Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the only reliable turf field is in my back yard.........the Moody Town Center........I've never seen a game postponed from rain on that........even when Langley had theirs shut down that one time from that torrential downpour which caused the flooding the poor guys from Port Moody still had a game there.......what is the fcuking difference from one field to another that one drains properly and one doesn't........how much do you get paid to install one of these fields I ask, maybe I can get myself a new job

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough Turf

Heres a laugh.

As written in todays LANGLEY TIMES Newspaper:

socceroval1.jpg

Their comments were: "Soccer is played at the new soccer oval at McLeod Athletic Field, which drained quickly compared to the fields beside it." (Turf field is in the background)

It looks to me like some one is trying to make it look good to the tax payers....

flooding1.jpg

My photo shows a different story..

I hear rumour they are looking to repair our facilities drainage eventually, sometime in the offseason. Engineers report the top layer of drain rock is not porous enough. (and the damned surrounding track acts like a DAM).

Closures or not, I still love the field....

PS: Sorry for the Links, couldn't get the pictures to show in the message body.... cause I am a newb. ;)

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 1-0 over Langley. Lions up one at the half, and played the majority of the second half a man down due to a red card, but still held on for the win.

younguy

Nov 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 1 - 0 LUFC

if you ask me....its all because of the curse of those dam red boots. we just could not put the ball in the back of the net.

...the hideousness of those red boots will haunt my dreams forever.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good result

thank you nd lions geu is gaining points without even playing knight rider you must have had a hand in the win geu three games in hand , yet all three games in hand are against good squads

bertrumcanispissed

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full marks to the Lions, had a game plan and stuck to it. Defended in huge numbers while also getting forward. They definately used their youth to their advantage.
We could not buy a goal. One of those nights.
Left thinking the Lions could steal points if they play GEU or POCO again (too lazy to look at the schedule).

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
about time

Well done boys, Lions 1-0 winners, we were able to hold on to the win, despite playing with 10 men for most of the second half, and giving up numerous free kicks in dangerous spots (including a pk in the last minute)

the feeling was definately a good, and we get a long break to think about it, on to gn after the new year

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Lions... LARGE win!

You must have learned from the schoolin' Mikey Burns gave you last week!;)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done Lions

Very good result for you lads. Sweet revenge after the 5-1 first game.
It would appear that this is now a two horse race with the first team to self distruct out of the title honours. Langley losing twice to Peace Arch, once to Poco and now the Lions, will find it hard to keep pace unless they take all six points against GEU.

The Lions with only four regular league games left this season have probably done enough with this result to keep in them in the top flight for next season.

Enjoy your lay off.

Cheers

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: about time

Originally posted by joely_the_goalie
Well done boys, Lions 1-0 winners, ... and giving up numerous free kicks in dangerous spots (including a pk in the last minute)

I hope Utah didn't dummy that one (pk) as well.:p :D
I predict the top dogs will continue to "lose" points because from what I've seen of the league, ...any of the top 8 are capable of winning. Although I'd have to get another look at GEU to put them in that category(losing points).
No offense to Poco and Langley, because they've done the job, but I don't rate them as the elite of the league ( not that we're anything to sneeze at mind you.)
We've had problems with GN for 2 years (a win? 2 ties and a loss over the last 2 seasons)...and its ironic that we drew them in the Pak. I guess each team has their own match up challenges but gn is one of ours. Delta has been tough for us this year.
Who knows , teams look and play different against different teams.
But Langley near the top ?? . What a great achievement for that club...well done, but I just don't get it.
The fvsl will continue to provide mixed results as many teams reload and jocky for points and placings...
question: what will the final placings look like??? any takers?

Frolic away fellas
:D

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves well put, believe it or not i couldn't have said it any better.
The top of the league is a dangerous place to be right now as the teams in the middle and even the bottom of the pack are gunning for you. We don't have anything to lose, right Peace Arch;).

Last nights match was a good one, we came up with the points and it was a huge win for the boyz. The soccer gods were definetly out last night. However since Knight Rhider played the shits i'll leave the analysis to Lion, he had a good game.

Champlain's Keeper I had plenty to do with the win, Lions win together and lose together. With a good close before the break, life is great as a Lion. :cool:

Have a good break boys.
Knight Rhider waiting for santa so we can share some of trinidads finest!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: about time

Originally posted by Aves

We've had problems with GN for 2 years (a win? 2 ties and a loss over the last 2 seasons)...and its ironic that we drew them in the Pak. I guess each team has their own match up challenges but gn is one of ours.

thats actually 2 losses and two ties :rolleyes: :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves

Agree with most of what Aves has to say. There is parody right now. The great equalizer however IMO is hard work. Last night we were outworked by a team that arguably couldn't meet us skill wise man to man, but had a very good game plan.
Just as Langley has not overly impressed anybody this year, it is quite easy to say the same on my end. Even though we talk about GEU and POCO more because we are close to them in the standings, in reality I don't imagine that GEU will have significantly more to throw at us next week than the Lions did last night. PAU has looked better than anybody over the two game's. Crafty's bunch were much stronger the first time, disinterested it seemed the second time. POCO beat us but that was a sawoff, they just defended their one goal lead very well.
Langley is near the top because we are stronger this year man to man, although I question at times that last year's bunch didn't work harder and showed more heart, probably because we went into every game trying to protect what little pride we had left individually and as a team.
This year's team has definately been the benefactor of some good bounces. The Wack should have buried us by the end of the first half the second time around, but we got the result. Last week GN played the whole second half in our end, missed a PK and we got the result. It caught up to us last night, the bounces that is. We will be a good team if the group gives itself time to mature as a team, meaning more than one season, but on any given night the lack of familiarity hamper's us.
Make's for a better league than last year I believe.
Good topic, would be interesting to hear what other's see.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Surprise

I think the premier division in general is better this year with the additions and points are up for grabs between all teams. I don't think there are too many certainties on any given week and its the uncertainty and upsets that keep it interesting week in and week out. Nobody deserves to run away with the title and hopefully it will go down to the wire at the end. It seems the Lions will be the most successful of the newcomers and Langley as the biggest surprise team based on their results thus far. We certainly underestimated them and consequently they constitute two of our four losses this season.:eek:

Chilliwack are a better team than their record would indicate and are capable of beating any team in the league on their day. GN have lost a step on last season from what I've seen and PAU will finish strong after a disasterous start. We have struggled in games this year to find any kind of consistency which is a huge disappointment as I honestly believed we would be right there based on the squad we have.

In the words of the great Jimmy Greaves " Its a funny old game" :D

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice field

what a fukcin joke that the poco delta game was postponed last night. our coach has arranged a exhibition game tonight on the same park. what yesterday it was full of water and tonight it is ok to play on:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is parody right now
Now, that's funny. But I'm confused what the parody is? A well-run league? Good football? :D

~Regsintothesauceearlytonight:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bevies

Regs,
There's nothing like spending the night at home, alone, pissed drunk, posting on TTP.

Keep up the good work!

yodaonlyafewdrinksawayfromthesame

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by younguy
Lions 1 - 0 LUFC

if you ask me....its all because of the curse of those dam red boots. we just could not put the ball in the back of the net.

...the hideousness of those red boots will haunt my dreams forever.

Yes those red boots were shocking:D . Now if Langley could have only hit the net last night instead of trying to go for field goals:rolleyes: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0