and mimick Andre Racicot.

Patrick Roy is the best ever...he has a super star team in front of him but night in night out he is dominate.

Here are the 3 Goalies numbers

1. Jose Thedore 63 games 2.14 G.A.A. .930 % 7 SO 27 WINS
  2. Patrick Roy 60 GM 1.92 G.A.A. .926 % 9 SO 32 WINS
  3. Sean Burke 56 GA 2.28 G.A.A .921 % 5 SO 31 WINS
    [/list=1]

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One win Away

Eevryone cross your fingers...and prepare to jump on the band-wagon....

The HABS are one win from the post season.:D :D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No band wagon jumping here but....

Always nice to see as many Canadian teams in the playoffs.Theodore is playing like a man possesed and whoever they meet in the 1st round are in for a battle.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed

Saku Koivu Will return. The habs who have been playing well as of late are going to get another boost as there Captain will return tommorrow against the Senators. Straight out of the Montreal Gazzette.

It will be great to see him back on the ice.

The Habs are cup bound!:D

Saku Koivu to play tomorrow at the Molson Centre

Montreal (08/04/2002)
Montreal Canadiens captain Saku Koivu announced earlier today that he will make his heavily anticipated comeback tomorrow night at the Molson Centre for the game versus the Ottawa Senators.
Koivu announced his decision after consulting the team doctors who confirmed that the recent tests were positive and that he was cleared to play.

On September 6, 2001 at a press conference held at the Molson Centre, the Montreal Canadiens team physicians, Dr. David Mulder and Dr. Vincent Lacroix, revealed that Saku Koivu was diagnosed with an intra-abdominal lymphoma (non-Hodgkin). The 27-year old then underwent systemic multi-drug chemotherapy for a period of approximately eight weeks.

On February 7, 2002, following conclusive results of multiple analysis, the team doctors announced that Saku Koivu’s cancer was in remission. Since then, Saku has followed a rehabilitation program under the supervision of the Canadiens medical personnel. However, Koivu will undergo regular re-evaluations over the next few months.

Tomorrow night will mark Saku Koivu’s first game since April 7, 2001 at the Molson Centre against New Jersey, the Canadiens final regular season game last year. He played in 344 regular season games thus far in the NHL, recording 270 points (85 goals, 185 assists).

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant performance by les Habs tonite. Even I, the hardened Montreal-hater, found myself hoping Theodore could hold onto the one-goal lead. Nice to see them crack the top 8 in the east.

Great show by the fans for Koivu as well. That's a pretty good comeback story no matter how much you dislike the team, or the city.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing beats a ....

Bruins Habs series.

I look forward to this...

I still hold the pricks responsible for when they broke the beloved Stephane Richer's finger back in 1988ish....my therapist told me to let it out.
Bastards!

I hope the Habs and Bruins meet first round...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks vs Habs in the final.

Only an nWo frumpy could dream up such lunacy. Give your head a shake man.:mad:

To stay on topic TheRob is glad the Habs have made the playoffs. The more Canadian teams the better.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We go as Far as Jose Goes!!!

The Apprentice would like the following people:

Mr. Coppertone and Zaurrini:mad: , for their constant support of the HABS all year. It is good to see we did not support the HABS for nothing.

And if you listen quietly you can HEAR a faint glimpse of ....
GO HABS GO, GO HABS GO, GO HABS GO , GO HABS GO, GO HABS GO

OR

THEROBS A HOMO, THEROBS A HOMO, THEROBS A HOMO, THEROBS A HOMO

alsowouldliketothankjimmy.hforconstantnWobackup

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to all the Habs' fans out in TTP land. If the play Boston, they actually match up well with the Bruins. Montreal's coach should be Coach of the Year considering all the injuries he had to overcome this year to make the playoffs......

Captain

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Habs

Even though I don't care for the Habs one bit, I am glad that they made the playoffs and am looking forward to a classic Habs vs Bruins playoff rivalry. With the history between these two teams it will be a fun series to watch and even better when the Habs are ousted in 6.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CUP BOUND

The Habs have finally come back to the playoffs!

If Theodore can keep up his play the habs have a great chance in the playoffs.

What a team!:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Montreal-Boston in the first round would suit the Habs just fine, methinks. Boston is an offensive-oriented team, I'm not all that sold on their blueline and Dafoe has never really done much in the playoffs. I think, and stress think, that if Theodore can stand on his head, the Habs can play defensive, counter-attacking hockey and stretch this one to seven games.

Still, shutting down Guerin, Stumpel, Murray, Samsonov and Thornton will be a big task....they'll need more than hot goaltending to do it.

The Koivu factor will play a big part, especially for the home games.

On an unrelated side note, I'd like to see all three eastern Canadian teams 1) not have to face one another in the first round (Toronto and Ottawa seem to be on a collision course) and 2) Get out of the first round, or at least go to six games each.

