Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League (Second Half) 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL's Premier League?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • GN Sporting:eek:

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Langley United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey FC Pegasus:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Peg vs. Poco summarization

Originally posted by Skytrain
keep your slags focussed on perhaps someone else that does 'not' play in your club.
You play in my club????

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Peg vs. Poco summarization

Originally posted by Argyle

You play in my club????

Pardon the slip in words. I mistakenly thought you were part of the PoCo City Club. But to answer your question, no I don't belong to your Cheese Puff club.

To all,

FVSL site has put PEG/PoCo game down as a 'NP'. Perhaps the game will show as a 'NP' till end of season to see if this particular game could result in making a difference in league standings for BC's/League Champs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Re: Peg vs. Poco summarization

Originally posted by Skytrain
your Cheese Puff club.
Just to make sure you are correct, it is burnt cheesey puff club. Backyard Pete's ashes have that effect...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry there

Sorry about that there Skytrain. No I wasn't there at 11pm on Friday, but I figured that after being at the park for over 4 hours and still not have completed a full game was enough for one night, as me being "a youngster" and all, I still had other plans to attend to.

Whether the game is declared an "NP" or not or even if it doesn't have any meaning at the end of the season, it still should be made up, last 20 min, or a full game, as I would like another crack at your squad. Trying to break a personal losing streak.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU/GEU

Still Gutted:mad: Better yet, choked I won't be there @ J.O. this Friday!!!:(

NowwouldbeagoodtimeforaGuinness

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word???

2(b) Should any game not be completed, the League Executive shall have discretionary power to either:
(i) determine the outcome of the match or (ii) schedule the game to be replayed.

(Fraser Valley Soccer League, Constitution)

So, any word on the Poco lights fiasco?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip,

If those are the only two options for a game not being completed how do you explain what happened in last years Pak Cup competition.

One of the games (SU v. Chilliwack) ended in a tie after regulation and the ref ended the game without the teams playing any overtime.

The two teams had to meet again and play just the overtime.

What did the league consider that scenario to be:
(i) determine the outcome of the match
(ii) schedule the game to be replayed

or

(iii) lets get the teams together to finish the remainder of the game.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't shoot the messenger

Sliver,

I'm not saying that your option iii won't be exercised. I was only curious to see if anyone for your side or the SFC camp have heard how the league has decided to deal with this problem. My curiousity lead me to the league constitution, where I found that quote. I agree with you, and also think that the final 20 minutes should be played. Just inquiring. Let us know when you find out more.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Replay the only way!

On the matter of the Peg/Poco non-result game the only fair decision is a replay. If the league decides to give Poco the points after saying enough time was played to make it a complete game Poco jumps to 2nd and a provincial berth. With such a tight race SFC should be given a chance to be spoilers as well as help their fight to stay in the premier. I'm sure with the field being double booked to start with they could of easily left and asked for a replay, top marks though for sticking around. With points being such a premium this year with new provincial and pak cup rules all hell would break lose if this game decided a provincial berth.

P.S. We played 4 minutes of a screwed up Pak cup game last year due to the fact the Ref allowed the game to end in a tie. Travelling to an away park to play the overtime of game you've already played is no fun, to a man our team would have much rather replayed the game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's wrong with simply playing the final 20? Just make sure the team lists / player rosters are the same. Oh...I know what's wrong...playing the final 20 instead of the full match gives SFC a better opportunity to play spoiler, thus helping out a team like GEU. This could backfire: SFC will have severe difficulty getting a full 11 out to the rest of their games. 20 minutes w/ 11 is one thing, but a full game, vs. a potent team like Poco...

BTW: you could also argue that it isn't fair for either of these teams to have to play another 90 minutes, and assume all the injury risk and fatigue that comes along with it. It may force the teams to play two 90s in the span of 3 days...you know how that worked out for Chilli last year, right Mills?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do you draw the line?

Okay what if there were 3 minutes left would surrey drive to poco for that? I wouldn't nor would most. Replay the fricken game and think of it as getting another game for your money(Surrey) cause chances are there will only be one more added game for you guys when the regular season is done:eek:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Message to Poco

Have the frickin' lights on for the game on Friday till 10pm! I want to see your tears dripping into one of the "best beer coolers" in the Lower Mainland. Osama bring our 6 pack!:D

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo vs Peg

An e-mail was sent to the league regarding the game on Friday asking what will happen and the answer given was that a decision will be made Wednesday night when the executive gets together.

Bertrum,

Just making sure you guys have checked the web and noticed the change from 7:30pm to 8pm for Friday's game.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
better

better teams playing friday at 8 pm at port moody town centre ,better football than the shite valley teams:D

metro ford wolves -westside rinos

ACID

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't turn off the lights!

There should be no way that they should give the win to Poco.

First off, the game was postponed, then the lights went out. I understand if it was the other way around and Poco was the visiting team, and they had to travel and wait extra for game time. Then it would be a good lesson for the home team to have there shite together. But it wasn't that way.
All I know, if they do give Poco the win, who is stopping other teams to shut off the lights at there home park when they are up 1 with 20 min. left. " ooops, lights out, we win!"

(I'm not saying that is how it went down, I understand the timer situation)

So I beleive there is no way that they are going to give Poco the win. It's either a whole new game or play the final 20.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: better

Originally posted by sid
better teams playing friday at 8 pm at port moody town centre ,better football than the shite valley teams:D

metro ford wolves -westside rinos

ACID

Then go circle-jerk with your bum-buddies, pal. This is the FVSL thread.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STiD

for once I agree with SixFyv...........

SID, if you're so bent on putting this league down, get the fcuk out of this thread!! .

I'm sure there's other people you can bother in your own threads :rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: STiD

Originally posted by Sage
for once I agree with SixFyv...........

SID, if you're so bent on putting this league down, get the fcuk out of this thread!! .

I'm sure there's other people you can bother in your own threads :rolleyes:

Amen, Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0