In the unlikely event not a single western canadian team makes the playoff, we'll need all the Canadian content in the playoffs as humanly possible.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good article

Habs and Bruins to meet for 29th time in classic post season match-up
MONTREAL (CP) -- A Montreal Canadiens-Boston Bruins playoff series was once as much a part of springtime as melting snow and flocks of migrating geese.
It's been nine years since they last met in the NHL post-season and when they begin their best-of-seven opening round series Thursday night in Boston, both clubs will be getting re-acquainted with playoff hockey (7 p.m. EDT, CBC Quebec-East, Radio-Canada).
It will be Boston's first trip to the playoffs in three years and Montreal's first in four years.
"It's the excitement, the anticipation," Habs veteran Doug Gilmour said Monday of the playoff buildup. "For a lot of guys, it's the first time in the playoffs for a long time."
Much has changed for both teams since they last met in 1994, when Boston won in seven games. Only one player from each team remains -- Bruins defenceman Don Sweeney and Habs rearguard Patrice Brisebois.
The Canadiens have since left the fabled Forum and now play in the cavernous Molson Centre. The Bruins abandoned dingy Boston Garden for the anonymous Fleet Centre.
In those old rinks, the Habs and Bruins played each other in the post-season 28 times, including nine years in a row from 1984 to 1992.
Montreal is 21-7 in playoff series against Boston, including 18 straight wins between 1946 and 1987. But the Bruins have won the last four times they met.
And how times have changed. The Canadiens practised Monday at the Martin Lapointe Arena in the St-Pierre district -- named after the Bruins forward who comes from that neighbourhood. Would that have happened in the old days? Not likely.
"It is the place we practice, that's all," coach Michel Therrien said.
All the history has little bearing on this series, which the Bruins enter as favourites after finishing first in the Eastern Conference. The Canadiens used a late-season charge to grab eighth place.
Boston has a big, high-scoring team whose perceived weakness is goaltender Byron Dafoe's inconsistency. The Canadiens have one of the NHL's hottest goalies in Jose Theodore behind a small team that labours to score.
"If we play like we did down the stretch, we can beat anybody," said Gilmour. "It's a new season now and we're all equals.
"We have a great goaltender and that's where the confidence on this club starts from."
The Canadiens go into the series on a high.
Theodore carried them to the playoffs, winning seven consecutive games down the home stretch before the team rested some veterans and lost its final two regular-season games.
Along the way, two star forwards who missed most of the season, Donald Audette and Saku Koivu, returned to the lineup -- Audette from severed tendons in his wrist and Koivu from a season-long battle with cancer.
Audette did not score a goal after his return eight games ago, while Koivu has had only three games to regain his timing and stamina.
"I've always been a slow starter and I feel like I'm still in training camp," said Audette. "My wrist is still a little tender, but at this time of year, most players have little nagging injuries.
"But like all scorers, once I get the first goal, it will come."
Koivu played little in an emotional return last Tuesday night, when 21,273 fans at the Molson Centre stood and applauded his recovery, but he saw more ice time in games on Friday and Saturday night.
"I don't even count the first one as a game -- that was just to get it over with," said the team captain. "But in the next two games, I got involved more.
"I was handling the puck better and my timing was better. There's still a lot to work to do, but it's getting there."
A team that was hammered with more than 500 man-games lost to injury the last two seasons and which had more bad luck this season with Koivu and Audette, now has only one injured player -- No. 2 goalie Jeff Hackett.
Koivu and Audette are slated to play on a line with centre Yanic Perreault, who missed practice Monday while his wife gave birth to their third child.
Gilmour, who was signed to replace Koivu when he fell ill in September, centres a line with Richard Zednik and Oleg Petrov.
If Therrien keeps those lines intact, Koivu, a career centre, will start the playoffs on the wing.
"The team has battled all year to make the playoffs with this lineup and I don't want to upset things too much," Koivu said.
"I do feel more comfortable at centre. I've played there all my life. But if I have to play on left wing, I'll adjust."

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be tough

Big Game for the HABS tonight. It's not a must win but it would really help out the team if they can steal one in Boston. I think if the HABS are to have any chance winning this series they will have to win on the road. The Bruins are a big team and you got to be pretty good to finish first in the conference so the HABS will be in tough. It looked like a good move to bring in Doug Gilmour this year because his leadership will help the team. Jose Theodore has to show why he was the top netminder in the NHL and have a good series. Hopefully, if things work out the HABS will be able to win the series in 6 or 7.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: It will be tough

Originally posted by The Apprentice
I think if the HABS are to have any chance winning this series they will have to win on the road.
:rolleyes:

No shite.

Seeing as how they play FOUR in Boston and THREE in Montreal....I guess your right Appy, the Habs do have to win on the road if they have any chance:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0